8 posts in this topic

Ok, so here is my idea. 

A Bondsmith, and an Awakener of the 10th heightening, team up to make the Bondsmith immortal. 

Here is how the do it: 

• First, they forge a solid metal man made of steel. (interlocking plates, joints on the arms and legs, opening mouth/eyes. Movable fingers and toes, ect...) 

• Secondly, the Bondsmith uses spiritual adhesion to bind his soul to the metal man.

• Third, the Awakener Awakens the metal man using all of his breath, creating a nightblood esque sentient object, only this one can functionally move, and has the mind and soul of the Bondsmith.

• Finally, they sew together a cloak of thin aluminum strands and the metal man puts it on to inhibit his world destroying powers. (though he can take it off to level his enemies)

So, what do you guys think? Is there a way to use hemalurgy to give the now Metal Bondsmith the powers of a Fullborn? What  awakening commands should be used on this Metal man? Would the metal Bondsmith keep his radiant powers? 

*EDIT*

Ok, so I guess my the only thing that works  here is awakening a metal man, and therefore have a walking nightblood.

Edited by Lord Mistborn Skybreaker

Assuming the bondsmith is able to bind his soul to the metal man, doesn't the fact that the bondsmith is invested make it incredibly difficult to awaken it? If I were the bondsmith, I would try it on someone else's soul first...

3 minutes ago, Ruin's Scariest Koloss said:

Assuming the bondsmith is able to bind his soul to the metal man, doesn't the fact that the bondsmith is invested make it incredibly difficult to awaken it? If I were the bondsmith, I would try it on someone else's soul first...

The bondsmith is only invested if they have infused themselves with stormlight. So they could bind themselves to it and then wait for the stormlight to run out.

Or they could bind a mistborn who has no metals to the metal man, and after they have awakened it they could give the metal man metals and now you have a walking “mistborn” nightblood.

1 minute ago, Lord Mistborn Skybreaker said:

The bondsmith is only invested if they have infused themselves with stormlight. So they could bind themselves to it and then wait for the stormlight to run out.

Or they could bind a mistborn who has no metals to the metal man, and after they have awakened it they could give the metal man metals and now you have a walking “mistborn” nightblood.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kaladin had any stormlight during the lighthouse scene in Oathbringer, but the lighthouse keeper still said he was invested.

33 minutes ago, Ruin's Scariest Koloss said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Kaladin had any stormlight during the lighthouse scene in Oathbringer, but the lighthouse keeper still said he was invested.

I actually forgot about that part, it makes sense considering the spren (which is sentient investiture) fills in the cracks in the Radiants soul. 

So I guess your right, the bondsmith would have to bind someone else to the metal man. 

A human soul would likely interfere with standard awakening. At this point you're deviating from standard awakening which is imbuing life and some semblance of awareness into an unaware object with the enhancement of a human soul into a different vessel. Of course, this all assumes that a Bondsmith is capable of what you're suggesting, which I don't think is possible.

The Spiritual Aspect of a person is made of Investiture. That's why metal in a body resists Allomancy. It's why you can't use the color of living things (other than yourself) to fuel Awakening, and why just in general doing anything to something living is more difficult. 

Like Spool, I don't think Bondsmith powers could somehow transfer consciousness to a new body... If they did, Awakening that body would then be even more difficult then metal itself because it would be invested metal, and alive on top of it. Even if you could, Nightbloods powers are a production of the entity that he is, not just of having awakened metal, even sentient, as Azure's blade shows us. 

Then trying to add spikes to that? Driving spikes into metal seems to be problematic in itself. Then, would the bindpoints match? 

This feels like a pile of problems. 

Even if it was possible for a bond smith to move his spirit into an object, Hemalurgy damages your spirit web, making "spiritual adhesion" significantly more difficult, I would think.

Edited by A stick