Briar King

The book I bought today is

215 posts in this topic

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. I love the premise of hyper advanced civilizations, especially when we get to learn how they came about.

The Throne of Glass. I am not that huge fan of Sarah Mass but her books somehow soothe my bad mood. At least that was the case with the Courts. I am in love/hate relationship with her books.

The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter. I've heard such good things about this book, and I'm so excited to start it.

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. I absolutely loved the First Law Trilogy up until the end of the third book. Despite having read ASOIAF, I was not prepared for how depressing the ending was. However, after cooling off for a year, I'm ready to try his works again, now that I'm hopefully emotionally prepared for grimdark.

I was out of town this weekend so I went to the Barnes and Noble store to mostly see if they had Star Wars Master and Apprentice for paperback yet. They didnt.

But I did buy Star War Fate of the Jedi: Omen and the Phasma novel. 

30 minutes ago, urrutiap said:

Star War Fate of the Jedi: Omen

Good book.

8 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. I absolutely loved the First Law Trilogy up until the end of the third book. Despite having read ASOIAF, I was not prepared for how depressing the ending was. However, after cooling off for a year, I'm ready to try his works again, now that I'm hopefully emotionally prepared for grimdark.

You’ve read his three Stand alones right? There is some important stuff going on that you may be lost on if you haven’t. I currently listening to the book now.

I dunno if its just me that notices this, but i swear the Star Wars Force Awakens novel and the Phasma novel sure do get bought up alot from time to time at Barnes and Noble stores

The last books I bought are the first three volumes of Naomi Novik's Temeraire series in one ebook. I felt like rereading the series again, this time in English.

Bought the digital versions of Way of Kings and Skyward, as well as the audio book of Skyward.  Gonna start listening to it while I work in a couple hours!

Blood of Empire by Brian McClellan - - actually bought it yesterday on release day. It's the 6th Powder Mage novel, & the final book in the "Gods of Blood and Powder" trilogy. On Brandon's blog, his assistants Adam & Isaac just posted about it, so it seems I'm in good company.:) I'm looking forward to more Mad Ben Styke and his Mad Lancers! "Ride, lancers, ride!"

On 10/7/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ammanas said:

You’ve read his three Stand alones right? There is some important stuff going on that you may be lost on if you haven’t. I currently listening to the book now

How did this message slip past my radar? Well better 2 months late than never. Unfortunately, I haven’t read the independent books. I actually didn’t realize there were any until I finished A Little Hatred and went on reddit to look at discussions about it. I feel bad for missing so much, especially because people seem to love Shivers, but I didn’t even know he was an established character. I’m sure there’s a lot else I missed too. :(

Edited by Ooklidean Geometry

I got Warriors of the Altaii by Robert Jordan and Side Jobs by Jim Butcher. I plan to read Side Jobs when each story takes place when I do the other books so I’ll be picking this book up a few times.

I managed to pick up His Dark Materials, Northern Lights Book 1 by Philip Pullman because the tv series just fascinates me!