Long Game 49/Anonymous Game 3: Window to the Past

little wilson

Not sure. I have some goals regarding the the fate of Alethkar that still haven't finished yet. Then again, this might just be a round to let everyone finish their goals.

The battle was over. And Elhokar hadn't done anything but get in the way. He wasn't a fighter. And now people were dead. The kingdom was broken, like a shattered pot. The treaty was ruined, due to his negligence.

Or...maybe he could do something, after all. His father had begun to say that the king need not lead the charge. The king's responsibility was to hold the kingdom together. Elhokar had never really understood what that meant. But now...

Pulling himself off his knees, Elhokar picked his way through the rubble, moving towards the parshendi delegation.

"@SE_Eshonai, @SE_Venli, @SE_Klade, I know this night didn't go as planned. But if we want to survive this, we need to stand together. I'd like to re-extend the hand of friendship."

6 minutes ago, SE_Elhokar_Kholin said:

The battle was over. And Elhokar hadn't done anything but get in the way. He wasn't a fighter. And now people were dead. The kingdom was broken, like a shattered pot. The treaty was ruined, due to his negligence.

Or...maybe he could do something, after all. His father had begun to say that the king need not lead the charge. The king's responsibility was to hold the kingdom together. Elhokar had never really understood what that meant. But now...

Pulling himself off his knees, Elhokar picked his way through the rubble, moving towards the parshendi delegation.

"@SE_Eshonai, @SE_Venli, @SE_Klade, I know this night didn't go as planned. But if we want to survive this, we need to stand together. I'd like to re-extend the hand of friendship."

"Might I reccommend not celebrating with a feast next time. Perhaps a quiet ceremony where only a select few are invited, and the treaty is signed." Jasnah chimed in. 

Had they done it? Liss then saw Thara's body collapse onto the floor. No, not another death... Not Thara. Liss raced over the fabrial, and put her fingers on Thara's wrist.  She couldn't feel a heartbeat.  She felt at Thara's neck instead... Still no heartbeat.

Thara was probably the only person at this feast she cared about to some extent.  Liss was even planning on offering her a job with Liss.  After tonight she didn't think Thara could handle working in this castle any longer.  But she was too late.  Another death, and this was all because Liss lied to everyone here about lying.

Liss took a deep breath.  Time to move on. In that moment, liss forgot about Thara, Aesudan, and the death.  She needed to focus on what she needed to do.

In 8.25, I asked Honor several questions about the unmade, she basically said that this turn we have to deal with the effects of having released it.  Though nothing obvious has come up yet, I think we will need to do something.

Storms, is Thara actually dead?

Edited by SE_Liss

10 hours ago, SE_Elhokar_Kholin said:

"I accept, for the good of my people. We will need it."

Venli smiled that it was still going well, considering the king was dead.

Jezrien was ... alive somehow. The fabrial and the perfect gemstone had done their work before Jezrien's physical form could be destroyed. With the Unmade gone, he felt only exhaustion. Death would have been expected, even preferable, so long as the threat had been properly vanquished. Yet Jezrien continued to exist, while the threat persisted. Yelig-nar was safely contained until the next foolish mortal attempted to unleash its power, but the Desolation still approached. Nale argued for the emerging Radiants to be hunted down and executed, but surely the release of Yelig-nar had not been precipitated by human surgebinders. All Jezrien could think to do was to ensure the imprisoned Unmade was taken far away from those who would misuse it.

It appears that everyone? has received the win condition of preventing the Desolation. If there isn't a specific black sphere object, I'm not sure how that would happen.

It also appears that Amaram still wasn't protected, which indicates that the attack did indeed fail, whether by roleblock or by abstention.

I think Thara is dead. That’s what the writeup heavily implies. (RIP Thara. You will be missed.)

I presume that most people might not know what to do this round, given their new wincon is to prevent the desolation. I still have a wincon, however - I need to lead an action with four cooperators. I tried last turn, but something went wrong.

This turn, I’m planning to just charm someone at random (unless someone else has suggestions). If anyone would like to assist me in fulfilling this wincon, and not let your action go to waste, then that would be much appreciated.

Venli

Navani turned to the Parshendi woman. "Caught in the act, it seems. Though it is technically Darkness' word against yours, I'm inclined to trust him more due to the fact that he is the Herald of Justice, as proven just half an hour ago. Do you have an alibi, or any proof of your innocence? Besides, why would Darkness want to frame a Parshendi?"

12 minutes ago, SE_Elhokar_Kholin said:

I'm inclined to believe this. Venli. Nice going, Darkness. What tipped you off about her?

Persistence and luck. One of my wincons has been to Action Spy someone committing a crime, and then ostracise that player, for about the last 5 cycles. :P

That said, Venli in particular hopping on to the bandwagon of people saying they were trying to stop the Desolation felt off somehow, so I thought I should scan them and see what I found.

Venli. A kill on Dalinar to prevent the Desolation makes very little sense, so I wonder what you're really after.

I'll be away over the weekend starting this evening, so I won't be active for the last 2/3s this cycle, and will only be active towards the end of the next one.

Edited by SE_Ivory

“FATHER!” 

Heads swivelled as Adolin’s piercing cry filled the corners of the hall. Dalinar lay facedown, his eyes closed in the peaceful sleep of death. “No, no. No. Nonononononono...” Dalinar was dead. His father, the mightiest man in Alethkar, dead. By the hand of...Adolin drew his sobbing together long enough to hear the Herald speak. What? One of the Parshendi? The one who had moments before accepted the unity of a new treaty? His rage burned hotter within him than he had ever felt it. Thrusting his hand to the side, his Shardblade appeared, pointed directly at the vile murderer. He addressed her, voice quivering with fury. 

“Mere ostracisation is too good for one such as you, Venli,” Adolin stated quietly. “No, you deserve to be personally slain by the one you have most wronged. And that is me.” 

If Venli is going to be killing people, regardless of the dictates of her win condition, which I do not trust to be as she states, I feel as though she deserves the same sentence. I will be attacking her tonight, even if she is ostracised. More importantly, now, we also need to see who killed Amaram. I’m personally suspicious of the Alethi women, as I distrust their alibi, but Tearim and the other Parshendi may also be to blame. 

7 hours ago, SE_Venli said:

I was trying to accomplish an old win con, which was to kill a member of Gavilar's war council. It had nothing to do with the desolation.

Killing an important highprince so shortly after stopping a threat that should have united them was bad enough. A murder committed immediately after accepting an offer of peace though, constituted a broken oath. While more violence wasn't necessarily the answer, it was clear that an oathbreaker could not be trusted to create a treaty. Venli would have to go.