Mistborn Fanfic Advice: Godmetal Properties?

Okay so I'm considering doing a possible Cosmere fanfiction project set on Scadrial during the Wax&Wayne period. Mostly because I like the aesthetic and the way the planet's not only slowly industrializing but also slowly integrating with the wider Cosmere (interference by foreign Shards etc.). One thing I want to do is do something with other Shards having "agents" on Scadrial, able to use their Shard's godmetal as either Mistings or Ferrings. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for godmetal properties that fit the Shard's Intent while also seeming like a natural extension of Allomancy/Feruchemy. I do have a few ideas, but I'm not sure if they make sense in-context. Raysium was the easiest so far; I sort of based its properties on what we've seen of Odium in Oathbringer:

Raysium (Odium)

• A-Raysium: Can drain the emotions of others nearby to increase the raysium Misting's physical abilities (sort of a vampiric Brass/Pewter hybrid from Hell). A raysium Misting would be called a Voidworm.
  • F-Raysium: A raysiummind stores the emotions of the raysium Ferring (echoes of how Odium seems to "feed" on emotions, "give me your pain," etc.) A raysium Ferring would be called a Voidheart.
  • A raysium Twinborn would, of course, be called a Voidbringer.
  • H-Raysium: Spike steals "cognitive shadow" of the target, which then takes control of the recipient (echoes of voidspren possession/Moash's fancy knife minus gemstone)

"Trellium"/Bavadinium (Autonomy) [DISCLAIMER: I still have serious doubts about whether Autonomy really is "Trell," but for this prospective fic I'm rolling with it]

• A-Bavadinium: [No idea. Maybe burning Trellium "splits" your mind into different parts, letting you mentally multitask or use them as "parallel processors?" Echoes of F-Zinc and Autonomy's avatars?]
  • F-Bavadinium: [No idea. Maybe something to do with the trellium Ferring's personal friction? Autonomy as ease-of-movement? I feel like I'm reaching here.]
  • H-Bavadinium: Spike can steal any innate trait (strength/senses/intelligence/emotional fortitude), sort of like a "universal spike" for kandra Blessings that's also invisible to other Shards

Edglium (Endowment)

• A-Edglium: [Burning edglium to convert it into Breath sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it fits thematically. The idea being it wouldn't grant knowledge of Awakening, but a bead of it would give the edglium Misting a certain number of Breaths based on the amount burned. Could take or leave this one.] 
  • F-Edglium: [No idea at all.]
  • H-Edglium: [I kind of like the idea of an Edglium spike leaving the victim alive, but spiking away their Breaths. Still, I'm really on the fence about how Awakening-centric edglium seems here.]

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist

This is an awesome idea. Thanks for letting me run with it a bit down here!

Tanavastium (Honor)

• A-Tanavastium: [Burning it "binds" you to others that you focus on, almost creating a Nahel Bond of sorts, for the duration of your burning--kind of like a-Steel and a-Iron, but with people, and Spiritually instead of Physically. It not only allows you to speak the same language, but also to hear each other despite interference (soundproofed wall, or loud noises, and may bring behavior closer in line to yours if flared.]
  • F-Tanavastium: [Stores Investiture, much like bendalloy stores nutrition and fluids (though I think it's more like blood sugar (and nutrients within it) and hydration); if you tap, you become Invested. If you don't have the Innate Investiture to use the Investiture (if you're only able to let it flow through you, like Rosharans (and maybe Scadrians?) can conduct Stormlight in a way), this is mostly just a battery until you get to the proper fabrial or something.]
  • H-Tanavastium: [Traps the entire Cognitive Identity within the spike, and transfers it to the spikee. Kind of like Transistor, if I've got the lore right (I've never played it, just read the summary of the game)--storing people's minds, so if you've got to lose some weight, just take the other passenger(s) along in a spike.]
Edited by Walin
Forgot to give credit where it was due

I like your ideas, but F-Nicrosil already stores Investiture. Or are you referring to kinetic Investiture (Stormlight, Voidlight, BioChroma) instead of innate Investiture (sDNA)? And your H-Tanavastium is kind of what I was intending with H-Raysium.

Maybe H-Tanavastium is just an Honorblade :P 

What about Aonium/Skaium?

"Trellium"/Bavadinium (Autonomy) [DISCLAIMER: I still have serious doubts about whether Autonomy really is "Trell," but for this prospective fic I'm rolling with it]

• A-Bavadinium: [Turns you invisible in the Physical Realm]
  • F-Bavadinium: [While storing renders your cognitive shadow invisible (like the Aviar), and while tapping makes it impossible to ignore (if enough tapped, would be able to be senses in the physical realm]
  • H-Bavadinium: Spike can steal any innate trait (strength/senses/intelligence/emotional fortitude), sort of like a "universal spike" for kandra Blessings that's also invisible to other Shards
Edited by Ark1002
Wrong shard...

I was intending on Kinetic Investiture for F-Tanavastium, so you can store Stormlight, Breaths, or AonDor in a Tanavastium-mind. And the Hemalurgic property is the same as Raysium, except without taking control--it more just keeps the cognitive shadow in stasis, and once stabbed makes the shadow return to the Cognitive Realm, but bound to the recipient of the spike.

Spoiler

I screwed up formatting and I don't know how to remove a spoiler tag

SPOILERS FOR WARBREAKER AND MINOR OATHBRINGER SPOILERS:

Spoiler

ENDOWMENT:

Allomancy: burning Edglium and another metal at the same time allows you to confer the power of the metal burnt to that person... like nicroboosting but it gives the power to the recipient... as in like you burn Edglium and pewter for ten minutes, and create a pewter misting with ten minutes worth of pewter. NOTE: this ability can only be used for the ten minutes it is in effect for. called an "Endower"

Feruchemy: storing Eglium give you a temporary inability to express your emotions, while tapping Edglium grants you a Returned-like ability to change form to your spiritual ideal, i.e Vasher can appear as a normal human or have the "godlike" form of a Returned. useful for spying, disguise, and such, if you can learn to manipulate it, otherwise it would mostly manifest similarly to the Royal Locks. an Edglium misting is called a "willshaper"  (kind of a stretch, and the name is tentative, but I like the idea of radiant names appearing elsewhere... maybe this is too similar to gold?)

Hemalurgy... I don't really have any ideas here

TANAVASTIUM:

Hemalurgy: steals connection, i.e stealing a nahel bond.

Cultivationium.... (I don't remember if we know her name.)

Feruchemy: (this is pretty much a stupid idea but I thought I'd throw it out there) storing Cultium(abbreviation) gives you a nightwatcher type curse, and tapping gives you a boon which relates to the curse. (the boon/curse is the same everytime you store, regardless of metalmind, but it does not have to be the same between ferrings, and it would probably be like "the boon you would choose if you could ask the nightwatcher for one)(abilities would have to be internal, so like the boon could not be wealth)

Edited by kuiinteth of isaana
changed spoiler rating

22 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

F-Bavadinium: [While storing renders your cognitive shadow invisible (like the Aviar), and while tapping makes it impossible to ignore (if enough tapped, would be able to be senses in the physical realm

I kind of like this idea. Riffing off it, what if F-Bavadinium stored the Ferring's entire presence in the Cognitive Ream? Storing shifts one closer to the Physical Realm, while tapping the bavadiniummind shifts the Ferring's physical body closer to the Cognitive (like Lift being able to touch spren). Maybe a bavadinium Twinborn could use Compounding to shift over to the Cognitive Realm completely, like the Surge of Transportation?

• 2 weeks later...

Cultivation’s Metal:

Allomantic: Grants you the ability to manipulate flora - think Poison Ivy. (Plant life; strongly associated with Cultivation.)

Feruchemy: Stores Learning. while storing it becomes difficult to master new skills. When tapping new skills are learned quickly. (Cultivating the mind an body.)

Hemalurgy: steals reproductive ability. Someone spiked with this will have unusually skilled, beautiful children. If the parent has access to allomancy, Feruchemy, sand mastery, or other forms of inherited investiture their children will have it too. (Breeding; a form of cultivation.)

Endowment/Edglium:

Allomantic: While burning the allomancer can share their strength, health, mental speed, etc. with one person within range for the duration of the burn.

Feruchemic: It can store any property, but can only be tapped by someone else. (Basically, it is open to any Feruchemist EXCEPT it’s creator.)

Hemalurgic: Steals Mental Health 

Devotion/Aonium:

Allomantic: Allows you to feel the emotions of others

Feruchemy: Allows you to store emotions.

Steals Connection. This can have very interesting effects if the Connection to location is stolen from a Sel native.

Dominion/Skaium:

Alomantic: Allows you to force obedience from someone within range.

Feruchemic: Stores Self-Control when tapping one has full mastery over their mind and body. 

Hemalurgy: Steals Language (including spoken, written, body/non-verbal, tones and signs)

Honor/Tanavastium

Allomantic: Binds things together for the duration of the burn (like the lashing)

Feruchemic: Stores communication. When storing you are unable to communicate with others. When tapping you can make yourself understood even if you don’t speak the correct language.

Hemalurgic: Steals Nahel Bond

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

On 9/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, Unlicensed Hemalurgist said:

I kind of like this idea. Riffing off it, what if F-Bavadinium stored the Ferring's entire presence in the Cognitive Ream? Storing shifts one closer to the Physical Realm, while tapping the bavadiniummind shifts the Ferring's physical body closer to the Cognitive (like Lift being able to touch spren). Maybe a bavadinium Twinborn could use Compounding to shift over to the Cognitive Realm completely, like the Surge of Transportation?

I really like that. Then if you store enough, it could be a way of getting back to the Physical Realm without a perpendicularity! Nice!

Bumping this thread to riff a bit on Dominion and Devotion's godmetals: 

Skaium (Dominion)

• A-Skaium: When burned, skaium allows the skaium Misting (Puppeteer) to take control of and manipulate the body of someone in their line of sight. Flaring skaium allows them to control multiple people at once, or increase the fine control they have over one person's body. Skaium only allows them to control the person's body; their mind remains beyond the Misting's control.
  • F-Skaium: A skaiummind stores the skaium Ferring's physical coordination (dominion and control over their own body). The skaium Ferring (Stumbler) becomes clumsier when storing and gains increasingly perfect coordination and balance when tapping. 
  • H-Skaium: A skaium spike steals the charisma of the target, making those around the recipient of the spike feel overawed by them and more likely to obey any orders given. A bit like tapping a duraluminmind, only the effect is permanent. 

Aonium (Devotion)

• A-Aonium: When burned, aonium allows the aonium Misting (Heartseeker) to sense the emotions of those nearby. 
  • F-Aonium: An aoniummind stores the aonium Ferring's aggression. The aonium Ferring (Blissout) becomes placid and happy when storing and becomes more violent and quick to anger when tapping.
  • H-Aonium: An aonium spike steals any form of Mental Allomancy.
Edited by Unlicensed Hemalurgist