Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

Some have speculated Drehy as being a terrismen, which could very well mean he's a kandra, the other is Gaz, but I lean towards him not being a kandra. I haven't read the books in some time so I can't think of any other bridge four members besides rock off the top of my head. And I don't think rock is our suspect.

I really don't want it to be someone like Gaz. I mean, sure, he's redeemed and all, but I want someone who we liked and respected from the beginning. Y'know what I'm saying?

I honestly feel like it's going to be someone out of left field, that we never saw coming. I still feel Iyatil is a decent candidate, but I think we're missing someone and when it is finally discovered who/where the kandra is we're going to collectively have a "I didn't see that coming" reaction.

WHAT IF EVERYONE IS KANDRA?! Like, every character apart from main characters is being impersonated by kandra? For additional hilarity every kandra was told that he is the only one sent there. And Sazed just became the biggest troll ever, because he found that harmony lies in irony? Now every kandra spy he sent is becoming super paranoid because there is something off with people around?

I would like to put forward the name of... Ialai Sadeas...

Married to a highprince, spymaster in her own right...

Have we heard of her being sick and almost dying in the past (actually dying and being replaced by a Kandra)? Going missing for a while?

I don't think we have ever had a PoV from her. Have we seen her eat? (Probably, but that isn't a deal breaker, just her taste in food would be interesting)

Edited by Melriken

Kandra are renowned for their talents of imitation. It could be anybody except the POV characters, spren, and probably all Surgebinders.

Edit: What if the madman in the cell who thinks he's a Herald is actually a kandra? Unless the madman is actually a Herald, which I don't think is likely.

Edited by Stormgate

Edit: What if the madman in the cell who thinks he's a Herald is actually a kandra? Unless the madman is actually a Herald, which I don't think is likely.

I doubt that, a kandra would want to blend in, not stand out and attract attention. Unless, Odium (or another shard) was able to influence their actions or exert control over them because of the hemalurgic spikes. Or if it would have something to do with being so far from the shard whose power they've been invested with. Which may be possible? I don't know, what do you guys think?

I doubt that, a kandra would want to blend in, not stand out and attract attention. Unless, Odium (or another shard) was able to influence their actions or exert control over them because of the hemalurgic spikes. Or if it would have something to do with being so far from the shard whose power they've been invested with. Which may be possible? I don't know, what do you guys think?

As far as we know, other shards could influence an hemalurgic construct, but only Ruin and Preservation have a direct backdoor to their mind. It would be more like soothing or rioting, or how Odium influenced Lin Davar.

Another point: "Taln" seems convinced he is Taln, so I don't think it is a kandra

What?! Sources, please! I had no idea about this!

I am bad at finding WoBs, but there is one and Hoid did tell Shallan the things she was facing weren't fully natural.

BTW, did you notice that in one of Elhokar's especially paranoid moments in WoK his eyes get described in a very similar way to how Lin's eyes get described in the chapter Helaran appears?

I currently believe Radiants can drive away voidspren influencing people near them, but Shallan wasn't strong enough to save her father before it was too late, while the sudden influx of Radiants prevented Elhokar from going from "terrible king" to "terrifying king".

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

I am bad at finding WoBs, but there is one and Hoid did tell Shallan the things she was facing weren't fully natural.

BTW, did you notice that in one of Elhokar's especially paranoid moments in WoK his eyes get described in a very similar way to how Lin's eyes get described in the chapter Helaran appears?

I currently believe Radiants can drive away voidspren influencing people near them, but Shallan wasn't strong enough to save her father before it was too late, while the sudden influx of Radiants prevented Elhokar from going from "terrible king" to "terrifying king".

I see no reason for this to not be true, but if it is, then the first step in making Elhokar a good person-or at least a tolerable King- is to exorcise the voidspren. Or is it the Unmade? Every Shard has a number, Preservation had 16, Ruin possibly had one, Honor has ten, it makes sense that the number of Unmade is equal to Odium's Shardic number. We know for sure there are not ten Unmade, though.

I see no reason for this to not be true, but if it is, then the first step in making Elhokar a good person-or at least a tolerable King- is to exorcise the voidspren. Or is it the Unmade? Every Shard has a number, Preservation had 16, Ruin possibly had one, Honor has ten, it makes sense that the number of Unmade is equal to Odium's Shardic number. We know for sure there are not ten Unmade, though.

But Ruin's system still had 16 base metals. It could be that 16 was dominant number for Scadrial, as is ten for Roshar.

Or maybe Ruin was piggybacking Preservation's magic system. All Hemalurgy we know of involved taking the extra bit of Preservation all Scadrians have inside of them, corrupting and weakening it, and stapling it to your own soul. Perhaps if the gemstones used for Soulcasting were turned into spikes on Roshar, you could steal Radiant bonds.

Well, according to my own theory, the voidspren is already gone. Now there are only his hundreds of personal issues.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern