On the Shattered Plains

_Shard

Question

I've been wondering recently about the Shattered Plains, more specifically about the Shattered part. From this quote:

They blame our people
For the loss of that land
The city that once covered it
Did range the eastern strand.
The power made known in the tomes of our clan
Our gods were not who shattered these plains. 
”  — 55th stanza

we can infer that the Shattered Plains were not always shattered. It raises another question though: who or what shattered it?

The Song of Wars states that it wasn't the Parshendi or their gods

Spoiler

(I assume this refers to Odium and the Fused)

who shattered Stormseat. A different theory I've seen is that the Knight's Radiant destroyed the area, but that doesn't explain how it's symmetrical. Another theory suggests that the Splintering of Honor caused a shockwave (based on the earthquake on Sel; I understand that the Splintering of Devotion and Dominion was ages before the earthquake btw), and Roshar has no tectonic plates (apparently).

So, to you brilliant Cosmere fans, do you know what shattered Stormseat? I have asked a couple of people, searched through the WoBs, and now I am here.

Please help me.

Edited by _Shard

6 answers to this question

I'm thinking Dawnshards 

Though I think that whatever was behind it did more than just shatter the plains - it destroyed whatever was protecting Stormseat from the storms. All the structures are now buried in crem and the entire area exposed so there must have been something that protected it. 

On 29/8/2018 at 3:42 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

By who? A bunch of KRs, a Shard, Fused...?

For the magnitude involved probably an Herald using Illumination (so Shalash or Pali).

Unless it was a group effort, a lot of Radiants with a Bondsmith coordinator