YOUR type IV BioChromatic entity.

Ink

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of want to explore this.

We know that the creation of Nightblood was incredibly complex, but if we thought about it...

Nightblood can: Induce sickness/vomiting (on good people), induce blood lust (on bad people), suck out investiture and life force, and destroy all things physical, cognitive, and spiritual (storming love the Coppermind).

So how would you create a more powerful weapon? As a basic rule it would need a rusting amount of Breaths to be powerful enough.

In the Nighterwatcher Boon/Bane Game I was granted a weapon that seems to have similar but also opposite effects. It heals wounds, but is powered by the lives killed of others (this is a simplification).

I really liked this idea, so... using a steel sword, one could Command: "Heal", while visualizing wounds closing, etc..

And hopefully it would not require killing, just investiture. It probably still wouldn't beat Nightblood though...

Maybe the Command "Protect me" could do it. Or just "Protect", "Protect good".

Well, I enjoyed our time together, thinking of ways to cheat the system. Have a good day.

PS: It would be easier to awaken a stick because it was once living, but harder because it doesn't really look like a human. It would be a type III BioChromatic entity.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Crazy said:

I kind of want to explore this.

We know that the creation of Nightblood was incredibly complex, but if we thought about it...

Nightblood can: Induce sickness/vomiting (on good people), induce blood lust (on bad people), suck out investiture and life force, and destroy all things physical, cognitive, and spiritual (storming love the Coppermind).

So how would you create a more powerful weapon? As a basic rule it would need a rusting amount of Breaths to be powerful enough.

In the Nighterwatcher Boon/Bane Game I was granted a weapon that seems to have similar but also opposite effects. It heals wounds, but is powered by the lives killed of others (this is a simplification).

I really liked this idea, so... using a steel sword, one could Command: "Heal", while visualizing wounds closing, etc..

And hopefully it would not require killing, just investiture. It probably still wouldn't beat Nightblood though...

Maybe the Command "Protect me" could do it. Or just "Protect", "Protect good".

Thanks for the shout-out :D

On 12/9/2019 at 7:25 AM, Honorless said:

Pluck out someone'e eyeballs and give them the Command, "Be as my eyes and show me things".

On 9/28/2019 at 5:27 AM, Dancer said:

Sunglasses: "see things in all wavelengths" 

I'm pretty sure this type of Awakening requires inorganic materials and a short command to keep Investiture cost down.  As such...

I'd combine these concepts by Awakening a flying drone that is bionically wired to receive visual signals from the eyes of a mantis shrimp (for range of light spectrum) and an eagle (for distance of vision), audio signals from the ears of a bat (duh), and olfactory signals from the nose of a dog or pig (also duh), and I'd use the words "Augment Me".

The hope is that I would be bonded to the drone such that I can control it telepathically and that it doesn't have to "report" and I just get the sensory information in real time.  Being able to see through the eyes of a mantis shrimp could open a whole new world of potential colors to exploit for Awakening too (though it could be that this color spectrum is already being used for Awakening and we just don't see it), and all of the other boons are pretty obvious.  Hoping for a potential side effect of the drone being able to run off of my Investiture.

Edited by StarrFall

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, SwordNimiForPresident said:

A magnet. “Rotate”.

place inside copper coil for perpetual energy generator.

Okay, this is brilliant.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:08 AM, Nameless said:

A stick cannot be a type IV, as it was once alive. Type IVs are made out of metal, or some material that was never alive.

Thank you for pointing that out. Same goes for scarves, unless we assume they are polyester or something.

Personally, though... A computer: Find memes. Or something more... Practical. Like "run games." Boom. Magical computer that would run even the largest of games flawlessly. And talk to me. It would likely be quite funny.

A WiFi router with the command "extend indefinitely." I mean, seriously. Ya'll are thinking too small. Internet EVERYWHERE?! Yes please!

Though in a Cosmere setting, I'd give a lamelle the Command "sing with me." Because that would be AWESOME.

4 hours ago, Sazedezas said:

Personally, though... A computer: Find memes. Or something more... Practical. Like "run games." Boom. Magical computer that would run even the largest of games flawlessly. And talk to me. It would likely be quite funny.

A WiFi router with the command "extend indefinitely." I mean, seriously. Ya'll are thinking too small. Internet EVERYWHERE?! Yes please!

Though in a Cosmere setting, I'd give a lamelle the Command "sing with me." Because that would be AWESOME.

I think the biggest problem with these commands is how general they are, and how difficult it would be to conceptualize what they do.

For the computer you would be better off connecting a piece of metal to input and output buses with extremely high bandwidths. Then command the metal piece to "Do Math" while imagining the logical processes involved in semiconductor processors, except at a much higher speed like yotahertz or something. This should get you a logic processor that doesn't get hot and operates several orders of magnitude faster than a standard semiconductor processor.

The infinite wifi would be very tough. You can't actually visualize what needs to happen, because the radio waves in question aren't capable of carrying the signal that far. This means that the signal would need to be regenerated from multiple points that do not originate at the type IV. You could probably set up a transmitter and receiver that communicate through the Cognitive realm though. It's flat nature would eliminate the problem of line of sight created by the spherical shape of planets.

edit: grammar

Edited by SwordNimiForPresident

17 hours ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

I think the biggest problem with these commands is how general they are, and how difficult it would be to conceptualize what they do.

For the computer you would be better off connecting a piece of metal to input and output buses with extremely high bandwidths. Then command the metal piece to "Do Math" while imagining the logical processes involved in semiconductor processors, except at a much higher speed like yotahertz or something. This should get you a logic processor that doesn't get hot and operates several orders of magnitude faster than a standard semiconductor processor.

The infinite wifi would be very tough. You can't actually visualize what needs to happen, because the radio waves in question aren't capable of carrying the signal that far. This means that the signal would need to be regenerated from multiple points that do not originate at the type IV. You could probably set up a transmitter and receiver that communicate through the Cognitive realm though. It's flat nature would eliminate the problem of line of sight created by the spherical shape of planets.

edit: grammar

Well, Nightblood's command was pretty general. I mean, it didn't work exactly as planned, but... It worked. He just forgot to define evil. Though I guess those would be better methods, the best one for a infinite WiFi would probably be the command "grant internet" to, say, a literal star. It already sends out some serious radiation, bu now that radiation doubles as WiFi. That's some pretty serious stuff. Any rotating planets that revolve around said sun might have issues with the umbral shadow, but if you did it to, say, two stars, you could get that angles right so that most people on most (nearby) worlds have solid connection most of the time. Some worlds would not get that WiFi for a few lightyears, but hey, by then they might have actually developed the technology to use it. Or become extinct. Eh.

The lamelle is a solid concept, though.

5 minutes ago, Sazedezas said:

Well, Nightblood's command was pretty general. I mean, it didn't work exactly as planned, but... It worked. He just forgot to define evil. Though I guess those would be better methods, the best one for a infinite WiFi would probably be the command "grant internet" to, say, a literal star. It already sends out some serious radiation, bu now that radiation doubles as WiFi. That's some pretty serious stuff. Any rotating planets that revolve around said sun might have issues with the umbral shadow, but if you did it to, say, two stars, you could get that angles right so that most people on most (nearby) worlds have solid connection most of the time. Some worlds would not get that WiFi for a few lightyears, but hey, by then they might have actually developed the technology to use it. Or become extinct. Eh.

The lamelle is a solid concept, though.

Imagine trying to play online games with that connection. Everyone would be running with a few minutes to a few hours  of lag depending on how far away the star is from the planet or space station.

2 minutes ago, SwordNimiForPresident said:

Imagine trying to play online games with that connection. Everyone would be running with a few minutes to a few hours  of lag depending on how far away the star is from the planet or space station.

That's a very good point. And a very funny thought.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2018 at 2:12 PM, Iridium Savant said:

When Nightblood was created it was an attempt to imitate a shardblade

NIGHTBLOOD MADE OF A SHARDBLADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awakening a shardblade to imitate a shardblade... Ridiculous, redundant, and, quite possibly, utterly stupid. 

Edited by Enter a username