Fan-Made Mistborn Soundtrack

Borio Singaldi

That makes me quite proud indeed. :D

Here are a few moar songs:

"First Encounter", for when Vin and Elend meet for the first time, and subsequently just the theme for the two of them and their relationship in general. Take note of its similarity to "First Waltz".

And next up, of course, "Sazed". I hope this theme fits him.

And last but most certainly not least, "Zane".

Vin And Elend First Meet.m4a

Sazed.m4a

Meet Zane.m4a

Sorry for double posting, but I just want to get more of these across because I feel like this thread is, unfortunately, being ignored.

So this first song, "Noble Life", is meant to be basic background music for the balls Vin goes to in TFE.

Now for a bit of a switch-up. I've decided to make some Era 2 songs as well, starting with "Wayne", a theme song for... well, you know. Steris, of course.

And then this last one is... a sad one meant for a sad scene. "Frozen in the Ash and Snow" is for the scene in WoA when Sazed is searching through the dead on the streets of Luthadel and finally finds Tindwyl's frozen corpse. You are likely to get the fuller impact of this song if you listen to the "Sazed" theme above before this.

Noble Life.m4a

Wayne.m4a

Frozen In The Ash And Snow.m4a

I haven't listened to these all yet, but Dusts, you're good. How music people do what they do will continually shock me. You wearing a tie for some reason shocked me just as much. I know, I have strange priorities. But what I've heard so far is seriously good, Firerust.

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

I haven't listened to these all yet, but Dusts, you're good. How music people do what they do will continually shock me. You wearing a tie for some reason shocked me just as much. I know, I have strange priorities. But what I've heard so far is seriously good, Firerust.

Yeah, he's pretty impressive. And him wearing a tie, that's pretty normal where @Firerust is concerned;)

Hey, hey, hey. Normal? Normal only a Sunday. And recitals. And a couple other things, but that's beside the point! I was wearing a tie in that video because it was a Sunday when I recorded it.

(What's so weird about wearing a tie, anyway? :ph34r: I love wearing ties.)

But thank you for listening! :lol:

By Harmony these are awesome!

Kelsier vs Inquisitor was sending shivers down my spine and I started remembering the fight between them... It's pretty much a perfect theme for that fight since it tells the story of the fight. Inquisitor being strong, strange/unknown, and menacing while Kelsier being the hope and fighting with all he's got to turn the fight around. damnation I miss reading that part of the book.

Though my favorite one out of these gotta be Wayne's theme. Sure I'm biased here since Wayne is my second favorite character in the Mistborn series, but I think your interpretation fits him so well:D I was actually expecting it to be more ”light(hearted) and smooth” kind of melody (I don't know how to describe music tbh, I'm more of a visual artist so please bear with me) but was happily surprised to hear the more ”rough and strong” version since Wayne is such a rough character. He's fun and quirky, almost never shuts up and still kicks chull instead of being all talk. I especially liked the difference in the rhythm (or tempo? I'm hopeless I know.) since it goes with his use of bendalloy, but also with his habit of picking up accents.

Great work on all of them! I'll definitely put one or two of them on my mp3 player (yes I'm ancient like that) when I go out on a walk and brainstorm stuff:D 

Thank you so much!!! I'm upvoting you when I can!

4 hours ago, Messydesk said:

since it goes with his use of bendalloy, but also with his habit of picking up accents.

I hadn't even thought of that when I made it! Excellent interpretation! :D

Knowing that someone would be willing to put one of my songs on their mp3 player is an honor to hear. Thank you for listening. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A few more low-quality, phone-recorded Mistborn songs. :P (Sorry for double-posting, but I want to get these out there!)

First is a more vague one. In Bands of Mourning, Wayne pays a minstrel to play a favorite song of his called "The Last Breath" as he's walking down the street on his journey to Ranette's house. But you can't hear a song in a book, so I decided to give it some sound. And since Wayne heard it playing on the pianoforte when he first met Ranette, I'm giving you the piano version as well as the guitar version. (Maybe some day, I'll take it farther and add lyrics, why not? And I might orchestrate it into a BoM main theme, but we'll see.)

The next song has nothing to do with that. It's a serious one. This next one is made for the climax of Hero of Ages, right after Elend dies and Vin sacrifices herself to kill Ruin. The song makes more sense thematically if you've heard the previous songs about Vin and Elend. Obviously, it is titled "Ruin's Downfall; Vin's Sacrifice".

The Last Breath (Guitar Version).m4a

The Last Breath (Pianoforte Version).m4a

Ruin's Downfall; Vin's Sacrifice.m4a

There are most certainly more songs to come, but I rarely have the quiet time to record them what with my family around home and all, plus I'm still working on getting them right. But I still have more Mistborn songs up my sleeve, just you wait!

Sneak peek mention of them: a song for Vin and Kelsier sneaking into Kredik Shaw and getting caught, a song for Vin chasing and fighting Shan Elariel, a song for the Siege of Luthadel once the koloss break through, a song for Sazed realizing he's, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages (very much still in development), and a song for Vin breaking through Kredik Shaw's stained-glass window to attack the Lord Ruler (very short, very much still in the works). And more to come eventually.

18 hours ago, Apollyon said:

Ah, Firerust, what've you done! I've got The Last Breath stuck in my head now! :P

17 hours ago, Mistspren said:

These are all amazing, Firerust. You compose just as well as you write, which is a huge compliment in my book. I can’t wait to hear more.

Both of those are two of the biggest compliments I could possibly receive. Thank you so much. :lol:

Yay! Glad you liked it! And by the way, I have one more song ready to drop off here for all of you now.

This is "Koloss Breach", made for that scene in WoA where the koloss finally break through and start killing everyone, and it's the most hectic and hopeless part of the book. I feel like it deserves a similarly hopeless track to go with it.

Koloss Breach.m4a

Apologies once again for the necessary double post, but I have a couple more offerings! I had hoped to bring more, but some of these songs are surprisingly hard to play, and be played good enough for a recording. Which is weird, since I made them. Whatever. I'm working on them. Here are two more.

First is the intro to a song titled "They Shall Fear Us", so named for the scene at the climax of Hero of Ages where Elend utters those words right before he, Demoux, and their Seer army charge out to fight the koloss. Vin watches in terror as Elend seemingly charges to his death, and... suddenly he and his army flare atium and begin the epic hours-long fight scene. I'm still working on the rest of it, but here's the beginning of it for now.

This next one is also named after a particular quote, this one from the happy ending of the very end of the prologue of The Final Empire, where Vin goes to meet Elend again and tell him, "You read too much". Ideally, this song is directly followed by the Mistborn Suite (see OP), which serves as an end-credits song of sorts.

They Shall Fear Us (Intro).m4a

You Read Too Much.m4a

Yes, they're all still works in progress, but I want to share them as they are now at the least.

If there ever is a mistborn movie, I hope they use these songs. After re-listening, how much of the atmosphere and feeling you captured, I think it would be hard to rival any of this in what mistborn is supposed to be.

Edit: upload this to youtube if you can. Then mobile users can access it easier.

Edited by Inklingspren