Amarams life belongs too...?

In WoR, Mraize tells Shallan not to harm Amaram, because ”his life belongs to another”. So, who is this another? Guesses:

-Kaladin: The most obvious one. But how would the Ghostbloods know of this? And why would they care? To them, Kaladin is just a good soldier. And if they knew of his KR-powers, why not seek him out?

-Iyatil: She attempted to kill Amaram, after all. Maybe he did something against her. 

-Jasnah: Has a bad history with Amaram. But unlikely, because Mraize thought her dead at the time. 

-Dalinar: Maybe Mraize knew of Amarams lies, and felt that it would be good to have Amaram alive in order to let Dalinar have his vengeance.

-Odium: Long shot, but we don’t know exactly when he started talking to Amaram. I think that it happened during OB, personally, and so I doubt this one.

What do you guys think? 

It could be possible he was reffering to a yet unknown member of the Ghostbloods. 

For what we, as readers, know, our best guess is Kaladin. 

I don't remember whether Heralan was a member of the Ghostbloods as well as Skybreakers. 

From what i read, the Ghostbloods are not sided with Odium. 

Iyatil was most likely sent after Amaram due to his siding with Odium. 

6 hours ago, Kyianix said:

It could be possible he was reffering to a yet unknown member of the Ghostbloods. 

For what we, as readers, know, our best guess is Kaladin. 

I don't remember whether Heralan was a member of the Ghostbloods as well as Skybreakers. 

From what i read, the Ghostbloods are not sided with Odium. 

Iyatil was most likely sent after Amaram due to his siding with Odium. 

But Amaram doesn't "side with Odium" until after meeting him at Thalyen Fields, and discovering that what he had been working towards as a member of the Sons of Honor - triggering a Desolation to bring out the Heralds to lead humanity once again - had been a lie, as the Heralds themselves had spent millenia actively hiding and avoiding a Desolation.

I also don't see the Ghostbloods giving a molted cremling shell about Kaladin's beef with Amaram. I'm sure when Mraize told the not-yet-accepted-as-a-Ghostblood Shallan that Amaram's "life belongs to another", that was in reference to another Ghostblood, whose name she did not need to know.

We do know the GBs have a "hunter/prey" ethic whereby specific members are actively "hunting" someone with "dibs", and towards the end of WoR we see Iyatil trying to shoot Amaram with a poisoned dart (which Taln saves him from), so it's evidently her he was referring to.

Exactly why Iyatil had "claimed" Amaram's life is as yet unknown, but it was a claim that was already "in" well before Amaram turned to Odium (well before Torol Sadeas' death, for that matter, which resulted in Amaram becoming the acting Highprince for House Sadeas).

I wonder if they were referring to Shallan herself? This is before they knew Veil was Shallan, after all. Of course, they had just tried to kill Shallan (well, Jasnah, with Shallan being incidental).

I guess probably Kaladin. Maybe they were hoping to recruit him. Was there a member of the Ghostbloods involved with Moash's plot against Elhokar?

Kaladin is the last person the GB would want to recruit. Honesty, an inability to lie and a need to follow his morals in a very strict sense...add up to make the worst possible fit into the GB society. 

As an aside...can I just say how many of the times I try to make an acronym in SA I get SS. Stone Shamans, Shin Shamanate, Secret Societies -_-.

During the final confrontation between Amaram and Dalinar in Othbringer, he refuses to turn back to the good guys because ‘he’d never forgive me’, and confirms that ‘someone’ isn’t Kaladin. Who is it then; the same person as OP is discussing?

4 minutes ago, SteveD said:

During the final confrontation between Amaram and Dalinar in Othbringer, he refuses to turn back to the good guys because ‘he’d never forgive me’, and confirms that ‘someone’ isn’t Kaladin. Who is it then; the same person as OP is discussing?

Its himself. 

Welcome to the forums!

Edited by Toaster Retribution

• Chaos locked this topic