Bautax

Ferruchemy and hemalurgy interactions

Question

What would happen if a ferruchemist or ferring got a spike containing a ferruchemichal ability (in the ferring's case it would contain his ability).

Would it improve the storing capabilities making it no longer end neutral? Or would it have another effect

3 answers to this question

I doubt it would no longer make it end neutral. Most likely, it would simply strengthen the feruchemist's ability to use feruchemy - similar to how a mistborn burning lerasium only increases their strength.

I don't think that it's been directly answered, but the main theory I've seen is that it would improve your store/tap rate (similar to duralumin).  So it would still be end-neutral (i.e. you'd still get out what you'd put in), but you'd be able to do it faster.  

It's also speculated that instinctive control over the power would be improved. IE: they could more precisely control their store/tap rate to meet their needs with less focus. Another theory, that has been RAFO'd as I recall, is that selective storing/tapping could become possible with great enough skill/power in feruchemy. For example, storing sight from only one eye or tapping strength in only one arm.