Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

And he's mysteriously capable of procuring a copy of Words of Radiance... Gaz just became a suspect. I will re-read Shallan chapters from WoR. I will report back with any inconsistencies in Gaz's character.

Gaz's change in character I believe had a lot to do with his sudden change of position in life - he deserted because he was basically a slave to the army through his military vows. Therefore, having something useful to do, ie help Shallan made him much more cheerful. Now that I think about it though, we only hear that side of the story AFTER he deserts. So possible a kandra replaced him shortly after he disappeared from WoK, is aware of his debts, but doesn't quite get the personality correct. Although his fellow deserters/drinking partners IIRC, might notice.

Good spot regarding Iyatil. And nice one for the Diagram quote, Veil.

Iyatil would be a very solid pick, someone has noted before how she seems to move like Vin - assuming Vin has not been resurrected and Iyatil is said kandra, perhaps those mannerisms were deliberately imitated because Iyatil idolizes her; we know TenSoon tried to hype her up as a god figure much the TLR was.

This seems more likely to me - especially the part about imitating Vin. From the scene Shallan meets Taln (pg758)

"I have many times asked myself", Iyatil said, "why those of you here go about so brazenly with features exposed to all who would see them. My mask reserves myself. Besides, it gives me the ability to adapt."

(emphasis mine).

I previously took this to be just another foreign worldview. But the ability to adapt line takes on another light if she's kandra.
Which then raises the question, whose body does she have? at what point did she become Kandra?

-Theory for kandra worldhopper - Elokar Wife back home in the capital- they say her behavior is growing erratic and she seems just like the perfect firgurehead to be replaced.

-Perhaps one of the original bridgeman, now a trusted member of Dalinar's army.

Aesudan is an interesting one, but if she's behaving erratically then it's a really bad Kandra. What about the girl from the Lhan interlude?
As for bridgemen.....Teft's been wandering off on his own, but I'm not sure that a sign of a kandra. Just mentioning the possibility here.

Good counter point if they are acting differently that would seem less likely to be a kandra.. Do we know what generation? Is this an adapt Kandra- Tensoo was one of the best remmeber that- of the 3rd Generation and the most practice- this could be another 3rd of great skill or perhaps just a novice 7+..

I know getting ahead of ourselves but knowing which generation could help us idenify the kandra depending on his/her skill level.

Vin is basically deity though. Would they really use her bones like that? Somehow I doubt that. Copying Vin's manerisms seems more plausible than actually using her bones. I'm still hoping Vin will show up one day again so maybe that's why I don't want this :<. Iyatil definitely seems to have Vins mannerisms but not her skill(Vin is persceptive enough to realize something is off with Hoid so I don't see how a crude illusion that doesn't work properly could fool her).

Edited by Numb

I'm sorry, but all I was thinking at this point was:

Which the more I think about it, the more that actually does sound like kandra. Replace "oaths" with "contracts" and...

XD Yep. No more late-night speculating for me.

(Though I do think it would be awesome if it turned out the Diagram was way more Cosmere-aware than non-uber-genious Taravangian could ever suspect. The comment about the Wanderer seems to fit with that possibility...)

People have assumed that genius!Taravangian was referring to the Radiants. But could he have been smart enough on that day to mean both?Could he have left his future self with hints that covered all possible circumstances.

@Delightful: Very good point about Iyatil. I hadn't caught the line about adapting. I believe Iyatil is our best lead at the moment.

Vin is basically deity though. Would they really use her bones like that? Somehow I doubt that. Copying Vin's manerisms seems more plausible than actually using her bones. I'm still hoping Vin will show up one day again so maybe that's why I don't want this :<. Iyatil definitely seems to have Vins mannerisms but not her skill(Vin is persceptive enough to realize something is off with Hoid so I don't see how a crude illusion that doesn't work properly could fool her).

After what Brandon said about bringing back dead characters too, I find it hard to believe he'd just turn Vin into a worldhopper. 

Good counter point if they are acting differently that would seem less likely to be a kandra.. Do we know what generation? Is this an adapt Kandra- Tensoo was one of the best remmeber that- of the 3rd Generation and the most practice- this could be another 3rd of great skill or perhaps just a novice 7+..

I know getting ahead of ourselves but knowing which generation could help us idenify the kandra depending on his/her skill level.

Although by this point they may all have gained in skill. Did Harmony create more Kandra?

Did they bury Vin and Elend? It would've been such a waste of bones if they didn't get eaten... WalDo is Vin and Vin is Iyatil and I love this.

I'm 99% sure they were buried, and Brandon has said they're not returning because their story has been told and finished. If our kandra is Iyatil, I think she's copying Vin, but is not Vin herself.

genius!Taravangian 

Did I just accidenally make this more of a thing??  :wacko:

@Delightful: Very good point about Iyatil. I hadn't caught the line about adapting. I believe Iyatil is our best lead at the moment.

Tbh, I didn't catch it to begin with. I just knew she said something foreign-culture-y in that scene so I went to have a look and found talk of adapting. But thanks.

Storms, guys. I just remembered something. Iyatil could be considered a good actor too! Remember when she pretended to be mad?!

:o  Wow, good point! At this stage I'm gonna be really annoyed if it isn't Iyatil.

Remmeber Kandra cannot hurt Humans- That is part of thier law and thier rules! So if Kandra Wolrdhopper is someone here they cannot harm anyone..

Do we know whether the kandra are still bound by the Contracts after the Final Ascension? That is an important thing which should be figured out.

Erm, how does Vin being eaten by Kandra mean her returning? Never meant that. anyways it wouldn't be 'her', but WalDo would have her appearance AND as far as we know it could be imitating Vin. That's more than enough for me as a Mistborn fan and an awesome cameo/easteregg without having to start reviving dead characters :)

Another thing about Iyatil is that she seems like a nasty piece of work.  Would a kandra working for Harmony act like that?

Of course, it could be a disguise to blend in with the Ghostbloods....

Well, the AoL Ars Arcanum does say that kandra "for the most part" serve Harmony. Maybe WalDo is a rogue kandra?

Lyatil doesn't seem to fit a Kandra. I think that the mask is related to some magic system. Either one of the Rosharian systems as yet unseen, or from a planet that hasn't been seen yet. If the ghostbloods really are involved with world hoppers, I would peg her as from an unseen planet. I mean, given all of the shards and planets out there, why should all of the world hoppers only come from known planets.

It has been confirmed that a kandra worldhopper on another world- so we are trying to find out who...Lyatil is a prime supsect we are just trying to make connections.. Gaz also seems like a good suspect at the moment.

Any others?

Edited by Shardmancer

After what Brandon said about bringing back dead characters too, I find it hard to believe he'd just turn Vin into a worldhopper. 

I don't mean as a worldhopper. I imagine some huge epic battle towards the end of the Cosmere books on a universal scale where as a last desperate attempt by Harmony to save his people he calls on their ultimate champion. Queue epic gladiator music with explosions everywhere as Vin strolls into life. 

On the topic of the Kandra. If one was on Roshar could Harmony still communicate with it?

I don't mean as a worldhopper. I imagine some huge epic battle towards the end of the Cosmere books on a universal scale where as a last desperate attempt by Harmony to save his people he calls on their ultimate champion. Queue epic gladiator music with explosions everywhere as Vin strolls into life. 

On the topic of the Kandra. If one was on Roshar could Harmony still communicate with it?

Yes Kandra are invested.. This investiture- the blessing would allow harmony to communicate and affect thier actions in the cosmere- (As we know Hemalurgy is a Cosmere wide investiture.

Edited by Shardmancer

It has been confirmed that a kandra worldhopper is on Roshar- so we are trying to find out who...Lyatil is a prime supsect we are just trying to make connections.. Gaz also seems like a good suspect at the moment.

Any others?

Where was it confirmed?  The quote only says that we have seen kandra in places other than in Mistborn.

Iyatil as WalDo

Pros:

Known to be the babsk of a widely suspected worldhopper.

Flesh has displayed an noticeably fluid quality.

Has displayed skills in acting and deception.

Specifically refers to her mask as making it easier to "adapt".

Behavior resembles Vin, an individual known to be revered by the kandra.

Cons:

Is an assassin, which is both unlike Harmony and is possibly forbidden by contracts.

It is unknown whether a non-Harmony kandra would revere Vin, possibly negating the final pro.

All pros could be interpreted as mundane skills as opposed to racial qualities.

I'd say it's not the person known as Taln, as he seems a bit too central to the plot and is slated for a POV, and Brandon has said you don't need to read the other cosmere books to understand what is going on. Giving a kandra a POV outside of Scadrial doesn't seem to jive with that.