BitBitio

So this just occurred to me, but...

Mistings can use Feruchemy. 

Let me put it like this. If a Feruchemist made an unkeyed metalmind, a Misting would be able to burn that metalmind, if it was the same metal they burn normally. At first sight, you think, well duh, that's pretty obvious. But there are deeper applications to this. Mainly, that of a Nicroburst Misting. If you had a Mistborn with Nicrosil and Aluminum Feruchemy, you could create unkeyed metalminds that allow other types of Allomancy, that only a Nicroburst could burn. You could fill a metalmind with any Allomantic power and...

Allomancy would power Feruchemy to power Allomancy. :huh:

Basically a Nicroburst would have access to any Investiture that a Feruchemist created. And could unleash it tenfold.

Edited by BitBitio

Yep. Nicrosil is going to have to get some kind of control placed. A Ferring or misting of nicrosil, especially the Ferring, has the means with medallions to make themselves Fullborn with a little effort. It's broken, and I'm waiting to see exactly how Brandon breaks it. 

1 hour ago, MountainKing said:

may someone explain this to me again?

The first part is that of course a Misting could compound if you provide him an unkeyed Metalmind of the right metal.

Sure  he would be uncapable of storing the attribute generated but he could use that burst of attribute on the spot ...with different degrees of usefulness.

Then the next step is to use a Nicrosil Ferring to do fancy stuffs. The proposed example is a but unclear because I can't understand what the F-Alluminium is used for but mainly a Nicrosil Ferring could in theory turn himself into a sort of Fullborn if provided with the right medallion

5 hours ago, MountainKing said:

Are you saying he could tap the nicrosil part of medallion and take that power himself? I thought it was a hemalurgic construct.

The medallion ? Not they are not...they could be made without Hemalurgy.

But yeah if you could tap from a Nicrosilmind and storing that into another...you have now a Nicrosilmind keyed to you. In theory you could keep stacking new abilities into that Metalmind.

In practice you are building a Bands of Mourning like device...just it's keyed to you. You could unkeyed that if you wish and you have F-Alluminium

The F-aluminum lets one create unkeyed metalminds. If one were to create unkeyed Nicrosilminds containing the ability to burn steel, a Misting or Ferring with the ability to burn or tap Nicrosil could temporarily burn steel while tapping it 

Edited by Mudkipspren

25 minutes ago, Mudkipspren said:

The F-aluminum lets one create unkeyed metalminds. If one were to create unkeyed Nicrosilminds containing the ability to burn steel, a Misting or Ferring with the ability to burn or tap Nicrosil could temporarily burn steel while tapping it 

Maybe I am not understanding what you proposed. But the Metalmind to be used by the Soulbearer needs to be unkeyed already, so the F-Alluminium isn't needed for him to have.

Edit: I understood later, I thought you were pointed to another thing.

But at that point, it's what the Southerns did for years only pushed beyond with the unsealed Metalminds

• Chaos locked this topic