The book I bought today is

I wasn't expecting to buy a book today, but my library had a sale on random fantasy novels today, and I couldn't help myself. I saw a bunch of malazaan books, but I never finished book 2, so I decided not to get them. I did buy the Earthsea trilogy by Ursula Leguin though, because I've seen it mentioned here so often. 

I bought a Hardback copy of The Shadows of What Was Lost by James Islington. My husband and I listened to the audiobook of it and I had to get a hardcopy. Great new fantasy, the second book will be coming out in June. If you love Brandon (which you obviously must), this book will be right up your alley. Also the audiobook is read by Michael Kramer!!!

8 hours ago, BranSanFan said:

I bought a Hardback copy of The Shadows of What Was Lost by James Islington. My husband and I listened to the audiobook of it and I had to get a hardcopy. Great new fantasy, the second book will be coming out in June. If you love Brandon (which you obviously must), this book will be right up your alley. Also the audiobook is read by Michael Kramer!!!

Is it a trilogy, ongoing series, or something longer?  Thanks!

14 hours ago, Sunbird said:

It hasn't arrived yet, but I ordered the latest from Dan Wells, Ones and Zeroes, so I can get it signed at LTUE this weekend. :D

Didn't know what that was, so I looked it up. Now I am grinning the grin of a happy book nerd. :D

I picked up the first one at LTUE last year; we'll have to see if I can do the same with this one. I'll definitely be bringing my other unsigned Wells books though.

Edited by Slowswift

On 2/16/2017 at 10:25 AM, BranSanFan said:

I believe it will be a trilogy. Super great. He was inspired by Brandon Sanderson and you can definitely see his influence in a good way. 

Big thanks!  The reviews for Book 1 are pretty amazing.  Also, Amazon lists it as "The Licanius Trilogy", but that can be expanded with another story arc/trilogy at any time.  I'm going to check it out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im quite pleased with buying Kings Dark Tidings by Kel Kade. It's so hard to find a decent Anti-Hero these days and the Author is Self Pulished, so it's a nice :)

Loved  The Licanius Trilogy. Michael Kramer is awesome, i swear who needs Morgan Freeman to narrate their lives when you have Kramer. 

• 2 months later...
On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 10:41 AM, AerionBFII said:

Im quite pleased with buying Kings Dark Tidings by Kel Kade. It's so hard to find a decent Anti-Hero these days and the Author is Self Pulished, so it's a nice :)

Just finished both of Kel Kades books. I feel like I enjoyed these way more than I should have. The main character is a unstoppable juggernaut and every woman wants him and every man wants to be him. Most of the books consist of characters complimenting Rezkin. I don't care though. The narrator was fantastic and it was just a really fun story. Can't wait for book 3.

8 hours ago, Ammanas said:

Just finished both of Kel Kades books. I feel like I enjoyed these way more than I should have. The main character is a unstoppable juggernaut and every woman wants him and every man wants to be him. Most of the books consist of characters complimenting Rezkin. I don't care though. The narrator was fantastic and it was just a really fun story. Can't wait for book 3.

THANK YOU!!! That is exactly how i feel!! Hahaha we do enjoy this way way way more than we should XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it considered a necro to revive a topic that's only on the second page?

Cause I'm doing it.

Went to two book signings tonight and picked up the 6th and final John Cleaver book by Dan Wells, as well as Dark Immolation, Christopher Husberg's 2nd novel and the sequel to Duskfall.

• 3 months later...

Was in BAM today to find Butcher’s Side Jobs(go figure, they didn’t have it. What’s new....) and I stumbled across Fall of Light hardcover in the discount section. I was both fearful and happy. 1st Erikson I have ever seen in the bargain section but I wasn’t gonna pass it up at $6.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, Briar King said:

Was in BAM today to find Butcher’s Side Jobs(go figure, they didn’t have it. What’s new....) and I stumbled across Fall of Light hardcover in the discount section. I was both fearful and happy. 1st Erikson I have ever seen in the bargain section but I wasn’t gonna pass it up at $6.

2 hours ago, Briar King said:

Was reckless today and bought both Ken Liu books.

I have all these on my shelf waiting for their turn. It's gonna be a good winter. 

• 1 month later...

I went in expecting to get one book. I walked away with four. Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Star Wars: Moving Target, a compilation with Star Wars: A New Dawn and Tarkin along with three short stories and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Library Edition Volume 1.

I'm kind of on a Star Wars binge lately. I wanted to get one book only because of the signing at Murder By the Book since I plan to binge buy while there.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:23 PM, Draginon said:

I went in expecting to get one book. I walked away with four. Star Wars: Splinter of the Mind's Eye, Star Wars: Moving Target, a compilation with Star Wars: A New Dawn and Tarkin along with three short stories and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Library Edition Volume 1.

I'm kind of on a Star Wars binge lately. I wanted to get one book only because of the signing at Murder By the Book since I plan to binge buy while there.

That’s a lot of Star Wars, I think I’ve only ever read one Star Wars book: Darth Bane, and I don’t remember anything about it.

I ordered the second book in the Wheel of Time the other day, should arrive today though it will be put down for Oathbringer.

23 minutes ago, Stampede said:

That’s a lot of Star Wars, I think I’ve only ever read one Star Wars book: Darth Bane, and I don’t remember anything about it.

I ordered the second book in the Wheel of Time the other day, should arrive today though it will be put down for Oathbringer.

I used to have one of the Jedi Quest books when I was little, this was around the time Episode 1 came out, but I never really got into the EU since the movies were all that interested me for years. Now with them using the books and comics to explain stuff happening in the movies (the Aftermath trilogy explaining what happened right after 6 and the Before the Awakening showing what Rey and Finn were doing before 7) I'm getting interested now. Even the Legends line is interesting to me now with it not continuing now. I do hope that every single pre-Disney story gets the Legends banner on it since some, like The Last Jedi (ain't that confusing?), aren't yet folded in yet. At least Marvel's getting the comics taken care of with the Epic Collections.