City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“But if you’re right and he is there...”

Lusk pointed at Mike.

“His descriptions can help us identify him. We can ambush him, capture him, then interrogate him about the spikes. He should know details about them, he was the one who fired them. Let’s just hope he doesn’t kill himself like this girl did.” He gestured to Forr.

Mike nodded hastily, his hands clutching each other.

"Of course, I should recognize him." He wished Porcupine was here, she would know how to behave in a way, that appeared harmless. He fidgeted a bit, then looked at Mari.

"What are you specialized on?"

@kenod

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Mike nodded hastily, his hands clutching each other.

"Of course, I should recognize him." He wished Porcupine was here, she would know how to behave in a way, that appeared harmless. He fidgeted a bit, then looked at Mari.

"What are you specialized on?"

@kenod

Mari looked at him for a second. "Assassination," she said in a cold tone, "hand-to-hand combat."

I'm assuming that's a specialization? I've got no real clue if you use a specific specialization thingy in the Ghostbloods.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:53 AM, I think I am here. said:

“And why would he be there?” Lusk said, walking forward. By now the stage was practically empty, the public had been evacuated in case of further danger. Just a safety precaution, but it was already obvious that the nature of this attack was not mass murder or terrorism, it was careful calculation, a statement.

We can murder your own high rank, in your own party, using your own techniques.

“But if you’re right and he is there...”

Lusk pointed at Mike.

“His descriptions can help us identify him. We can ambush him, capture him, then interrogate him about the spikes. He should know details about them, he was the one who fired them. Let’s just hope he doesn’t kill himself like this girl did.” He gestured to Forr.

Nila looked around the room. “Don’t worry,”she said. “He wolnt kill himself.”

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Were there other NPCs in this group? I feel like there were, but can't remember if Althea or Zokora called any over.

Zokora. And She called everybody over who wanted OOC to be called over. So feel free to have been called over.

20 hours ago, kenod said:

Mari looked at him for a second. "Assassination," she said in a cold tone, "hand-to-hand combat."

Mike nodded. "Me to. But I fight with a knife." For a while he was silent, tried to understand how things had gone so terribly wrong, then he straightened up. There wasn't much for him to do, but he could follow his orders and help solve this. Surprised at his own thought, because it was his own, and didn't belong to an animal he looked over at Lusk.

"It's your call, sir. We should be enough to get hold of one person."

@I think I am here.

16 hours ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Nila looked around the room. “Don’t worry,”she said. “He wolnt kill himself.”

“Why do you say that?” called that one GB in the corner. 

Sorana, why do you have to make me emotional about Mike! Ahhh. 

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

“It's your call, sir. We should be enough to get hold of one person."

Lusk looked around, then cursed.

“We’ll go to the Bleeding Spike. We don’t have any other leads, and you’re right, it’s four against one. Even if he’s an assassin, we’re assassins too.” And better assassins, but now was not the time to try and brag about how skilled the Ghostbloods were, at one of their own murder investigations.

“Now, does anyone know where that rusting bar is?”

Ethan creaked open the door, and looked inside at the group assembled there. He squinted, trying to remember who was who. He was pretty sure they were all Ghostbloods though, except for dead girl on the ground, were they the assassin? He walked up over to them, scowling. 

"I heard what happened. Is she the one who killed him?" He asked, gesturing to the girl.

Edited by Lord Furret

18 hours ago, Lord Furret said:

"I heard what happened. Is she the one who killed him?" He asked, gesturing to the girl.

"Who are you?" Mike asked and his voice dropped when Wolf surged forward, his words rumbling out of his throat. He moved between Mari, Lusk and the Newcomer, wolf trying to protect those he knew. He didn't reach for his knives, Wolf prefered to fight without them and he stared at the man for a moment, until he managed to gain a sliver of control again. Wolf moved backwards, but he could feel him waiting, observing, ready to act should the man be a threat.

"I know the bar." he added, without looking away from the man. He'd planed to go there with Seom. Before he had lost Porcupine. Comfortingly Squip wrapped itself around his hand and Mike smiled at the sensation. He liked Squid. Squid and Squirrel, the two kept him sane.

@I think I am here.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"Who are you?" Mike asked and his voice dropped when Wolf surged forward, his words rumbling out of his throat. He moved between Mari, Lusk and the Newcomer, wolf trying to protect those he knew. He didn't reach for his knives, Wolf prefered to fight without them and he stared at the man for a moment, until he managed to gain a sliver of control again. Wolf moved backwards, but he could feel him waiting, observing, ready to act should the man be a threat.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Calm down, wolf-man. I'm on your side." he responded, tone condescending. 

"So, you gonna give me details on what the hell happened, or should I just stand here confused?

Edited by Lord Furret

1 minute ago, Lord Furret said:

Evan rolled his eyes. "Calm down, wolf-man. I'm on your side." he responded, tone condescending. 

"So, you gonna give me details on what the hell happened, or should I just stand here confused?

Mari looked at him, wondering which areas he needed to be filled in on. The chances of him not knowing about the assassination were slim, but it might be best to add that too. "People assassinated Mr. Itiah," she said brusquely. "The dead girl was part of them, said they were the Uninvested. We're currently discussing how to arrest our main lead."

“And now we have a location,” Lusk said, walking next to Mike. He looked towards the new person who’d arrived, narrowing his eyes. Spy, or ally? No, no spy would ever make themselves so obvious to the Ghostbloods.

“You’re coming with us,” Lusk said. “We need whatever people we can get to solve this. You, Mike,” he said, remembering that little rant on the stage. Lusk began to walk forward.

“Lead the way.”

Let’s switch threads to The Bleeding Spike.

@Sorana @kenod @Lord Furret @Oduim’s Chmapion

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Lead the way.”

Mike flinched when Lusk stressed his name like that, and instinctively lowered his eyes. Squirrel hopped onto a stool, her feet, no his feet, their feet almost silent when he blanced over the stood and then jumped back down to the ground, he movements fluid and quick. Squirrel missed her trees. Humans buildings were boring.

With an internal scream Mike rushed back into his own body and took control again. Embarressed he continued to look to the ground, while he walked through the huge room, and along its sides. Several smaller rooms were there, and his ears could pick up voices. Ghostbloods, some scared, others slaborating over longer theories what had happened. As if they knew. They had no idea, how the Uninvested were able to come here, to take over like that. To kill Mr. Itiah. Mike felt a pang of loss when he remembered the man, the one person that had been nice to him. And Wes. But Wes had fled and he had scared Seom away. Mike didn't really watch where he went, instead he froze when he suddenly heard a familiar voice. The assistant. She was standing in one of the adjacent rooms, talking.

"...important, that we find out how they got in. If it's traitors, or if the barrier isn't working correctly. Lusk and some Underlings will look into the matter, but I'd like for another team to look into the matter as well- " A scream echoed out of the room and Mike jumped in surprise, whirled around to see if the others had heard it as well. A woman rushed out of the room in front of him, her eyes panicked. Slowly he edged closer to see what had happened.

@I think I am here. @Truthless of Shinovar @AonEne @Oduim’s Chmapion

@kenod

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

Mike flinched when Lusk stressed his name like that, and instinctively lowered his eyes. Squirrel hopped onto a stool, her feet, no his feet, their feet almost silent when he blanced over the stood and then jumped back down to the ground, he movements fluid and quick. Squirrel missed her trees. Humans buildings were boring.

With an internal scream Mike rushed back into his own body and took control again. Embarressed he continued to look to the ground, while he walked through the huge room, and along its sides. Several smaller rooms were there, and his ears could pick up voices. Ghostbloods, some scared, others slaborating over longer theories what had happened. As if they knew. They had no idea, how the Uninvested were able to come here, to take over like that. To kill Mr. Itiah. Mike felt a pang of loss when he remembered the man, the one person that had been nice to him. And Wes. But Wes had fled and he had scared Seom away. Mike didn't really watch where he went, instead he froze when he suddenly heard a familiar voice. The assistant. She was standing in one of the adjacent rooms, talking.

"...important, that we find out how they got in. If it's traitors, or if the barrier isn't working correctly. Lusk and some Underlings will look into the matter, but I'd like for another team to look into the matter as well- " A scream echoed out of the room and Mike jumped in surprise, whirled around to see if the others had heard it as well. A woman rushed out of the room in front of him, her eyes panicked. Slowly he edged closer to see what had happened.

@I think I am here. @Truthless of Shinovar @AonEne @Oduim’s Chmapion

@kenod

Mari looked at Mike, wondering what he was doing. She followed him as he walked through the room, walking a short distance behind him to give him some space. Suddenly a scream came from one of the rooms. She turned towards it, and saw a man inside aiming a gun at Mike. Immediately she started dashing towards him, storing all her weight each time her feet left the ground, crossing meters with every step.

On 10.10.2019 at 5:56 PM, kenod said:

Mari looked at Mike, wondering what he was doing. She followed him as he walked through the room, walking a short distance behind him to give him some space. Suddenly a scream came from one of the rooms. She turned towards it, and saw a man inside aiming a gun at Mike. Immediately she started dashing towards him, storing all her weight each time her feet left the ground, crossing meters with every step.

Mike yelped in surprise when suddenly a gun was pointed at him. Mari attacked, but instead of reacting, he lifted his hands in defense. "What?" he asked, "I'm not a threat." His voice sounded weak, insecure. He wished for Porcupine, she would know what to do, but instead nothing came forward. There was only a slight feeling of peace, of another way, but the pistol, the fear in his chest immediatly overlay that feeling and he tried to figure out what to do.

@Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike yelped in surprise when suddenly a gun was pointed at him. Mari attacked, but instead of reacting, he lifted his hands in defense. "What?" he asked, "I'm not a threat." His voice sounded weak, insecure. He wished for Porcupine, she would know what to do, but instead nothing came forward. There was only a slight feeling of peace, of another way, but the pistol, the fear in his chest immediatly overlay that feeling and he tried to figure out what to do.

@Sherlock Holmes

The man's mouth twisted. "Really?" Then he grinned and dropped the gun. A huge cloud of smoke enveloped him, Mike, and Mari, and he was gone.

Lusk growled and jumped forward but by the time he was there the man was already gone, the gun the only proof he had ever been there at all. Well, the gun and the dead body. Carefully Lusk stepped beside the gun and kneeled down.

“A fingerprint scanner would do well here. That, and any descriptions we can get of his face.”

He stared up and Mike and Mari. “You okay?” He asked, pretending not to care. Storming underlings.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, I think I am here. said:

Lusk growled and jumped forward but by the time he was there the man was already gone, the gun the only proof he had ever been there at all. Well, the gun and the dead body. Carefully Lusk stepped beside the gun and kneeled down.

“A fingerprint scanner would do well here. That, and any descriptions we can get of his face.”

He stared up and Mike and Mari. “You okay?” He asked, pretending not to care. Storming underlings.

Mari gave a silent nod. "Does anyone know who the victim is?" She asked. A hint of frustration crept into her voice. Another person had died, and nothing they were doing had any effect in stopping it. Even worse, normally she would have loved a task like this, a job where she didn't have to kill anyone. But this was just turning into a confusing mess where she had no idea what to do.

On 12.10.2019 at 2:29 PM, I think I am here. said:

“You okay?” He asked, pretending not to care. Storming underlings.

Mike nodded, stepped a bit back. Lusk had seen him unable to do anything. At least Mari had reacted, had done something. He had only stood there, stuttered something about not being a threat. Slowly he stepped towards the room and took a perk inside, tried to see what had happened.

@Sherlock Holmes

There was the dead body, of course. It was limp against the table in the room, still sitting in a chair. He'd bled out less than a minute ago. A rather obvious dart was in his eye, the same as the one used on Mr. Itiah, and both could be traced to a manufacturing company native to Oasis City.