Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

No Star Wars spoilers

It seems like Mistborn Era 2 (not to be confused with Wax and Wayne, or Era 1.5) Is similar to the Clone Wars, in terms of time periods.

Note that when we are saying "Era 2 is after Stormlight 5" we /are/ referring to Wax and Wayne.  Brandon just decided to change his mind on that.

From the annotations of Wax and Wayne, the entire Wax and Wayne series wasn't in the original plan. It was apparently an accident.

That is correct (though I wouldn't call it an accident, more an experiment that went well), I'm not sure I understand your point though?

Someone said that Mistborn Era 2 was Wax and Wayne, and in between Stormlight 5 & 6.

That is correct, because when Brandon first introduced the Era terminology, just about a year ago now, Wax and Wayne was Era 2, the modern trilogy was Era 3, and the space opera trilogy was Era 4.  Yesterday was the first time Brandon announced that he was changing Wax and Wayne to be Era 1.5. 

When Brandon said "Era 2 is after Stormlight 5" he meant Wax and Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...

That's kind of my thought process in my SoS metal theory thread. Odium, or Autonomy anyway.

I think Brandon was trying (succefully it seems) to throw a curve ball at you guys. The release of SoS and the announcement tht Bavadin is Autonomy seems too fishy to me. I think he did it to throw people off, honestly. My evidence is this:

In SoS, the chapter during the party at the Mayors mansion, when wax is listening

to Bleeder taunt him, and hes trying to find her, she specifically says "Free will is an illusion." Why would a supposed agent of Autonomy, something that supposedly values freedom and freewill above all else, say that there is no such thing as free will? To me, tht screams out that its not Autonomy.

My guess would be Odium, but that just seems too easy as well. And we really dont know enough about any other shards intent to succesfully match it with Bleeders actions. Again, to me, Autonomy seemed like a plant by Brandon to throw people off the trail. But, I could easily be wrong. I see now why you guys like creating theories.

In SoS, the chapter during the party at the Mayors mansion, when wax is listening

to Bleeder taunt him, and hes trying to find her, she specifically says "Free will is an illusion." Why would a supposed agent of Autonomy, something that supposedly values freedom and freewill above all else, say that there is no such thing as free will? To me, tht screams out that its not Autonomy.

I don't remember the exact context, but could she have meant that free will is an illusion right now because of how much overt action Harmony is taking in the world? That would be pretty Autonomy-esque.

I don't know. Personally, I think it was Odium or maybe Rust (or both).

Every thread has turned into the "Who is Trell" discussion.

Personally (as I've said a few times), I think that Odium and Autonomy have worked together to splinter their more-or-less opposites, Dominion and Devotion on Sel. Evidenced by Hoid's hatred of them, and uttering them in the same breath in the letter. There is a WoB that opposites won't always be as nicely pair as Ruin and Preservation, so Odium/Devotion and Autonomy/Dominion definitely works in my mind, unless we find a closer pairing down the road. Another WoB states that Odium would work with another Shard if he were in charge, in sort of the same way that Ruin worked with Preservation to create life on Scadrial. My theory is that they're working together to take on Harmony the double Shard, whom Odium fears, according to another WoB.

My other thought is that, Since Harmony took two Shards, they could together have two Intents. Harmony, and Discord. I think that Harmony now has his own opposite, and that opposite is doing things behind good ol' Sazed's back. Such as influencing a mad Kandra to cause unrest in Elendel. 

Somewhat on topic on the WalDo thread, perhaps Paalm has worldhopped to get a metal from another Shard, as I don't think that Autonomy could show up on Scadrial without Saze noticing, and Odium is still stuck in Braize. 

Edited by Khyrindor