Long Game 49/Anonymous Game 3: Window to the Past

little wilson

3 minutes ago, SE_Ialai_Sadeas said:

I can confirm that Drunk Beggar does indeed have his Honorblade. I’m not sure if he’s been using it.

How do we know Klade didn’t kill Navani? Are we just assuming he made an action spy?

It seems odd for him to accuse Adolin blindly, when there where several other candidates that could have been trying to kill him (Jasnah, you), so it seems reasonable to me that he did indeed submit an action spy. I really do wish that @SE_Klade would drop by to share some of his recent activities with us, though.

23 hours ago, SE_Ivory said:

You haven't explained how Klade killed Navani while action-spying on you, though. I understand the argument you're making, but if you can't explain how the one remaining person in your POE committed on of the murders, your POE is faulty.

As for other people, Tearim can't be ruled out, and Ialai only has a solid alibi for cycle 9 (on which only Eshonai died), as participants in a combined action still get told they succeeded, even if the person submitting the action decided to do something else, but if the main action-submitter is roleblocked, everyone gets told their action has failed. Given that Adolin backing out would explain why Ialai's goal kept failing, I'm not certain on Ialai one way or another.

@Orlok Tsubodai (and/or other GM's) do effects exist in this game that could kill without player intervention?

PAFO.

15 minutes ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

PAFO.

Orlok, next time I earn one of those, could you turn it into one of those nice RAFO cards, please :P.

Anyway,a s a consequence of this, I'd really like to ask everyone that doesn't currently have a plan to action-spy on someone? That way we should be able to figure out the killers, or rule out the presence of a killer pretty quickly.

LG49/AN3: Hour 11 - Nothing Makes Sense Anymore

It was never supposed to be like this, Adolin thought. This night should've been a night of a celebration and flirtation. He'd been looking forward to tonight for days. Maybe weeks. He wasn't entirely sure. Certainly ever since his latest conquest had started ignoring him. He'd been hoping he'd have some luck in replacing her, but instead of spending the night smiling carefree at any (and every) girl even close to his own age, he found himself forced not to show his grief. Brother, dead. Father, dead. Uncle, dead. Aunt, dead. Cousin, dead. He'd had to kill his cousin's wife.

It didn't make sense. Nothing made sense. But he couldn't show that. Not even now, while walking through the palace halls where he'd spent years of his life. He had to be strong. He was one of the last of the Kholins. A dying breed. Storms.

He heard a noise behind him, and he spun around, instinctively summoning his Shardblade. When did that become instinctive? He couldn't see anyone, but he was still relieved when, ten heartbeats later, he felt the sturdy feel of blade in hand. Better to be cautious than...well. Dead. Continuing down the corridor, he stayed alert for any sounds other than his own footsteps on the stone. And heard another noise. He spun again, but there was still no one there.

He thought for a moment that he was just hearing things. Maybe the grief was finally getting to him. Maybe he was cracking. He'd seen that happen to his father, after his mother's death. His father, the powerful, awe-inspiring Blackthorn, broken from a single death. Adolin knew he wasn't his father. He didn't have that same strength, as much as he'd tried. The Blackthorn broke under one death. Adolin had five to break under. Six if one counted Aesudan, which Adolin didn't, since he'd never really like the woman. Killing her had been distressing, but it hadn't been heartbreaking. Nothing like seeing Renarin fall, or the Blackthorn himself dead.

Another noise, from the other direction. Now I'm just spinning in circles, he thought, looking ridiculous.

Just before he dismissed his Blade, however, he heard a soft patter of feet. Running. Towards him. He spun again, knowing this wasn't in his head, and sure enough, someone was running toward him. He couldn't tell who—the face was covered and the clothes were nondescript—but identity was the least of his concerns, he realized, as he saw a blade swing at him.

This time, his moves were truly instinctive. He blocked the weapon, and immediately made an attack of his own. Which his opponent quickly parried. Adolin fell into Vinestance to defend himself from the counterattack, and then spun into Windstance. His opponent seemed barely able to keep up with Adolin's attacks, coming one after the other, so when the man (at least, Adolin assumed it was a man) was disoriented, Adolin fell into Stonestance, raising the Blade up high to deliver a final blow. But the man moved fast, not truly shaken, swinging his Blade at Adolin's torso. Faster than Adolin could bring his own Blade down to block.

He fell to the ground, unable to feel his legs. He dropped his Blade, and it turned to mist. He would've thought there'd be more pain, but instead, there was just numbness. And as his opponent advanced, ready to kill him, he realized he wasn't completely opposed to death. He could join the rest of his family in the Tranquilline Halls. It had been too long since he'd seen his mother. It would be nice to be with her again. With his father without the draw of drunkenness.

Perhaps death would make more sense.

Adolin Kholin has been killed.

This turn ends on Sunday at 11:30 PM MDT
pur_1540791000.png

21 hours ago, SE_Ivory said:

Orlok, next time I earn one of those, could you turn it into one of those nice RAFO cards, please :P.

Anyway,a s a consequence of this, I'd really like to ask everyone that doesn't currently have a plan to action-spy on someone? That way we should be able to figure out the killers, or rule out the presence of a killer pretty quickly.

With regards,

received_762506884115342.png

Analysis time!

Me and Ivory worked together to Action Spy on Klade. We’ve mutually confirmed that we were both involved. However, we weren’t able to find Klade, which I presume means that they hid that round (which makes sense). As a result, I’m clearing Ivory and Klade.

Beggar and Kelek said that they worked together, although I’m not sure on what. Would you be able to share that information? I also asked Jasnah to protect Adolin, but I’m not sure if that went through.

Ultimately, the people I am most unsure about are @SE_Ash and Wit, mainly because they are the only person that I don’t have confirmed alibis for. If someone could list an action that they led, or are confirmed to have cooperated in an action, then that would go a long way to clearing them. (@SE_Wit)

"I've already addressed your accusations in the last half hour, if you'll remember that. I cooperated with Kelek a turn ago to protect Klade. The turn before that, I was going to do that, but Kelek bailed so I tried and failed to protect Klade. This most recent turn I took no action as I forgot to put one in, having completed all my win conditions other than to stop the desolation. If you speak to Adolin (oh right he died. oh well), Liss, Drunk Beggar, and Kelek, and Klade they can account for most of the turns where I remembered to take actions. I'll extract the exact details if you really need them, but hopefully that should suffice along with my previous statements. I am not the killer."

Right you are, Wit.

That’s also correct, Ivory. So Ash is ruled out for now - although we may want to keep verifying that she hasn’t been online in case she jumps on at some point. 

Unfortunately, that leaves 6 people who I all trust and all have pretty good alibis. The fact that I suspect Wit and Klade the most mainly comes down to the fact that those are the people that I have had the least interaction with, and thus the least opportunities to clear them. So I really don’t know what to do.

Ouch, Jasnah.

21 minutes ago, SE_Ialai_Sadeas said:

Unfortunately, that leaves 6 people who I all trust and all have pretty good alibis. The fact that I suspect Wit and Klade the most mainly comes down to the fact that those are the people that I have had the least interaction with, and thus the least opportunities to clear them. So I really don’t know what to do.

This is actually what makes me suspect that there might be a non-player effect killing people. It'd be nice to confirm things one way or another though (either by everyone getting solid alibi's, or the person involved in the killings finally slipping up or getting scanned). Btw, does anyone know if any of the dead Kholins had items that would particularly stand out?

Edited by SE_Ivory

Navani would have had the Broken Soulcaster, although I also got one from Tearim so it’s not a unique item. Adolin had several Violet Wines, although he might have been destroying them when he got them as part of his wincon. Beyond that, anyone with a high number of spheres, as Wit suggested. I have four currently.

On that note, if anyone is passed these items without knowing why, it’s probably someone trying to dump these items, and we should go through and verify what actions each person took that round.

Jasnah noted Klade had stepped back, thinking. 

"The desolation has come upon us, and we've fought off a voidbringer and won." Jasnah declared. "Yet, I suspect there is more to this mystery than we think. My father has been studying these parshendi for some time, And I've recently come across his studies. It seems that parshendi can change forms based on what type of spren is held within their hearts.

"From private conversations with Venli earlier this evening, I have discovered that they have run away from their oppressive gods. Perhaps this spren has something to do with that. For the safety of Klade, who is the last of his people left in the castle, we must keep any black sphere away from him. 

"Therefore, by decree of the queen, if anyone is to come across this black sphere, please inform either me, ivory, or Ialai, and we will do what we can to destroy it."

On 10/27/2018 at 4:17 PM, SE_Ialai_Sadeas said:

Beggar and Kelek said that they worked together, although I’m not sure on what. Would you be able to share that information? I also asked Jasnah to protect Adolin, but I’m not sure if that went through.

I had thought Kelek was going to protect Klade, but apparently he protected Adolin instead.

As for items, I have the same two broams I possessed back during cycle 7, plus two broams that Liss gave me the cycle she was ostracised. Liss also possessed a noise fabrial, which I've heard of but am unsure where it came from and how Liss obtained it.