City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

The threat was so obvious, Lusk's eyes cold, his words short as if for a simpler mind. Like ice water they ran over Mike's body and he lowered his eyes, Wolf receding quietly. There was only one possible answer, although it tasted like ash in his mouth. "I will try to keep them in check, sir." He replied, the words not a lie, but empty. He'd lost that fight somewhere between the Alley and the crashing buildings of the last war, he had given up fighting, just tried to keep Fox and Snake at bay, fighting a loosing battle, retreating more and more. There was nobody to talk to, nobody to listen and so he only added. "I won't let them endanger the mission, sir."

The mission. Maybe a purpose would help, something to do, to propell him onwards. Maybe. Lusk would terminate him if he failed and maybe that was the right thing to do. Get rid of him, as long as he hadn't destroyed it all.

Turning to Nila he gestured towards the door. "Can you lead the way?"

@Oduim’s Chmapion

"Of course dear," She said with a smile. "Follow me." She walked out of the room. @Sorana @I think I am here. @kenod

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

...Language, my dude. What is up with that grammar.

Deal with it. I was rushing.

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

Why was the symbolism line important enough to warrant a spot in the summary 

It just was

53 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Do you want to set the scene in the bleeding spike thread, post there first?

Sure

• 1 month later...

Zokora closed her eyes again, and forced herself to relax her shoulders and arms. She was stressed, and anxious and she absolutely hated days when everything went shouth. Today was such a day. She read through the text in front of her a last time and then finally, sent it. It was short, maybe lacked information, but then it was mostly supposed to inform them and nothing more. She had tried to contact Lusk and Lord Arkos immediatly, but in the end it had taken her some time to find out where they were. Still, she felt positive that her messages should reach them.

Spoiler

Dear Lusk, Dear Lord Arkos,

I contact you on behalf of Althea. The expedition organized by ACE found a cave full of atium. The DA is there as well, as are most likely some spies of TUBA. There is no decision what to do with it - but all parties agree that it has to be distributed in a way that prevents another war.

Zokora

With a sigh she opened her next message, wrote a quick reply and then continued, assigend some of the tastks to other members, some to herself and some she simply sent over to Althea. She could decide a part, but not everything and she wasn't going to step into fire and put herself into the first row. After she sent the last message, she was about to get up, talk to some members, so that she could cross of these points off her list, when another message arrived. Rolling her eyes she opened it without even sitting down again, mostly to get rid of it in her inbox, when she saw who it was from.

Deteca. She hadn't heard of her in a while, suspected that the other woman was as busy as she was and that made her reply even more precious. Smiling she settled into her stool completely again and started to type a reply.

Spoiler

Dear Deteca,

I am glad to hear that you are alright and I would love to see you again. Things have been so busy these days - I can't even remember when I last took my lunchbreak instead of skipping. Meeting in Mac's place sounds great - it should be as neutral as we can get in the city and I could maybe get something to eat there as well.

I have to finish some things here first, but maybe this afternoon? I should be done by then, at least with the part of things I can't push off until tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and hopefully until later.

Your friend,

Zokora

@Ookla the Roleplayer @Ookla the Maybe-Existent @Ookla the Dog Hater

Edited by Ookla the Dreamer

On 10/21/2019 at 4:37 AM, Ookla the Dreamer said:

Dear Deteca,

I am glad to hear that you are alright and I would love to see you again. Things have been so busy these days - I can't even remember when I last took my lunchbreak instead of skipping. Meeting in Mac's place sounds great - it should be as neutral as we can get in the city and I could maybe get something to eat there as well.

I have to finish some things here first, but maybe this afternoon? I should be done by then, at least with the part of things I can't push off until tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to hear from you and hopefully until later.

Your friend,

Zokora 

Retconned to fit ^_^ 

After sending her email, Deteca did all that stuff I said in the TUBA thread so on and so forth, then stopped and read this answer and sent her own before the atium news hit her. 

She’d used the word friend. Deteca smiled softly, then wrote back simply, Zokora, that sounds good. Until this afternoon. Your friend Deteca.