Cosmere Easter Egg Round Up

AerionBFII

A Kandra worldhopper? Yeah, about the best you can do with that is quite literally say "Probably looks human." Bit vague, what?

Maybe the Rhysadium are all really just Kandras? :huh:

Edited by Aether

Maybe the Rhysadium are all really just Kandras?

Crazy thoery but I doubt its plausible.. knowing how they choose certain masters only, quite the opposite of kandra- and dont listen very well when put with other people. As well seeing how they can be killed-unlike  kandra in mistborn which are very difficult to kill...

theory for kandra worldhopper - Elokar Wife back home in the capital- they say her behavior is growing erratic and she seems just like the perfect firgurehead to be replaced.

Hmmm.... If only there was a cosmere wiki... ;)

In all seriousness I could see the value of having a section on book pages for cosmere easter eggs.

Your faith is most unflattering :P obviously I was referring to making a specific page in the existing wiki dedicated to Easter eggs.

• 3 months later...

He's really more of the Easter BunnyBeagle....

Fixed that for you. ;)

Maybe it's too obvious to count as an Easter Egg, but Mistborn gives us the first mention of Adonalsium and hints at the 16 shards.

And, if we're counting this, there's a slew between Misborn and AoL.

I believe in Elantris there is a painting or mural of the Shardpool that has it surrounded by a gateway, or something of that nature. Then we have Hoid popping out of the (probably) Shardpool in the Horneater mountains. Worldhopping Easter Eggs?

Not sure if this is by accident or design, but there's a street in WoA called "Kenton Street" and Kenton is the name of the male protagonist from White Sand.

My dads name is Kenton, so reading a book with the main charterer named Kenton is going to be weird.

Edited by Atilium

Plus the Billion Worldhoppers 'hopping' around.

You guys catch the two from Whitesand in the Stormlight Archive?

There's a bridgeman in TWoK that says, "By the color's bright rays!" I am pretty sure he dies before the end of the book. There is a good chance he was from Elantris.

Another Easter Egg that not everyone notices is Nazh. This man's name, leaving notes for some mysterious colleague, can be found on several art pages in Stormlight, as well as on the map of Elendel in The Alloy of Law. Current consensus is that Nazh is another worldhopper.

We have confirmation from Brandon that Nazh is from Threnody (Shadows for Silence)

A pretty well known one that doesn't seem to have come up is that Raoden and Galloden are on Roshar and are present when Szeth assassinates Gavilar

Umm, do you have proof for that?  Because I've never seen anything about that.  We know Galladon is in the Ishikk interlude but we don't have anything about the assassination (and we don't have anything on Raoden worldhopping).

Umm, do you have proof for that?  Because I've never seen anything about that.  We know Galladon is in the Ishikk interlude but we don't have anything about the assassination (and we don't have anything on Raoden worldhopping).

It was in a Brandon Q&A, I'll see if I can hunt it down

Fixed that for you. ;)

Maybe it's too obvious to count as an Easter Egg, but Mistborn gives us the first mention of Adonalsium and hints at the 16 shards.

And, if we're counting this, there's a slew between Misborn and AoL.

I just noticed this from rereading the epigraphs in HoA, but Sazed spells it "Adonasium" without the "L." Typo, or intentional?

I just noticed this from rereading the epigraphs in HoA, but Sazed spells it "Adonasium" without the "L." Typo, or intentional?

I'd imagine that Sazed, a Scadrian, would use a different writing system than Yolish or Rosharan individuals.

But probably a typo, unless Mr. Sanderson delves even deeper into his worldbuilding than I thought. :P

• 3 months later...

I am going to throw this out as a theory....

Anyone thought the Terriswoman Worldhopper is actually Khriss?

For those of you who know WS - she is in a position of power, intelligent and values knowledge...

She is proposed to be the author of the AA - 

Terrisfolk are preservers of knowledge, and Demoux's girlfriend is a member of the city government

Terris are generally quite dark skinned from what I recall (been a long time since I read Mistborn), and Khriss is dark skinned as well.

First of, the skin color of the Terris people is never described, and they're not that distinctive from the skaa and Nobles. (Case in point, Rashek).

That said, it's safe to say this is a definitive no.  Khriss is from Taldain, not Scadrial.

• 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned this in other threads...but there is a minor character in Final Empire named Felt who is a spy.  There is a minor character in Word of Radiance name Felt who is a scout.  I'm not sure if this is important or not but....Easter Egg?

• 1 month later...

Now I know that double posting is frowned upon...but come on...this thread died more than a month ago...AND IT SHOULD NOT HAVE! I'm going to try and bring this thing back with a very minor and almost totally irrelevant Easter egg...in final empire...on Vin's first night of training...she burns iron without knowing what she is doing, and a nail flys at her...almost catching her in the face...she thinks to herself...(paraphrasing) one of the metals let's you animate inanimate objects to attack people? What an incredible power!

I noticed this on my first reread or mistborn AFTER reading warbreaker...I thought it was very clever.

• Chaos locked this topic