Ink

Alum was minding his own business when he had been punched. That’s what he swore afterwards, anyway.

As his notes went flying and his pen cracked against the floor, he considered that he might have needed to pay more attention to his surroundings. He might have been able to dodge the assault with some bendalloy.

Nevertheless, he grimly cracked his knuckles, swallowed his metals and double checked his spikes. In order to prevent violence within the bar, he needed to inflict violence. Undoubtably he was doing his civic duty.

Or maybe he just needed to wind down slightly. But storms, that punch hurt. It needed an appropriate reaction to defuse the situation.

With the power of A-Pewter, Alum punched back.

Alum’s also choosing not to use Stormlight since he’s running low. He’s got an A-Pewter and A-Bendalloy spike right now.

Also, 100th post! 

Edited by MetaTerminal

1 hour ago, MetaTerminal said:

Also, 100th post! 

Nice!

Elkanah looked over. This was supposed to be a resturaunt, but it seemed more like a bar. Probably to be expected. A fight was going on. Of course. He hummed to Annoyance. "Could you keep the violence down?" He asks, wishing that everyone would get along. 

As he walked away from the building, he began to hear a fight brake out, people started throwing punches as he walked out the door. Not his problem though, nope. Im done with these petty squables, there is nothing in there of value. Sadly not even the waiter who gave me egg nog quali- wait. The Egg Nog. They could damage the EGG NOG! Crap! Mac turned around, and for the first time in 16 years, drew his wand. He wouldn't be using Daa, that could hurt the drinks, he turned the wand around in his hand until Aon Eno was exposed, and a few of the higher powered varieties.

He slid up the sleeve of his robe, and ran his finger across his leather armband, activating his boosting aons there, lending him strength, bravery, mental clarity, and gracefulness. Finally, he tapped a special aon shao. He transformed from a grungy dirty man in a robe, to a tall imposing sorcerer, clothed in black and gold robes, suitable of a protector of the nog. Hopefully, nothing to bad would happen that would force him to come into the fight, but just in case, he needed to protect the holy elixir. He made his way into the building, and began to observe the fight. He walked over to the annoyed proprietor, and asked him the all important question.

"Do you know where the Egg Nog is, I need to protect it in case this fight gets too rough, and goes near it."

@Inklingspren

Edited by MacThorstenson

Though Acheon blocked the blow with his arms, preventing damage to his mostly unguarded face, the force of an unnaturally-enhanced fist impacted even his warform-protected arms. He grunted and toppled off of his chair, hastily rebalancing into a fighting pose. He was up against a fighter he didn’t know anything about and the man running the restaurant was humming a familiar tune of Annoyance. As if that weren’t enough, a magisterial and intimidating sorcerer burst into the room. Despite Acheon’s pride, he felt a twang of shame for creating such a mess.

Only restating things that have already happened. No godmodding to see here, folks (wipes sweat off of forehead)

But as he saw Alum downing something metallic and cracking his knuckles, he had a feeling that this wasn’t an easy reparable situation. He shook the tingling sensation out of his arms and clenched his fists, waiting for an opening. He backed out of another swing, accidentally bumping into a nearby table.

Edited by Seneca74
fear

First of the Night, sensing conflict, appeared at the front door of the apparently australian bar and pushed his way in. Hateka helpfully shifted form to a glowing Insect Glaive. Night frowned, and Hateka realized his mistake- an Insect Glaive would be no use a moderately confined space such as a restaurant. Hateka reluctantly shifted to Night's weapon of choice, the close-range Shardblowpipe Night had 'invented.' Night pulled out the poison-tipped sleeper darts. 

A Parshendi and an Azish 30-something seemed to be glaring at each other, apparently waiting for opportunities to start throwing punches. Night instantly recognized the Parshendi, an old contact named Acheon. Of course, Night jumped to the aid of the Azish man with the scar along the bottom of his jaw. Aechon appeared to be backing off Using Abrasion to slicken the inside of his blowpipe to the point of zero friction, he took his time setting up and getting ready to fire the perfect shot across the spacious room; his Aviar watching, ready to warn him of any threats.

yeah fixed sorry i meant leaving the waystop but i put that in a separate post and forgot to update

Edited by PrinceDusty

The building didn’t look familiar to Mejin. 

“DIDGERIDOO,” she said reading the sign. It sounded familiar. Must have been the new TUBA cafe.

She pulled open the door and sighed. Like always something violent was going on.

”Isn’t there anything peaceful these people know how to do?” She muttered to herself and walked over to the counter.

“Could I have a glass of water?” She asked - her preference had yet to change in sixteen years.

Noting the First of the Sun worldhopper, who appeared to be assisting him, and the wizard, who seemed to be searching for something, Alum turned back to Acheon.

“Shall we start?” Pyrus, on a nearby table, hummed unhappily. But Alum didn’t feel threatened - instead, he felt strangely elated, as if given reprieve from his stressful studies.

Interpreting the Parshendi’s humming as an affirmative response, he threw a firm, fast, pewter-fuelled punch towards Acheon’s jaw, trying to send him stumbling backwards into the drinks cabinet.

The blow connected, sending Acheon’s head snapping back, where it collided with a cabinet. 

He was reminded of the single time he’d gone up against a Shardbearer during battle, and watched as a similar superhuman strength destroyed his kin. There was more than simple physical strength in this Azish. 

Despite spotty vision, Acheon stood his ground. This was escalating far too quickly for his liking, and seeing an old friend- or, at the least, an old ally- facing him down was causing his confidence to waver. The situation would not end well for him if this continued, but he could still walk away with his pride.

He raised his hands, but was careful not to let his guard down too much just in case another forceful blow came his way. “We needn’t continue this. It was my mistake.”

He waited warily for a response, prepared to keep fighting if his proposal was rejected.

Waiting until the Azish man threw a punch, properly distracting Acheon, Night watched carefully for the perfect opening. The dart, when hitting the proper veins, would cause the victim to fall into a nearly-irreversible 48-hour sleep. Though nearly impossible, it would be hilarious and- in Night's opinion- was well worth the wait.

"I'm Rosharan, I wasn't born on First of the Sun; go read my storming backstory," he muttered under his breath, though he wasn't sure what made him suddenly say such a random thing. Must have been a Shard messing with his mind.

He lowered his blowpipe as Acheon apologized, still wary. If the Parshendi successfully tricked the Azish man into lowering his guard, Night would be ready to stop Acheon from trying anything.

“Alright.” Alum lowered his guard. “I’m sorry. That was also partly my fault. I shouldn’t have reacted either.

“In fact,” he continued, turning away, “I think I might buy you a drink.” He signalled for a waiter.

2 hours ago, PrinceDusty said:

I'm Rosharan, I wasn't born on First of the Sun; go read my storming backstory

Sorry.

Eek, sorry, been a very busy couple days.

A woman walked up to the counter, and appeared to say something, although Ava didn't quite catch it over the ruckus. "I'll be right with you ma'am, I'm just going to serve this man over here." She made her way over to the Azish man, who was signalling for a waiter, stepping over the broken glass of the drink cabinet. "What can I do for you, sir?"

Ioc saw the one man, named Mac, turn with a wand in his hand.

'Silly guy,' Ioc thought. 'We're not in that world,'

Then, Ioc saw the Aon. Made into the wood.

It yelped, then stood from where it had been doing a head stand, and approached Mac.

"Hey," Ioc said, "How'd you make an Aon into an object?"

@MacThorstenson

16 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

As he walked away from the building, he began to hear a fight brake out, people started throwing punches as he walked out the door. Not his problem though, nope. Im done with these petty squables, there is nothing in there of value. Sadly not even the waiter who gave me egg nog quali- wait. The Egg Nog. They could damage the EGG NOG! Crap! Mac turned around, and for the first time in 16 years, drew his wand. He wouldn't be using Daa, that could hurt the drinks, he turned the wand around in his hand until Aon Eno was exposed, and a few of the higher powered varieties.

He slid up the sleeve of his robe, and ran his finger across his leather armband, activating his boosting aons there, lending him strength, bravery, mental clarity, and gracefulness. Finally, he tapped a special aon shao. He transformed from a grungy dirty man in a robe, to a tall imposing sorcerer, clothed in black and gold robes, suitable of a protector of the nog. Hopefully, nothing to bad would happen that would force him to come into the fight, but just in case, he needed to protect the holy elixir. He made his way into the building, and began to observe the fight. He walked over to the annoyed proprietor, and asked him the all important question.

"Do you know where the Egg Nog is, I need to protect it in case this fight gets too rough, and goes near it."

@Inklingspren

Ah, yes, sorry.

Elkanah looks dumbfounded. "The... egg nog?" He says. "It's in the back, just don't take any." Storms, people were getting weird.

"Good." Mack spun around quickly and positioned himself near the room heading into the back. Suddenly he noticed the man who used to be doing a headstand approach him. He gripped his wand a little tighter, feeling the aons engraved in the metal.

"Hey," Ioc said, "How'd you make an Aon into an object?"

Macks eyes, widened. He loved it when someone talked about his work. 

"Its actually really cool! You can't just engrave the aon into the surface, otherwise when you activate it, the effect will come out of the aon. That's not good. Especially for things like Aon Ehe. Inside of the wand, there are metal plates with Aon programs. The Aons you see activate them, nothing more. This one here, Eno, activates a program that generates a stream of water coming out of the end. I was inspired by this one book series I read on a far away planet. Other ones, like this," He said excitedly, pointing to the Aon Daa, "use the same program, but because the starting Aon is different, the end result is the burst of light, characteristically exhibited by Daa, shoots out the end of the wand. Why do you want to know?"

@Gancho Libre

Edited by MacThorstenson

Night, annoyed severely by the sudden change in atmosphere, turned on the Azish man and shot a sleep dart at his forehead. Night knew, of course, that he was well within the man's vision and that the man had probably been able to see his cheeks puff out slightly and probably had enough time to dodge the high shot- that is, if their amazing overlords controlling their every thought(cough @MetaTerminal cough) chose that they wanted it to be that way.

But Night didn't care. 

Oh im not annoyed or anything i just thought it would be in character of night to be defensive of his rosharan linegae since it's the only thing he knows about his past and learning more is his only goal in life. though in retrospect it makes no sense because it should have just been me saying it in a quote box, sorry

Edited by PrinceDusty

Alum saw the blowgun swivel in his direction and quickly jumped out of the way of the dart. He then turned to Acheon, who was sitting nearby.

"What sort of drink would you like?" he asked. "Also, beware of that Rosharan man over there. He appears annoyed and has a gun. Never a good combination."

@Seneca74

Also, there's a difference between Mac and Mack? I thought they were used interchangeably.

Edited by MetaTerminal

15 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Alum saw the blowgun swivel in his direction and quickly jumped out of the way of the dart. He then turned to Acheon, who was sitting nearby.

"What sort of drink would you like?" he asked. "Also, beware of that Rosharan man over there. He appears annoyed and has a gun. Never a good combination."

@Seneca74

Mac and Mack are not interchangeable. Mac refers to my first RP character, the second most powerful guy, who was kinda OP, slightly insane guy who was a department head in the DA, he had a great fear of dying, and when he was charged with being a biased mediator (see the mediators guild), he killed himself, but before he died, he transferred a copy of his memories into a coppermind. (I have the time stamps to show that it happened before he was brought to trial). His memories were given to Mack, an elantrian craftsman, and when he absorbed the memories, because Mac had lived for millennia, Mack’s mind was overtaken by Mac. Mac retained control until he realized that he was actually dead and it was pointless to continue this half life, then he stored himself in a coppermind, leaving Mack to live his life. Now I RP solely with Mack. That was probably way to long winded of an explanation, but it suffices

"Hmmm. I believe that I could, though I couldn't write the program solely with Aons. Aons don't really seem to work in that way, similar to how on earth, different programming languages are used for different things. Now what I would do, would be use a lot of technology of earth, and set up a homing beacon on the place where you want to visit and another one on a different location. Maybe even a third. in a third location. Then you carry a miniature one with you that you activate when you want to teleport to the desired location, when that happens, the other homing beacons lock on to your location and do the calculations then transmit your relative locations to the box in your hand, which will communicate that to the Aon program using a complicated series of if then loops. Finally, the Tia would teleport you to the desired location using the relative locations and the distance between them as a guide. I think that's how it would work, though I'm not entirely sure. And This method wouldn't really work for things outside of the universe, because broadcasting that kinda information is difficult. And obviously it wouldn't work in places without the Aon Dor, so really only in thew alleyverse and Sel. Sorry for thinking aloud there and probably boring you to death, but I think that thats the easiest way, with minimal chance for error. I can experiment, and shorten it and make it easier. if you do end up making it, good luck making the Aon program, drawing those aons to be less then a inch big gets really difficult." Mack turned back around and proceeded to guard the door some more.

@Gancho Libre