Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

I think Odium's number is 9, there were 99 Desolations and 4500 years between each (9*5)

The whole "99 Desolations" is more an artifact of Vorin theology than an accurate count. Brandon has compared it to the "40 days and 40 nights" in Christian beliefs. Also the 4500 years is only the length of time between the Last Desolation and Everstorm, the intervals between the others were significantly shorter (after all Brandon once mentioned that Adonalsium was only Shattered about 6000 years before the Last Desolation).

This thread has gotten significantly off topic, but I don't mind that lol. I still have no clue who the kandra could be, or where it is.

But what if the kandra is in plain sight, literally. What if it is OreSeur, or TenSoon, or MeLaan? What a twist of our kandra worldhopper has only been seen so far on Scadrial, it's home planet?

This may have been debated in here already, but have we considered Demoux? He's a known worldhopper from Scadrial, and why wouldn't a kandra be part of the 17th shard?

IIRC Demoux was intended to die but as part of a personal deal with a friend Brandon made him live and get the girl... Killing him and replacing him with a Kandra would defeat the (likely) spirit of that change.

IIRC Demoux was intended to die but as part of a personal deal with a friend Brandon made him live and get the girl... Killing him and replacing him with a Kandra would defeat the (likely) spirit of that change.

Unless he's alive still,  much much later,  because he was changed into a Kandra by Sazed.  Something has to have happened to give Demoux long life and this could be it.  He could now be DeMoux.

Possible if Sazed turned him into a Kandra, but it doesn't seem right to me.

If we saw Demoux without any other people that have died many time ago, I will thought abou the Kandra-trasformation. But it's very unlikely because any other explaination about the long-live of the other two may work easly with Demoux (to be honest Galladon doesn't need any trick to stay alive all this time, but the other guy is not as immortal I presume)

Edited by Yata

That's right, I forgot about that. My apologies. Although I could see Sanderson making that part of the deal with his friend, "yes, I'll let your character live, under the condition of being a secret kandra later on." Lol

If we saw Demoux without any other people that have died many time ago, I will thought abou the Kandra-trasformation. But it's very unlikely because any other explaination about the long-live of the other two may work easly with Demoux (to be honest Galladon doesn't need any trick to stay alive all this time, but the other guy is not as immortal I presume)

Yeah Galladon,  doesn't need any tricks he's already immortal.  The other guy I'm not sure on since I haven't seen white sand yet which is where I thought I read he was from.  Hopefully when the graphic novels come out we can learn more.  If he's already immortal on his own,  we might have to assume Sazed did something for Demoux.  This doesn't have to be Kandra,  but something has obviously happened to Demoux to let him live on.

Well a Shardholder may give Immortality to an Human I suppose. Rashek does to his Terrisman but he had no the Medical Knowledge to change the Human's Anathomy with precision.
Sazed with time and his Metalmind knowledge (and any other Knowlege that may gatherer) may does something like that to me.
But I don't think he does.

Well a Shardholder may give Immortality to an Human I suppose. Rashek does to his Terrisman but he had no the Medical Knowledge to change the Human's Anathomy with precision.

Sazed with time and his Metalmind knowledge (and any other Knowlege that may gatherer) may does something like that to me.

But I don't think he does.

Well, it is not exactly this way. What Rashek did was to transform them into beings which are immortal (or have extremely long lifespan, since First Generation didn't look that healthy).

It was not granting immortality in a wrong way; immortality came as a consequences of what they became, not the other way around.

On the other hand, we've seen immortal humans with perfectly human bodies - but with vast amount of Breaths.

Basically with immortality in the Cosmere, Shardholders are immortal as long as the hold the Shard (though they can be killed), and one becomes a Shardholder by having an incredibly large amount of Investiture in them. If someone has enough Investiture, then, you could theoretically gain Immorality via any source of Investiture in the Cosmere. However, only with Breath have we seen this take effect. The kandra are Invested via Hemalurgic spike, but the natural Investiture they contained in the form of Feruchemy was turned into Investiture able to grant immortality.

I think that's because that, while you have that much Breath, you aren't always doing something with it. When Mistborn burn their metals, it is immediately going to a purpose. Rashek was able to cheat that with a magic hack, but it didn't have to do with constantly holding Investiture. What about the Heralds? They don't seem to age. Radiants? He haven't seen any incredibly old ones that we know of, but Stormlight is a lot like Breath, perhaps holding it constantly prevents you from aging. If you had enough maybe.

Instead of trying to figure out what character the kandra is impersonating, has anyone tried figuring out which kandra is doing the impersonating? If it's TenSoon, MeLaan, Bleeder, etc. then it might be easier to identify the worldhopper through knowledge of the kandra. I don't really know any of the timeline stuff, but is it possible that it was bleeder? It is mentioned that she became fanatically devoted to harmony and was sent on many missions, would also explain where she got the spike made out of an unknown metal, she could have found it on a different world.

I don't know how to create the spoiler box thing on my phone so......

Unfortunately with your theory Paalm can't be the kandra in question as she commits suicide at the end of SoS, which takes place before SA.

You make spoilers by adding

at the end (no spaces).

Isn't Mistborn Second Era after SA? I believe I heard something like that.

I haven't read through this whole thread, so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

In HoA, during TenSoon's trial, they sentence him to the "ritual punishment of ChanGaar" or something like that.

This could be a bit of random worldbuilding, but I've always wondered what ChanGaar did to be the Kandra this punishment was created for. I've also been wondering if he's still in one of the prison cell pits, or if he'd escaped.