Kaladin getting married would have to turn out to be one of the most significant scenes, I think, to build off other such scenes in this story and other Sanderson stories. At this point, it would almost make sense that he would become involved with a Parshendi. Suppose he is maritally bonded to a Parshendi. I figure this would call forth some crazy Honorific power, such as would be useful in dealing with Odium or at least some Unmade or what.

24 minutes ago, Ripheus23 said:

Kaladin getting married would have to turn out to be one of the most significant scenes, I think, to build off other such scenes in this story and other Sanderson stories. At this point, it would almost make sense that he would become involved with a Parshendi. Suppose he is maritally bonded to a Parshendi. I figure this would call forth some crazy Honorific power, such as would be useful in dealing with Odium or at least some Unmade or what.

He already is the Parshendi advocate in Urithuru, his Windruners are the only known group within forces of Honor that activelly support idea of human-parshendi collaboration, he is the only known person to allow parshmen/parshendi use weapon, and has a parshendi amongst his elite group (bridge 4). He is also probably known amongst the forces of odium because of his actions in the frst part of Oathbringer.

Venli is supposed to become leader of Parshendi rebellion forces. She is bound to work closelly with Kalladin as he is "that one guy we can trust for sure", and has the single most mobile unit on Roshar period. And that close work can transform into something else.

Moreover he is probably seen by most people as the most "radiant" Radiant, and Venli is going to be the very face of rebellion. That is THE SINGLE BEST marriage for PR of humans/listeners cooperation.

They both have survivors guilt (Venli has it for a reason, but Kalladin seems to more affected), and seem to cope with it kind of similarly (unlike it is with Shallan who has completelly diffrent approach), and probably would find a lot of understanding towards eachother.

Also unlike with Shallan while Kalladin hates lighteyes he has a lot of respect towards orginal Parshendi, and Venli despite despising most of humans she has ingrain respect towards Radiants (and as I've said Kalladin is the most "radiant" Radiant).

I've hyped myself so much that now I belive it.

I will be laughing with satisfaction like crazy when it will be confirmed.

Spoiler

tenor.gif

On 9/4/2018 at 2:45 PM, Szmit said:

He already is the Parshendi advocate in Urithuru, his Windruners are the only known group within forces of Honor that activelly support idea of human-parshendi collaboration, he is the only known person to allow parshmen/parshendi use weapon, and has a parshendi amongst his elite group (bridge 4). He is also probably known amongst the forces of odium because of his actions in the frst part of Oathbringer.

Venli is supposed to become leader of Parshendi rebellion forces. She is bound to work closelly with Kalladin as he is "that one guy we can trust for sure", and has the single most mobile unit on Roshar period. And that close work can transform into something else.

Moreover he is probably seen by most people as the most "radiant" Radiant, and Venli is going to be the very face of rebellion. That is THE SINGLE BEST marriage for PR of humans/listeners cooperation.

They both have survivors guilt (Venli has it for a reason, but Kalladin seems to more affected), and seem to cope with it kind of similarly (unlike it is with Shallan who has completelly diffrent approach), and probably would find a lot of understanding towards eachother.

Also unlike with Shallan while Kalladin hates lighteyes he has a lot of respect towards orginal Parshendi, and Venli despite despising most of humans she has ingrain respect towards Radiants (and as I've said Kalladin is the most "radiant" Radiant).

I've hyped myself so much that now I belive it.

I will be laughing with satisfaction like crazy when it will be confirmed.

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif

Did... did you just make Venli x Kaladin actually sound like a semi-rational ship?

I have no words...

11 hours ago, The Allomantic Metalhead said:

Did... did you just make Venli x Kaladin actually sound like a semi-rational ship?

I have no words...

Well, lets look at the obstacles for that ship:

1. Diffrent races (small problem).

2. Haven't met (yet, and Venli is to become one of the main characters since the next book so also small problem).

3. Venli caused apocalypse (but she is good now, so... mabye a problem? Certainly interesting dynamic).

If any of you see anything more please tell me. As of right now I see very nice Pros and little to no Cons.

Edited by Szmit
grammar

Different races isn't too much of a problem since didn't we find out Horneaters and Herdazians are part-Parshendi or what? Haven't met is okay; Syl and Timbre will show the way. 3, well, you could almost say Kaladin also caused the apocalypse by becoming the first new Knights Radiant [well, Jasnah might've been the first of the first or what, but IDK].

37 minutes ago, CrazyRioter said:

Yeah Horneaters and Herdazians are hybrids.Venli doesn't want kids tho so that's pretty irrelevant.

Do you remember wheather she was only againt idea of kids or relationship as well?

On my last readthrough I didn't verry much care about Venli. That definitelly wont be the case anymore.

9 hours ago, Szmit said:

Well, lets look at the obstacles for that ship:

1. Diffrent races (small problem).

2. Haven't met (yet, and Venli is to become one of the main characters since the next book so also small problem).

3. Venli caused apocalypse (but she is good now, so... mabye a problem? Certainly interesting dynamic).

If any of you see anything more please tell me. As of right now I see very nice Pros and little to no Cons.

So... now that this is a serious ship (it was originally intended as a joke), what should we call it?

8 hours ago, Szmit said:

Do you remember wheather she was only againt idea of kids or relationship as well?

On my last readthrough I didn't verry much care about Venli. That definitelly wont be the case anymore.

Well she did have a previous partner, but a Fused ate him. Dunno whether she wants another relationship.

• Chaos locked this topic