Where's WalDo: The Kandra Worldhopper

Kobold King

WalDo does not have to be on Roshar, as some people seem to think is the only option. She could have been in any of the cosmere stories. Even Elantris.

Yes, Brandon said that she is an agent of Sazed, but that doesn't mean she was his agent at the time we saw her on a different world.

Ok, I looked through the Theoryland Database and couldn't find a tag for Nazh. I looked through the worldhoppers tag and and didn't see anything Nazh related. 

So here goes. Do we know which planet he is from? He is part of the 17th Shard but maybe Sazed wanted him to spy on the 17th Shard while gaining intel on the cosmere. Could he be the Kandra spy?

Ok, I looked through the Theoryland Database and couldn't find a tag for Nazh. I looked through the worldhoppers tag and and didn't see anything Nazh related. 

So here goes. Do we know which planet he is from? He is part of the 17th Shard but maybe Sazed wanted him to spy on the 17th Shard while gaining intel on the cosmere. Could he be the Kandra spy?

He's from Threnody (planet in Shadows for Silence...).

WalDo does not have to be on Roshar, as some people seem to think is the only option. She could have been in any of the cosmere stories. Even Elantris.

Yes, Brandon said that she is an agent of Sazed, but that doesn't mean she was his agent at the time we saw her on a different world.

I guess it's time for another Cosmere reread. I was feeling the itch anyway after SoS.

I'm going through WoK with a fine tooth comb right now. Been overdue for a reread.

I haven't actually reread WoR yet even though it was my favourite book. I am a bad Sanderfan...

There are probably tons of worldhoppers that we haven't even noticed yet. Brandon has said that we've seen Rosharan worldhoppers out there, but I don't think we've picked any out yet. These little puzzles are fun though.

Edited by Khyrindor

I was wrong about Warbreaker. It happens after Mistborn I, not before. But the kandra could not have appeared in Elantris because that happened about 6000 years before the Way of Kings prologue...they didn't exist yet. Which eliminates any worldhopping or mission to another planet under TLR's auspices.

No, he has explicitly said that it takes place after Stormlight 5, at the very least, it could be later:

(source)

I had not seen this one. Brings into question about the time gap between era 1 and Sa, seeing as Thinker has an appearance. If era 2/SoS does happen after SA part one then Saze must have been active Cosmere-wise a fair bit post-ascension Edited by ParadoxSpren

• 4 weeks later...

As far as we know. Maybe I'm wrong on this--but have we seen any Aimians besides the one? Can they actually change their physiology? Or is Sanderson maybe hiding our kandra in plain sight?

The backward shadow stumps me--but I'm confused by that regardless of whether someone is a kandra

Actually it's not Iyatil. WoB says we haven't seen her world yet.

Can anyone find the quote? Iyatil isnt't a tag in the twg.

Edit: Found it.

QUESTION (PARAPHRASED)
Is Mraize a worldhopper?
BRANDON SANDERSON (PARAPHRASED)

Yes, he's been to a few planets, highly supervised by his babsk.

QUESTION (PARAPHRASED)

So what planet is she [Iyatil] from?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Well, that's kind of a hard thing to say. She has three planets she's "from". For example, she's living now on Roshar, but then she's from a different planet, but that's not the planet that her people are from.

QUESTION (PARAPHRASED)

So there was a mass exodus to that planet?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Not exactly. If you were to find a Japanese American, where would they say that they are from? Her people did not have a mass exodus.

QUESTION (PARAPHRASED)

Have we seen mass exoduses before?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes, there are some in the cosmere. There's a mass exodus that is mentioned in one of the interludes in The Way of Kings.

So I suppose if the planet her people were from is Scadrial, it would be possible that she is a kandra. However, the one we're looking for is supposed to be an agent of Harmony, correct? I doubt Iyatil could be an agent of Harmony if she was born on another planet.

Personally, I think the best candidate is actually MeLaan.

Edited by Khyrindor

So MeLaan is somewhere in a non-mistborn book then.

I think we're back to square one... *sighs*

Iyatil was such a good suspect too. MeLaan would be much, MUCH harder to spot because her behavior (at least in SoS) is rather erratic for a kandra.

Edited by iBambam

Wayne would make a spectacular Worldhopper! He's already a master of disguise and I can only imagine the mischief he would cause "trading" with people all throughout the Cosmere  :lol:

I don't know,  I think if he tried to trade some whiskey for Shardplate poor Wayne would end up with rapidly depleted metalminds. 

I don't remember where it is, and I don't know how to quote from my phone, but we have WoB saying that Iyatil was born on one world, but that it is not the world her people are from, so unless we've got kandra being born off of Scadrial, she seems unlikely to me.

See my post above  :)

As far as we know. Maybe I'm wrong on this--but have we seen any Aimians besides the one? Can they actually change their physiology? Or is Sanderson maybe hiding our kandra in plain sight?

The backward shadow stumps me--but I'm confused by that regardless of whether someone is a kandra

Yes there are other Aimiens. When Rysn when to the island which was actually a great shell, she saw one hanging head down on a tree.