Ink

A man appeared near a DIDGERIDOO table and sat down. He looked much... not older but... wiser now. Anyone who looked into his eyes instantly turned away because the wealth of knowledge in them was so great that one that stared into them would be driven mad within minutes. Last time someone had seen him was... 16 years ago now. Back then he'd appeared more intimidating, but with time he'd learned to control his powers without necessarily needing to look terrifying. If he needed to wipe out a planet or something of the sort he would need to take up his old mantle but for now he could retain his human face. A beautiful young woman appeared beside him. She had her father's eyes, but she also gave off an aura of calming magnificent power. The blood of a great man flowed in her veins, and part of the spirit of a God was attached to her spiritweb. The man walked up to the counter. It seemed to almost bow to him, acknowledging the power that stood before him. "All the waffles you have please. It's my daughter's 19th birthday, so could you please make them by secret recipe number #67? I created that one for her years ago andshe still adores them."

"But sir... that was created by the late Lopen back before the great war. Who might you be?"

"The late Lopen huh? I am very punctual actually." 

Edited by LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian

Acheon finally exhaled, and leaned back against the wall. He hadn’t been sure if his yield would be accepted, but Alum was clearly a man of honor. “Thank you, and my apologies again. I do not know all that they offer here, but the eggnog sounds sufficient.”

His eyes wandered to Night. Why was the man acting so distant and aloof?

night just wants to fight people since he's never been in a proper bar fight but apparently everyone's a pacifist :( other than that he's waiting for you to be done talking to Alum so he can question you two about Roshar. Rosharans wanted for character development reasons

Night walked over to the bar counter with the fun swivel chairs on the far side of the restaurant and waited for a bartender. He desperately needed the eggnog, though he wasn't sure why. Everyone else seemed to be doing it.

Edited by PrinceDusty

"No, no, no. Don't apologize," Ioc said to Mack. "I find it quite interesting. Also, you helped me from masking a gigantic mistake. I was going to have an Aon go somewhere... well, I don't know exactly where. But that would blow me up. So, thanks..."

Ioc realized that Mack had gone back to guarding. Ioc sighed, the sighed again in case Mack hadn't heard it.

Ioc strode up to the counter.

"One hundred egg noggs, please," Ioc said proudly. "i'm really thristy. Also, I hate egg nog,"

Mack heard the words egg nog, and began to listen in. His eyes widened at the atrocity that was about to happen. He almost called in the rods of god, but then realized that he shouldn't pass judgment until after the crime had been committed. so he subtly took out a piece of paper, and wrote,

Prep Rods o'f god, alleyverse. 

He quickly received a response. Are you sure? The collateral damage could be catastrophic.

I know its gonna be catastrophic, why do you think Im ordering it?

Are you sure? What could possibly be so bad it could warrant a complete destruction of this plane of existence?

Somebodies about to spill some egg nog.

Oh, ok. Right away sir.

Somewhere in the Craftsmen underwater base, a team of men tackle the poor egg nog loving scribe, beating him to a pulp for even considering leveling a continent over egg nog. They write back, Sir, we are not going to kill everyone over some egg nog, you aren't thinking right. You're tired, come home.

WHAT! THIS PLACE WILL NEED TO BE PURGED ONCE THIS HERESY HAS BEEN COMMITTED! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SPILLING EGG NOG! THE HERETICS WILL BE BURNED IN A FIERY KINETIC BOMBARDMENT!

Sir, we've been over this, kinetic bombardment is not an appropriate response to heresy. Also, your definition of heresy is a bit warped.

NO, We agreed nuclear, chemical, and psychological responses weren't appropriate, kinetic was never discussed. 

Sir, we aren't doing it.

At this point Mack had had enough, He furiously  tossed the paper to the ground, and burned it using his wand, muttering something about storming heretics and hoping that they burn in the testing labs of the DA forever.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Elkanah was rushing to fill egg nog glasses. It wasn't even close to the time where people normally drank it. Suddenly, the egg nog stopped flowing. He was out. Anxiety starts to beat within him. He needed more, and fast.

Rilu came back from waystop right now. He didn't really do too much there anyways.

Suddenly, Rilu appeared again, out of breath. Elkanah let out a sigh of relief. "Could you go grab some egg nog from... uh... wherever you got it the first time?" He asks to Pleading. Rilu nodded and dissapeared again.

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

Agreed. Me and my dad stock up on egg nog in january. It usually only lasts a few weeks at most. The rest of my family doesnt like egg nog, so we make fun of them.

Egg nog is great. Its just like Root Beer in the RB bar here.

Edited by Inklingspren

Mack carefully eyed the man who sat down at the counter. He looked like a scholar, and could be just what Mack needed. But first he needed to see if he was a heretic. Everything hinged on that. Turning back to the soon to be heretic, Mack realized he couldn't stop him, the shear amount of powers that that man had exhibited earlier was insane. 

If only he had the rods from god, then he could make a difference. Maybe. But they wouldn't let him use his 4th best weapon. Or his first, or his second, or his third. The exact rankings were up to debate, but nonetheless, he couldn't use his best stuff. And he had sworn an oath never to kill with that wand again, so he couldn't use that. Gah, he hated it when he was powerless. All he could do was wait.

Edit: Tired of waiting, Mac did the unthinkable. He decided to share his emergency egg nog with the fella. Reaching into his robe, he pulled out an insulated flask and said,

"Here, I noticed you wanted some egg nog. The service here takes forever. And you can keep your money." Glancing down at the mans notes, he asked him "So, if you don't mind, what are you working on?" 

@MetaTerminal

Edited by MacThorstenson

Sorry, I haven’t been on much the last few days.

Alum glanced at the man who sat down next to him, wearing some fairly fashionable robes, and proffered a flask of eggnog. Questions followed the drink, and he took both of them down, thinking it over. A good taste, one he’d picked up from his travels. It had been ages since he had some.

“Thanks,” he said. “I’m short on money right now. Most things, actually. Stormlight, feruchemy reserves.” He touched the bruise that had formed on his face. He’d been trying to not breathe any of his own light in to heal it, in case there was an emergency, and he considered it bad form to breathe in other people’s. “Short on sense as well, apparently.” The dun spheres went back into the satchel.

He laid out his notes. “I’m working on studying Rithmatics. You might have heard of it, here. Very interesting subject. Chalkings are a bit weird, but they follow similar magical laws. Five pointers, eight pointers, the whole thing. There’s some other stuff here too - I’m almost finished with Transportation, as good as I can get it anyway, and there’s some stuff on the Metallic Arts as well. Don’t have a full set - I’ve got about twelve out of 32, but I figure the Allomantic Enhancers should all be pretty similar after all.” The thought nudged him that he was rambling, and he stopped himself from going onto Shardguns. He hadn’t even proven any of that was possible, let alone try and make one.

“Some other stuff there too,” Alum finished lamely. “I’m a scholar, as you might have guessed, and somewhat of an inventor. Caught the bug from a young age and it hasn’t really ever let me go. How about you?” He took another drink of eggnog, passed the half-full flask back and, not thinking, laid his right arm onto the table. Both spikes were in full view.

Hmmm, well he does have good taste. And is a scholar and inventor as well. He looks promising. 

"How about me? Lets see, bout 450 or 500 years ago I was born in arelon, and soon after taken by the shaod. I could never draw aons by hand, couldn't keep them steady enough, but I could engrave them, and understood the theory better then everyone, so I turned to inventing and writing aon programs. Started a little shop, the craftsmen, you may have heard of us. I've grown and learned a lot sense then, traveled to the different planets and different universes, briefly entered the DA while possessed, and entered business to build my little shop, but at my core, I'm still a boy who likes to draw aon programs." Just then, Mack saw the mans spikes on his arm. Ooh, I like him. 

"Yep, just an inventor from elantris." He paused to think, then made his pitch, "Ya know, while I know a lot about different magic systems, I don't have a Rithmatist on hand, I could use someone of your talents. Would you be interested? We have as many resources as you need to experiment and build what you want. And are basically the most advanced guild out there." He slid the flask back toward the man, "You can keep the egg nog."

Don't worry, i haven't been too active as well. @MetaTerminal

As he finished, he was hit in the head by an organ. Confused and angrey, he turned around to find his old friend @LopenTheTwoArmedHerdazian.

"My gosh its been ages! How are you?"

Wait, does mack know lopen? 

Edited by MacThorstenson

Yeah

"16 years man. This is my daughter, Theodosia. I'm doing fine. We're thinking of getting back on to the Alleyverse scene now that I've finished training her in the art of Spiritual Realm manipulation. She's stronger than her own dad nowadays. She's so good at breaking the 4th wall... it's a sight to behold. Thee, show your uncle Mack."

Theodosiasmiled and snapped her fingers as suddenly a crash sounded outside. A Delorian with Infinity stone encrusted handles appeared out of nowhere and seemed to have shattered the 4th wall. It was a Delorian made of... waffles. Truly Lopen's daughter.

"Oh my gosh she is amazing at that!" He smiles sadly, "Its been far too long sense we've had some good Chaos here. The alleyverse was starting to make sense. We can't have that. I need to go visit the round about again, that place was good. But I have things that need to be done, constructs that need to be built, and suits that need to be worked on."

Ioc sighed, Nobody was going to give it 100 eggnogs.

It was for the best, though. It hated eggnog. It just tasted... wrong.

But Ioc was not a being to ignore peer pressure. so, it had gone with the flow of popular opinion and ordered eggnog.

Oh, well. At least it now had an excuse to not drink eggnog.

Ioc watched as a shiny car made of waffles rolled in. Sigh. It supposed it could settle from some waffles.

Ioc began walking towards the car, grabbing a fork from one of the tables and half-heartedly licking its lips.

Alum smiled, sealing and pocketing the flask for later. “A Craftsmen guild, you say? Sounds interesting. Sign me up.” If nothing else it could provide a new base of operations for his research, and the silver-skinned wizard did seem sincere. Building items was one of his main skills, after all. “I’m not a native Rithmatist user; that’s what this thing is for.” He pointed at the spike. “But I’m getting better.”

“So, what’s this DA guild you speak of? And when do I start?”

Edited by MetaTerminal

Not again. Mejin thought frustrated. She wasn’t sure why it was, but lately she’d been giving off a ‘don’t talk to me’ feeling to people. Except she did like talking.

Just to prove it wrong, she got up and sat back down at a table with people.

If she couldn’t be social, she at least could look it.

Mack grinned. “We can start right now. As for the DA, they are the most powerful guild in the area, they have gone underground for the moment, but if I know voidus, and I do, then they will be back. We aren’t affiliated with them. Anyway, we can head over to the base now. Let’s go. I'm Mack by the way."

He stood up, and began to walk toward the door, assuming that Alum would follow him to the base.

@MetaTerminal

Edited by MacThorstenson