Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

Some people have speculated that the kandra is Iyatil with the skin forming around the mask, would this mask be similar to the one sixth of the dusk uses on the surface of the water?

Ohhh now that is interesting! That would confirm Iyatil isn't the kandra but still is a worldhopper.

Yes there are other Aimiens. When Rysn when to the island which was actually a great shell, she saw one hanging head down on a tree.

Pretty sure that was actually Axies, the same dude. But Axies mentions that there are others.

Some people have speculated that the kandra is Iyatil with the skin forming around the mask, would this mask be similar to the one sixth of the dusk uses on the surface of the water?

Again, see my post above about Iyatil. What mask do you mean? I can't seem to remember it.

Edited by Khyrindor

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but what about Mrall? The Thaylen man Mr. T talks to in the WOR interlude?

"Horrible," Mrall said with a grin. "Just as we wanted it."

"Do not take pleasure in suffering," Taravangian replied. "Even when it is a work of our hands." He took a bite of his mush. "Particularly when it is a work of our hands."
"As you wish. I will do so no more."

"Can you really change that easily?" Taravangian asked. "Turn off your emotions on a whim?"

"Of course," Mrall said.

While rereading WoA, this quote caught my eye between TenSoon and Vin.

"If you say so Mistress, I will believe it to be true."

Kandra can apparently change their mental states at will, if TenSoon is to be used as a standard. Kandra can pretend to be female or male, irregardless of their actual sex. Mrall plays a minor enough role to be unnoticed, but is allowed to determine whether or not Mr. T is fit to rule. Power, secrecy, and access to one of the most powerful men on Roshar? Seems like an ideal spot for a kandra. 

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but what about Mrall? The Thaylen man Mr. T talks to in the WOR interlude?

Kandra can apparently change their mental states at will, if TenSoon is to be used as a standard. Kandra can pretend to be female or male, irregardless of their actual sex. Mrall plays a minor enough role to be unnoticed, but is allowed to determine whether or not Mr. T is fit to rule. Power, secrecy, and access to one of the most powerful men on Roshar? Seems like an ideal spot for a kandra.

That is an interesting thought as well. He does keep his head shaved which is odd, and that quote is very similar to TenSoon. We may be on to something here. Guess I need to read some more!

Kandra can apparently change their mental states at will, if TenSoon is to be used as a standard. Kandra can pretend to be female or male, irregardless of their actual sex. Mrall plays a minor enough role to be unnoticed, but is allowed to determine whether or not Mr. T is fit to rule. Power, secrecy, and access to one of the most powerful men on Roshar? Seems like an ideal spot for a kandra. 

I pity the fool who ignores the Diagram!

I'm thinking Rock. He's very close to Kaladin, likes strange foods and does not like to hurt people. I have not read the entire topic, so I don't know if this theory has been suggested and debunked, but I think it has merit. 

I can't disprove this,  yet it doesn't feel right to me.  Too much of Rocks idiosyncrasies are related to the Horneaters and world building by giving information about them.

I can't disprove this, yet it doesn't feel right to me. Too much of Rocks idiosyncrasies are related to the Horneaters and world building by giving information about them.

I agree, while I can't definitively disprove Rock being a kandra, I feel we have learned too much about his lifestyle and that of the Horneaters and their culture for him to be our WalDo.

But if Rock is a Kandra, his ability to see the Spren seems me a lot of strange.

Unless the "story of the lake and his meeting with the god" is fake. If he is the Kandra, he would probably identificated the "god" when he see him.

I thought most Horneaters could see spren though, or am I mistaken?

Could it possibly be Axies? I mean, he is one of the only characters we see studying Roshar ( besides the two in the tower messin with flame spren). And he seems to have been kinda tossed in with no backstory at all. He got whooped on when we see him wake up in the beggar kings kingdom of crap. Pretty sure he indicated he didnt fight back ( will have to check). Can kandra control "ink" inside their bodies to make "tattoos"? Pretty sure its doable for them. Just a guess.

Edited by The Ninja Yodeler

From the OP:

Unfortunately this idea gives us little indication of where we might find the kandra. Possibly Yolen, where it all began, or Roshar, a place of major Shardic interactions? Sel could also be a potential kandra destination.

It seems that everyone is caught up on finding the kandra on Roshar. Unless there is a WoB out there saying that the kandra worldhopper is currently on Roshar, why would we assume it's just a character there? Maybe our kandra worldhopper has been seen on other planets as well. 

Also, we know there are multiple kandra worldhoppers. As a result I'd bet we've seen them on other planets besides Roshar. 

From the San Jose/Menlo Park SoS Signing:

Q: Is OreSeur… is a member of the same species a worldjumper?

A: Yes, there are several kandra who are worldhoppers.They are usually homebodies, but there are some who have gone off.

I'm sure this has also been said before, but as a reminder the kandra(s) have taken both male and female forms, so we should also consider female characters.

NEWAN

Ooh. When the kandra worldhopper is off-world, er off-Scadrial, does she take the form of a human female?

BRANDON SANDERSON (PARAPHRASED)

Not all of the time.

source

I feel at this point, though, it's moot to speculate without any evidence for any one character. Unless some of you fine sleuths CAN find evidence for a given character.

Edited by Titan Arum

Everyone is looking at Roshar because it follows AoL directly. Warbreaker is around there too, probably before AoL so those look the most likely. Also, We're Sharders! Do you honestly expect us to not speculate on who could be kandra just because there is scant evidence? We might not find them soon, but the fact that Brandon said there was one on page means that its possible for us to find. 

Everyone is looking at Roshar because it follows AoL directly. Warbreaker is around there too, probably before AoL so those look the most likely. Also, We're Sharders! Do you honestly expect us to not speculate on who could be kandra just because there is scant evidence? We might not find them soon, but the fact that Brandon said there was one on page means that its possible for us to find. 

That's a fair point with regards to Roshar and Warbreaker. I feel like we should look at characters on Nalthis more because we have precedence for a Scadrian there with the Terriswoman. 

It just occurred to me that it would be VERY easy for a kandra to infiltrate the War Camps with the plethora of available bodies in the chasm that the kandra can use without murdering anybody. Do we have evidence of any Bridge Four members who are missing/unaccounted for at times? I feel like it would be easy for one of Bridge Four to be a kandra, stash a body from the chasms somewhere, and change bodies every once and awhile to infiltrate other war camps to spy or do whatever kandra do. 

Also, don't get me wrong, I love speculation as much as the next guy, but I like to present speculation with hints (of the tin foil hat variety OR realistic) from the text instead of dropping random names without much thought behind it. Granted, that's just my personal preference. 

Some have speculated Drehy as being a terrismen, which could very well mean he's a kandra, the other is Gaz, but I lean towards him not being a kandra. I haven't read the books in some time so I can't think of any other bridge four members besides rock off the top of my head. And I don't think rock is our suspect.