Long Game 49/Anonymous Game 3: Window to the Past

little wilson

Well, and the SoH, but I died right after becoming and Elim, and Tearim decided to save the village instead killing them all

I had a great time playing this game, and thank you so much to the gms, and my fellow players. I genuinely had a blast

Edited by Snipexe

22 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Thanks to Wilson, Orlok, and Elbereth for GMing! I had lots of fun, and unfortunately my death was my own fault :/. Lesson to be learned is don't try to kill Jasnah, ever. It's nearly as bad as making Wilson mad at you. I was Restares by the way.

2ll1rh.jpg

In all seriousness though, I had no idea who had attempted to kill me, and it took me like 12 hours to find out who protected me. I believe it was drunk beggar, and it was completely by chance. So your kill almost was successful.

Well, the parshendi only took protect and spying actions until the unmade was released... (Though Szeth did a lot of roleblocking)

I think the only "evil" people from the start were probably SoH.  The parshendi became evil. Though people were accusing them from turn 1.

I thought for sure Tearim wouldn't attack Klade as he also probably wants the desolation, which is why i originally thought we should have 2 attackers on Klade instead of on Tearim...

3 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I love how we were all accusing people of being evil when it was quite obviously the parshendi the entire time. I mean, seriously. It was super obvious. Sometimes we make ourselves super confused. 

It was only the Parshendi once the Unmade got released. Before that, the Parshendi were all good.

9 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

It's nearly as bad as making Wilson mad at you.

....heh. >>

8 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Still, i do have a question about how you chose what characters to include. Specifically, why did you not include Taravangian?

We tried to stick to mostly characters we knew were there that night, with the exception of Hoid (aka Wit), or characters who were very likely there (like the Captain of the Guard, who may or may not have been Tearim at that point in time, but the Captain needed a name, so he became Tearim). The reason we didn't include Taravangian was because there wasn't really any indication he was there that night. Gavilar mentioned Thaidakar, and while that doesn't mean Thaidakar was there, there's a chance he may have been or at least some Ghostblood. We were shooting for 25 characters, so we had to take a couple guesses towards the end. But for the most part, outside of Hoid, we tried to stay as true to the prologue's characters as we could.

2 hours ago, little wilson said:

We tried to stick to mostly characters we knew were there that night, with the exception of Hoid (aka Wit), or characters who were very likely there (like the Captain of the Guard, who may or may not have been Tearim at that point in time, but the Captain needed a name, so he became Tearim). The reason we didn't include Taravangian was because there wasn't really any indication he was there that night. Gavilar mentioned Thaidakar, and while that doesn't mean Thaidakar was there, there's a chance he may have been or at least some Ghostblood. We were shooting for 25 characters, so we had to take a couple guesses towards the end. But for the most part, outside of Hoid, we tried to stay as true to the prologue's characters as we could.

But Taravangian was there.  In Words of Radiance Interlude 14 at the end,

That was, at least, what the visions had proclaimed.  Visions Gavilar had confided in him six years ago, the night of the Alethi king's death.

Also, Tearim was Captain of the King's Guard in the prologue.  Jasnah's viewpoint at start of WoR names him as such at least.

Tearim, captain of the King's Guard, loomed behind them.  He wore Gavilar's Shardplate; the king himself had stopped wearing it of late, preferring to entrust it to Tearim, who was known as one of the world's great duelists.

Edit: I might have been rereading WoR lately. :P 

I have to say, I'm very glad to see this game over. I hugely enjoyed seeing the quantity of RP, and watching players make something of the game, but it took a monumental amount of effort each rollover. I apologise for the delays to rollovers, which were mostly my fault. Unfortunately, El had to largely drop out for personal reasons, and Wilson and my schedules didn't line up, so we spent most of the game managing this with one or the other of us trying to do everything each cycle. 

As those of you who have read the dead doc will notice, this game wasn't in a state to run when we started the game. As such, I had to build a lot of it as it went. For those of you who came off badly as a result of the balancing that happened as the game went on, whether with the selected win conditions, traits, or rulings we made, I apologise. I'd be keen to hear players' opinions the balance, as my own perspective most certainly lead to a set of mistakes.

I'd thank Wilson immensely for her help this game, both with the inception of a game like this, her invaluable input on balancing decisions, her vision and drive, and for taking over for the end of the game, where looming deadlines, mid terms, and my 21st meant I stepped back entirely.

As it’s been about half a year since this game began, it’s time to close it up. Many, many thanks to Wilson, Orlok and El for their hard work developing, balancing and running this incredibly complex game, especially doing so on the fly and often with little time. I think it’s needless to say that everybody who joined this game had an excellent time, with the plotting and behind-the-scenes manipulation keeping everything tense. Moreover, it was wonderful watching all the quality RP put out by players throughout the game, both in-thread and in docs.

Congratulations are in order to Jasnah and Wit for completing all of their win conditions (particularly Wit for coming out of the mess alive), and to all the players who nearly accomplished everything. And to all who participated, regardless of how many win conditions they fulfilled, thank you for being an active part of our games. We couldn’t do it without you all.

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Orlok, Alvron or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can.

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Elbereth, Amanuensis, Aonar Faileas, A Joe in the Bush, or Stink) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: