How does "The Sovereign" work?

Ataraxian Wist

Question

Do we currently know exactly how Kelsier's Cognitive Shadow got "anchored" to the Physical Realm? I know he became the Sovereign, but do we have the information about the Realmatics and Hemalurgic reasoning behind it? How did it work?

In a nutshell, how is Hemalurgy used to anchor Cognitive Shadows to a physical host?

3 answers to this question

We don't have any explanation but I don't think it is even necessary. Afrer all hemalurgy works by attaching a piece of soul to another entity. If the same piece of soul is attached to two entitys (Like ghost and an empty body), it could easilly work as some sotr of bridge. Moreover Hemalurgy twists the bodies of its users to make suplement damages caused by it, liike Inquistor spikes in their brain - it could easilly be a case of planned overcorrection. It also is capable of drastically changing souls and bodies - I belive it is implied that it is possible to create Kandra with only Hemalurgy from human if you know what you are doing, and if Kandra are doable then there is REALLY much that can be done in the "right" hands.

No, we don't. 

The most information we have at this time, to my knowledge, was given in answer to a question that doesn't even have to do with the "how." 

Questioner

In Bands of Mourning, we learned that the Sovereign, who they confused as being the Lord Ruler, came after the Catacendre. [He] was their god, was their king and god. And then Kelsier looking for a string. Is the spike somehow connecting Kelsier's soul to Spook's body.

Brandon Sanderson

No, good question. It is connecting his soul with his body, his current body, but it is not Spook's body. That's a great theory.

source

That confirms that the eye spike is anchoring Kel into his current body, but anything delving into the mechanics of how, including one's that were just trying to ask what slipped here, have been RAFO's. 

Edited by Calderis