Lord Oryx Meeker

City of Oasis

1,435 posts in this topic

Mike slowly stepped into the room, looked at the corpse and plucked out the dart. "It's the same one, than the one they used earlier." He stated and lifted it up for Mari und Lusk to see. The stench of the blood made squirrel gag and he quickly stepped back from the corpse, nearly pushed the dart into Mari's hands, wiping his fingers clean on a curtain. Still the stench remained in the room and he felt squirrel flee, hide in the darkness. Mike yelped in surprise, at the sudden change, he hadn't known that it was that easy to scare squirrel away, but then it made sense. Squirrel hadn't been there during the battle either, had only appeared when there was no other chance. For a moment he was alone. Then fox surged, and Mike's posture changed when Fox took the room in, looked around. His eyes rested on the dart again. Mike tried to push him away, to remain in control, but he had no chance.

"What's the symbol?" He asked and stepped closer, his eyes changing as well when Fox took over nearly completely. Hunting. "Mike recognizes it." Fox stated and bent forward, close the Mari's hands to take a look at it. "A company, close to the nothern gate. Mike passed it, on his way here."

@kenod @I think I am here.

A company, Lusk nodded, wordlessly walked behind Mike - or whatever animal was possessing him currently.

“Do we still want to try and capture the Violin player?” He asked. “Or are we following this new lead?”

What if we captured Vio and in interrogation he revealed how the base is hidden behind the store/factory? Could be fun to RP an interrogation.

1 minute ago, I think I am here. said:

What if we captured Vio and in interrogation he revealed how the base is hidden behind the store/factory? Could be fun to RP an interrogation.

I like the idea. What do you think Oduim? It's your character?

@Oduim’s Chmapion

I have something planned for you if you try to capture Vio. If you succeed then ya It will be a fun interrogation so go ahead and try.

On 15.10.2019 at 8:11 AM, I think I am here. said:

A company, Lusk nodded, wordlessly walked behind Mike - or whatever animal was possessing him currently.

“Do we still want to try and capture the Violin player?” He asked. “Or are we following this new lead?”

Fox turned to him, sensed an opening. The leading one was weak, unable to form a decision. It meant his territory was ripe to take. "We can check the factory on our way out." He used Mike's voice to form a reply. The boy was observant, Fox liked that about him. "If the violin player has its den in the tavern, he will still be there, otherwise he is gone already, no matter if we leave now or in half an hour."

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

Fox turned to him, sensed an opening. The leading one was weak, unable to form a decision. It meant his territory was ripe to take. "We can check the factory on our way out." He used Mike's voice to form a reply. The boy was observant, Fox liked that about him. "If the violin player has its den in the tavern, he will still be there, otherwise he is gone already, no matter if we leave now or in half an hour."

Nila smiled she had done her job well. "Well then," She said. "Lets go." She quickly let Avalon take control as he was better suited for this type of thing.

Avalon flowed back into his body thankful for Nila's gift. "He will try to escape, he has many tools at his dispose," Avalon said. "We need to present him with a case where any way he moves he'll be fought. He is very non-combative like me." Avalon looked at the group around him. "So what do you say."  

Mari looked at Avalon as he was talking. That's it, she thought when he was explaining even more about the suspect. She calmly walked up next to him, then suddenly reached out to flip him over, trying to throw him onto the ground.

Avalon flipped up and over onto the floor. He gasped breathing in stormlight. "Storms woman." He yelled. "What was that for? Do you want to die?" He felt Nila pushing at him trying to break free of his grip. He steadied himself and started to rise to his feet.

30 minutes ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Avalon flipped up and over onto the floor. He gasped breathing in stormlight. "Storms woman." He yelled. "What was that for? Do you want to die?" He felt Nila pushing at him trying to break free of his grip. He steadied himself and started to rise to his feet.

Mari quickly knelt down, grabbing his arms and tapping iron to keep him there. "Don't move," she said in a calm tone. "If you move I'll break your arms. If you inhale stormlight I'll continue until you run out." She took a breath, pausing to let the man understand her. "Now you'll be telling us about how exactly you know so much information about our suspect."

"His aunt gave me the condition I currently have, the aunt's name is Hydries La aka Shattermind. She is an epic with mind shattering abilities. I hate her with every part of my being." He gave control to Nila. 

Nila transformed her body. "I followed Shattermind here to get revenge. I have been spying up on her and then I learned she had a nephew. This nephew was an extraordinary violinist I had heard. Shattermind works at the tavern I told you about earlier The Bleeding Spike. That's How I know so much about this." Nila took a breath. "Dear," She said to the woman holding her. "I could vaproise you in an instant if I wanted to." Smiling Nila went on. "However I don't want to kill you." Avalon joined her in the next words that came out of her mouth two voices coming out of one body. "I want to kill the one who did this, but first I want to hurt them the way they hurt me." Nila looked at the girl holding her down. "NOw would you please get off of me!?"

Also my I say I was quite impressed with that willingness to hold a Dustbringer

7 hours ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

"His aunt gave me the condition I currently have, the aunt's name is Hydries La aka Shattermind. She is an epic with mind shattering abilities. I hate her with every part of my being." He gave control to Nila. 

Nila transformed her body. "I followed Shattermind here to get revenge. I have been spying up on her and then I learned she had a nephew. This nephew was an extraordinary violinist I had heard. Shattermind works at the tavern I told you about earlier The Bleeding Spike. That's How I know so much about this." Nila took a breath. "Dear," She said to the woman holding her. "I could vaproise you in an instant if I wanted to." Smiling Nila went on. "However I don't want to kill you." Avalon joined her in the next words that came out of her mouth two voices coming out of one body. "I want to kill the one who did this, but first I want to hurt them the way they hurt me." Nila looked at the girl holding her down. "NOw would you please get off of me!?"

Fox knelt down next to her, easily changed when he handed control over to Snake. Snake tasted the air with her split tongue and tilted her head at Nila. "Shapechanger." She hissed and shook her head. "There is more. More to this. You know more, you hide something. Even if she shattered her mind, she wouldn't have shattered your body, and vaporise her, no Radiant can change their body."

Snake easily used Mike's knowledge to speak, looked through his memories, through his fears to form sentences, looked for clues. Snake disliked the withering worm on the ground. They were weak. You didn't let yourself get grounded like that. Mari was definitely the stronger one.

--.--

Squid wrapped itself around his arm and Mike watched in in silence, as the little one tried to comfort him. Snake and Fox were gone, handing control over between the two of them and there was nothing he could do about it. He'd tried fighting them, he'd tried to get back control, but it hadn't worked and so he just sat there, in the darkness, watched as Snake vanished and Fox returned instead. Fox languishly walked over to him, his steps slow and meassured. Mike made a grimace, but stayed where he was, didn't move at all. Fox sniffed his face, sat down in front of him and Mike only stared back, wished that he could make him vanish, leave him alone. Fox tilted his head to the side, then he turned his ears a little, as if to force Mike to look at him, to admire him, accept him. "Leave." Mike hissed but Fox only seemed to laugh at him and turned around, walked away. Squirrel hopped onto his shoulder and Mike sighed, rested his chin on his knees while Squid floated over, seemed to hug him. He could do nothing but wait.

On the border of the darkness, there where he could barely perceive something he saw salmon. Slowly the fish swam this way and that way, his movements slow, but entrancing.

Edited by Sorana

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

Fox knelt down next to her, easily changed when he handed control over to Snake. Snake tasted the air with her split tongue and tilted her head at Nila. "Shapechanger." She hissed and shook her head. "There is more. More to this. You know more, you hide something. Even if she shattered her mind, she wouldn't have shattered your body, and vaporise her, no Radiant can change their body."

Snake easily used Mike's knowledge to speak, looked through his memories, through his fears to form sentences, looked for clues. Snake disliked the withering worm on the ground. They were weak. You didn't let yourself get grounded like that. Mari was definitely the stronger one.

--.--

Squid wrapped itself around his arm and Mike watched in in silence, as the little one tried to comfort him. Snake and Fox were gone, handing control over between the two of them and there was nothing he could do about it. He'd tried fighting them, he'd tried to get back control, but it hadn't worked and so he just sat there, in the darkness, watched as Snake vanished and Fox returned instead. Fox languishly walked over to him, his steps slow and meassured. Mike made a grimace, but stayed where he was, didn't move at all. Fox sniffed his face, sat down in front of him and Mike only stared back, wished that he could make him vanish, leave him alone. Fox tilted his head to the side, then he turned his ears a little, as if to force Mike to look at him, to admire him, accept him. "Leave." Mike hissed but Fox only seemed to laugh at him and turned around, walked away. Squirrel hopped onto his shoulder and Mike sighed, rested his chin on his knees while Squid floated over, seemed to hug him. He could do nothing but wait.

On the border of the darkness, there where he could barely perceive something he saw salmon. Slowly the fish swam this way and that way, his movements slow, but entrancing.

Nila sighed. "Well this one did, and apparently as a form of stormlight healing I can change by body to mach the current personality I'm in. I don't fully understand it. I have given you what I know of them. Yes, she shattered my mind, and if I felt like it I could kill you all. Like I said before I don't. If you think I'm working for this new guild. The Uninvested was it. Then your wrong. I do however want to murder most of it's members. @Sorana

Edited by Oduim’s Chmapion

“Of course you wouldn’t work for the UnInvested,” he said and looked to Mike and Mari like it was obvious. “He’s Invested. That goes against their main rule.” Though, that Mari one was smart. And strong. Lusk made sure to remember that, changing his gaze from her to Mike. His personality changed so often, or was that the animals? Lusk doubted animals even had a personality. Yet, they controlled the boy. Spoke through his body.

“Alright TwoFace, Beast Boy and...” he tried to think of a nickname for Mari. None came to mind. “Mari. The Bleeding Spike isn’t too far away, let’s quit attacking each other and capture that violin player.” Walking towards the bar he looked back to Mike.

“And whoever’s in charge over there, we need to talk.” Mike might have been a Ghostblood, but what about the animals? Lusk couldn’t have rogue personalities ruining his mission.

10 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“And whoever’s in charge over there, we need to talk.” Mike might have been a Ghostblood, but what about the animals? Lusk couldn’t have rogue personalities ruining his mission.

Snake hissed, when Fox reminded her, that the leading one was weak and she paused, head moving this way and that way, when she considered to strike, to get rid of the leading one.

Mike yelped in fear, when he realized what Snake was about to, what she considered and he jumped, reached out for her. She evaded his grip, and suddenly he found himself opposing Fox, staring into its eyes, into the cruel, cold, intelligent eyes. Fox came closer, pushed him away from Snake, and Mike crawled backwards, away from him. His heart beat in fear, when Fox followed him. Wolf jumped.

Wolf gave Nila a curt look and then stood up, obidiently followed Lusk over to the bar. His body shifted accordingly, now displaying ears, eyes and the sharp teeth of a wolf, his movement's of a calm elegance. "Sir?" Wolf asked, easily accepting Lusk as superior.

Mari nodded, releasing Nila. "My apologies for the sudden attack," she said. "Though since you are familiar with our suspect, could you tell us everything you know? It should help with formulating plans." She studied her, waiting for an answer. She wasn't entirely convinced about the whole explanation, but if Lusk was willing to accept it she had no reason to continue suspecting her.

Avalon took control. "Of course you are forgiven. However Nila might vapoise the next person who tries to do that." 

4 minutes ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Avalon took control. "Of course you are forgiven. However Nila might vapoise the next person who tries to do that." 

Mari stared at him. "She'd still need to breath in Stormlight first," she pointed out. "And even then doing that will require focus, never mind the fact that you'd exhaust your storage pretty quickly that way. Speaking from experience, trying to use Division against hand-to-hand combatants doesn't work that well, unless you have a lot of experience, and even then an opponent can use feints and similar techniques to deal with it."

4 hours ago, kenod said:

Mari stared at him. "She'd still need to breath in Stormlight first," she pointed out. "And even then doing that will require focus, never mind the fact that you'd exhaust your storage pretty quickly that way. Speaking from experience, trying to use Division against hand-to-hand combatants doesn't work that well, unless you have a lot of experience, and even then an opponent can use feints and similar techniques to deal with it."

Avalon smiled.

Mari simply looked at him. "You were going to tell us about our suspect." She prompted Avalon. She wondered what exactly he'd know about the violin player, it seemed he had investigated him to at least some extant, so that should be useful. "It seems you have a decent amount of knowledge of him," she continued. "I'm guessing you've investigated him at some point? Also, you said that this Epic you were chasing worked at the same place our suspect is hiding. Would they be a threat?"

3 hours ago, kenod said:

Mari simply looked at him. "You were going to tell us about our suspect." She prompted Avalon. She wondered what exactly he'd know about the violin player, it seemed he had investigated him to at least some extant, so that should be useful. "It seems you have a decent amount of knowledge of him," she continued. "I'm guessing you've investigated him at some point? Also, you said that this Epic you were chasing worked at the same place our suspect is hiding. Would they be a threat?"

Avalon glanced at the woman who had attacked him. "Yes, Nila and I were investigating him for a potential hit. I know he has many gagets that make him seem invested. Hence him flying out of here. His most prized possession is that violin of his. Shattermind the epic is a barmaid there. She shouldn't be a problem"

Lusk watched Mari and Avalon talk and made a note to ask what intel they had on Vio as he turned his attention to Mike. Well, not Mike, but whatever animal currently was possessing him. His eyes and teeth spoke of some carnivorous animal, the ears tipped Lusk off that it was a wolf, or some sort of similar animal.

“We are on a very important mission,” he said, trying to summarise his message in a way that would hopefully be easy to understand.

“I’m asking politely, for you to keep yourself and the other animals in there in check. Someone killed people who was apart of our organisation, and we can’t go on without tracking the perpetrators down to bring justice, before they kill any more. I can’t afford the chance that you or your kin will sabotage the mission, so I’ll only ask once. Understand?”

29 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“I’m asking politely, for you to keep yourself and the other animals in there in check. Someone killed people who was apart of our organisation, and we can’t go on without tracking the perpetrators down to bring justice, before they kill any more. I can’t afford the chance that you or your kin will sabotage the mission, so I’ll only ask once. Understand?”

The threat was so obvious, Lusk's eyes cold, his words short as if for a simpler mind. Like ice water they ran over Mike's body and he lowered his eyes, Wolf receding quietly. There was only one possible answer, although it tasted like ash in his mouth. "I will try to keep them in check, sir." He replied, the words not a lie, but empty. He'd lost that fight somewhere between the Alley and the crashing buildings of the last war, he had given up fighting, just tried to keep Fox and Snake at bay, fighting a loosing battle, retreating more and more. There was nobody to talk to, nobody to listen and so he only added. "I won't let them endanger the mission, sir."

The mission. Maybe a purpose would help, something to do, to propell him onwards. Maybe. Lusk would terminate him if he failed and maybe that was the right thing to do. Get rid of him, as long as he hadn't destroyed it all.

Turning to Nila he gestured towards the door. "Can you lead the way?"

@Oduim’s Chmapion

Edited by Sorana

Ah, poor Mike :( I wonder if he’ll try to use the ring Wes gave him?

“Good,” Lusk said. That was one task done. Now, onto the assassin. Turning his head he stared at the Bleeding Spike.

“I can change my age. He probably doesn’t know my power so it can make a disguise good enough to get close.” He looked to Avalon. “You say he keeps trying to evade rather than attack. So we each cover an exit, so he has no where to run.”

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Ah, poor Mike :( I wonder if he’ll try to use the ring Wes gave him?

Can he even use it? I thought it was just for fluff, tbh.