Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

"Rats" Spork Exclaimed. "Rats, Rats, Rats! Rats was a child! We've killed a child. Who would want to kill a child! Murderers. Murderers. It's time to find out what's going on. It's going on. I will find out, find out, who is responsible. Who is responsible?"

----

I'm gonna go back through the thread, now. But I still have suspicions of Bard, and the others who voted on GM's. D1, as well as those Straw, and those that voted on Straw and Sart.

@Cadmium Compounder

I voted on Sart to break a tie but I had both people on my suspicion list. Was gonna vote Bard to ensure we had a lynch last cycle until Devotary's post popped up with a vote on Sart and I just felt like that might be a better lynch. It was 50/50 so I just picked. 

I wanted to vote Elandera but I put off analysis until too late and a single vote on them wouldn't have made a difference.

I will be live reacting, so reading through the thread and then typing up my responses as I see posts. I did pull up this cycle first to make sure that I was not dead, and could actually justify typing a bunch up.

Ah. So, briefly why Mail is mafia: First convo was pushing for info, and when that was finally shot down he moved on quite quickly. Second Convo was discussing do we want a lynch? Hey I’mma vote Bard (who may be getting bussed)  Then he changes to Drought, who I’m getting a village read off of Convo 3: he has 3 suspicions, none of which matched who he brought up before Then asked for Independents to out themselves to him. Very agro, inconsistent, and information hungry
(I can't get it to unbold sorry) This is a very rough version of my thoughts and reasonings

@Coop772 Well, there are, in fact, a few problems with this. 

1. Info: if he was pushing for info, then it got shut down, continuing to stay with it would arouse suspicion, and be fairly useless. If a large amount of the village shoots something down then there is little point in continuing to push for it.

2. Changing to me: He changed to me before I had done anything. So far, not counting this post, I have made 2 posts, 1 of them was only a sentence long post that does not deserve to truly be counted. When he had switched to me I had none nothing. It was a poke vote, do not read too much into it. 

3. Village Read: Again, I have posted once. I may be good at crafting lies over just one post. Reserve your judgment on me for a while yet, until you can get more of a read on me.

4. Suspicions: From what I've read of the thread so far, there are very few people who are playing suspicious at all. Nothing is standing out to me as being elim-y, and having your suspicions flop around a lot with little amounts of information is a fairly common thing to do.

5. Information: This game does not have a lot of good suspicions going around, so the best solution, in my mind, is to search for other sources of information. Now, the Independents have a choice, they can message Mail, or they can not, it is up to them on if they trust Mail. I would suggest that if there are any independents who have not already messaged him, then do not. If everyone independent messages him, the elims can convert Mail and he would have access to a large amount of information.

Although you do have good points for an elim read, I do not believe that you have enough evidence to say we all need to lynch him, I still have a fairly strong village read of him.

The rest of the end of the cycle was Mail and Coop having a quick discussion, largely covering the points listed above, and clarifying things, just seems like useful NAI discussion, with Mail quickly clarifying his suspicions and why.

Then Devotary posted, quickly covering lynch candidates, and deciding to vote on Sart for his eagerness to hop on the faction list plan, when seems reasonable to me.

Finally, BR came in and officially decided the lynch on Sart, which seems fairly village to me, and I agree that Sart seemed slightly more off than Bard.

Onto this cycle! 

Sart was a child of Karata, and I'm not reading much into the lynch as of this moment. Sart seemed fairly separated, except from Mail, which does not tell us much. The lynch felt very organic, I feel like it easily could have been the elims staying separate from the lynch, and not having to do anything to push it in either direction. The Devotary and BR votes were last second, which will warrant them both another look into, but it did not feel like elims trying to protect a teammate, merely villagers trying to guarantee a lynch.

Then there is the Coop attack. and attacks are weird this game, so I do not know much of what to read into it. It could have been someone attempting to implicate Mail, but, unless the Elims got a lucky conversion I do not believe that they have an attack.... I'll go double check rules.
Does not seem like the elims have an attack, unless they got the lucky conversion, so either they did and are trying to throw someone (probably Mail), under the bus- which does not seem to effective to me- or a wildman decided that Coop was being suspicious and decided to attack. (or someone like Aanden attacked or another attacking role or.... you get the point). I am more inclined to believe that someone was not the happiest with Coop.

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'm gonna go back through the thread, now. But I still have suspicions of Bard, and the others who voted on GM's. D1, as well as those Straw, and those that voted on Straw and Sart.

You are going back through the thread, but I would like to hear why you have suspicions on these people. To me, at least, most of the votes seemed organic, something that could have come from a villager. The results of who voted on who only matter based off of their reasoning, as most votes will be placed by people who have no idea who is an elim, and the only ones who know are the elims themselves. (hopefully this paragraph makes sense...)

1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Cadmium Compounder

I voted on Sart to break a tie but I had both people on my suspicion list. Was gonna vote Bard to ensure we had a lynch last cycle until Devotary's post popped up with a vote on Sart and I just felt like that might be a better lynch. It was 50/50 so I just picked. 

I wanted to vote Elandera but I put off analysis until too late and a single vote on them wouldn't have made a difference.

This is pretty much the read that I got from BR's posts, and, at the very least, it is consistent with what it appeared to be. I see no small holes that could have happened if BR was an elim, so slightly village read.

Apparently Coop was attacked by (most likely) the Wildmen. What if we were to propose kill candidates for the Wildmen? WE could vote in purple for those we'd like the Wildmen to kill. Obviously, it would ultimately be in the hands of each Wildman, but we could try to use that as a secondary lynch. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Apparently Coop was attacked by (most likely) the Wildmen. What if we were to propose kill candidates for the Wildmen? WE could vote in purple for those we'd like the Wildmen to kill. Obviously, it would ultimately be in the hands of each Wildman, but we could try to use that as a secondary lynch. Thoughts?

Wouldn't we want the wildmen to kill whoever we vote for, by definition?

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Not neccesarily. If we vote for someone, there's still a chance that they're protected. In addition, if we have two people to lynch, we can lynch one and sic the wildmen on the other.

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

You mean the ones we use the regular lynch on? Uh, not really? Since they're already becoming Hoed. Another way of doing it though would be to have the Wildmen attack whoever is second on the vote tally.

1 minute ago, Mailliw73 said:

You mean the ones we use the regular lynch on? Uh, not really? Since they're already becoming Hoed. Another way of doing it though would be to have the Wildmen attack whoever is second on the vote tally.

Right, I mean that assuming the person we vote on isn't the #1 lynch target, we would want them to attack whoever we vote for.

Thanks for the advice, Drought! Enjoying my first proper SE game.

And, yeah, I was going to give my reads, but I put it off and then I ran out of time. Again, mea culpa.

Spoiler

Fifth Scholar: hasn’t provided any solid reads as of yet, only presenting suspicion against me and xino. Leaning slightly village because they pushed for a lynch C1 and complained about it not happening.

xinoehp512: mostly inactive, and has only responded to the poke votes against him. No read as of yet.

Kidpen: posts have been erratic and mostly jokes or responses to other accusations. So far so normal. No read.

Brightness Radiant: made good analysis posts and recommendations during C1, not so much during C2, only outlining suspicion of Elandera and voting Sart. Village as of C1 - may have been converted.

Devotary: their only posts in C1 were in regards to faction sharing. In C2 they outlined a suspicion of Sart and thought Meta and Straw looked innocent. No read as of yet.

Elandera: went for a lynch C1, but abstained during C2. Leaning slightly Spirit because their posts seem off to me, and that they pushed for a lynch during C1 when there wasn’t much traction but didn’t vote C2.

Steeldancer: hasn’t voted as of yet and has no suspicions. Also stated that they wanted to vote Joe. Leaning slightly Spirit due to not pushing any lynches, although that might just be his play style. I might swing on this read.

Cadcom: outlined suspicion of bard and those who voted on Joe, mostly without justifications. No read, will be keeping an eye on for now.

Mailliw73: a lot of posts - pushed very heavily for faction sharing, and questioned having a lynch C1. Asked independents to message him, and outlined suspicions of Steel, Ela and Sart. I’m indecisive about this one - people seem to think he’s village, but I’m unsure. I’ll be keeping an eye on him.

Alvron: mostly unrelated faction posts and a random Brightness vote. Leaning village due to his analysis of the faction sharing idea C1, which seems pretty village.

Droughtbringer: long and detailed analyses, and pushes for Sart instead of Bard. Village read.

Shqueeves: disagrees with faction sharing idea, and pokes xino. Somewhat inactive, but I’m getting a village read as of C1. 

Meta: not very active during C1, and voted Bard C2 to switch off of a pokevote. Is writing this analysis. Village read.

Coop772: fights the faction sharing idea very heavily in the first round, but mostly RPs during the second. Their suspicion of Mailliw seems village to me.

Young Bard: tentatively trusts Mailliw, and votes Joe. Changed my mind about this one - back to a neutral read.

(I removed the reads for inactive people, since they’re all neutral.) 

So, yeah. I agree with the suspicions of Ela and Steel right now. I’m unsure about Cadcom and Mail, with possible suspicions that I’m not willing to push yet. I don’t have a read on xino, Kidpen or Devo. The others so far seem village to me.

26 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

I agree with the suspicions of Ela and Steel right now. I’m unsure about Cadcom and Mail, with possible suspicions that I’m not willing to push yet. I don’t have a read on xino, Kidpen or Devo. The others so far seem village to me.

It seems most of the suspicion on me has to do with my voting patterns. I'm going to attempt to explain again why I've done what I've done.

My vote on Steeldancer on D1 was simply to get a lynch discussion started. I do believe a lynch, even on a villager, on D1 can be helpful. I'm not saying it's ideal, but it can be helpful. Prior to my vote, there had only been one other vote the whole turn, that being Coop's vote on Joe. I chose Steel because he tends to be insightful and I didn't recall him posting anything major so far. I never felt the need to remove my vote because there was no real threat against him. At the time I logged off and went to sleep, there were several votes on Joe, making vote manipulation unlikely. I didn't think it would be as much of a problem as it apparently has been, since it's not the first time someone has left a poke-vote in place.

As for my abstaining from last cycle, there was no need to start a lynch discussion as I had C1 since one was already going. My brain is not fully functional right now and hasn't been for a few days. I thought it best for me to stay out of it rather than mess things up with reasoning affected by cold medicine.

5 hours ago, Droughtbringer said:

Then there is the Coop attack. and attacks are weird this game, so I do not know much of what to read into it. It could have been someone attempting to implicate Mail, but, unless the Elims got a lucky conversion I do not believe that they have an attack.... I'll go double check rules.

The only attacks in the game are the Wildmen attacks and Baron Aanden's stone blocks. I doubt the goal was to implicate Mail, because the 40% of the target fighting back means a 40% chance that an attacking Wildman would have been exposed. I presume that if Baron Aanden or Shaor had been converted, we would have heard about it due to the sudden dissolution and redistribution of a faction doc. As villagers, if these gang leaders suspected Mail they could have just attacked him directly instead of trying to implicate him.

2 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

That might work, although there are a few roles that can interfere with that. Aanden could sabotage the process by attacking the proposed target himself, dealing one pain level to every Wildman who also attacks the target. I don't see why he'd do this unless he was converted though, in which case we'll have advanced warning.I suppose we could have purple executions carried out by Aanden, which would remove this problem entirely. Dahad can roleblock, but that shouldn't apply unless he's really lucky, or unless Aanden is designated to carry out the execution and Dahad has learned his faction leader's identity. The bodyguard could protect the target, although that would probably be suicidal and kill some of the bodyguards faction members. Finally, if the designated target is a Child of Karata, they might be able to use the factional ability to protect themselves. As an informal, nonbinding system of "If I could kill anyone, it would be this particular player" though, purple votes could be effective.

So. The assumption that I believe was prevalent was that Independents are proven village. Joe just confirmed that if a Spirit were to start not in a faction, they would count as Independent and thus be able to PM. Please don't assume your Independent contacts are Village just because of their messaging capabilities. 

2 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So I have received word from the Children of Karata that based on scans conducted by Dashe, Shqueeves is a traitor based on process of elimination. If Dashe is lying, we can always lynch him next cycle, but I see Shqueeves as a near-certain lynch. 

:shrug:

Shqueeves 

Itiah X held a small piece of paper in his hand. He’d been given it before he got sent to this wretched place. It only said one word:

Waffles

Itiah ate the paper, wishing it was a waffle.

~~~

Hey! I’m back, and here to offer my wisdom, so all you younglings can become enlightened like me!

Number one piece of wisdom:

Shqueeves

Number two piece of wisdom:

I don’t think Fifth is lying. This would all seem awfully elaborate just to get one mislynch. Besides, if it fails, it puts him and Dashe in the lynch spotlight.

Number three piece of wisdom: 

If I was talking to myself, I would listen to myself. Therefore, you should listen to me!

There we go, just a little bit of wisdom for everyone. In all honesty, I’m just writing this post like this because I’m all out of creative ideas, and I need something memorable to mark my return, right?

Edited by I think I am here.
Added some wisdom

16 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So I have received word from the Children of Karata that based on scans conducted by Dashe, Shqueeves is a traitor based on process of elimination. If Dashe is lying, we can always lynch him next cycle, but I see Shqueeves as a near-certain lynch. 

Seems legit. I'll bear that in mind, but I will wait to vote until there has been more discussion regarding this accusation. 

Fifth would really be putting his head on the chopping block if this is fake. Hm. Shqueeves

I can't figure out how this would be a ploy. Even if Fifth is an elim and lies about this then he'd only accomplish lynching one villager and then framing one more before he was killed. That would be too risky for a Spirit this early on.

Edit;

@Shqueeves so you don't die unknowingly or have a chance to counter this claim

Edit #2: Although....if they are counting on that claim having side effects where at least two villagers get framed then that gives them 2 more cycles to get conversions and currently there could be 4 elims because of conversions and by the time we got this cleared up there could be like 7 elims with how many cycles it would take and by then losing Fifth would be just 1 in 7 elims and that wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. (No offence Fifth:P)

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Seems to be a lot of red shqueeves in this thread, and my brain is not in a state where I can process that right now. RP and Analysis later, but for now I just want to remind everyone that we still have over a day left in the cycle, and it would be a shame if we wasted it