City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

“No,” Forr said, though she could. 

"I see," Mari slowly said. "Maybe you could start telling us what you know about how Mr. Itiah got killed? Given how close to the stage you were you would have seen at least something, after all."

1 minute ago, kenod said:

"I see," Mari slowly said. "Maybe you could start telling us what you know about how Mr. Itiah got killed? Given how close to the stage you were you would have seen at least something, after all."

This was dangerous territory. Forr considered, then said, “Well, he was stabbed by spikes, right? Maybe that was how he died. Sounds like that’s a pretty fatal form of magic.” Had her voice gone too resentful there at the end? All this Investiture stuff sounded fatal to her. Ugh. 

Just now, AonEne said:

This was dangerous territory. Forr considered, then said, “Well, he was stabbed by spikes, right? Maybe that was how he died. Sounds like that’s a pretty fatal form of magic.” Had her voice gone too resentful there at the end? All this Investiture stuff sounded fatal to her. Ugh. 

Mari looked at Forr, thinking about what she had said. She wasn't aware of any spikes, or the use of magic. Non of the others had mentioned them either. "Magic?" She asked.

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

"Was it Hemolergy?" Nila asked taking control and switching genders.

Edited by That Violin Guy

"She's lying." Mike hissed violently "Hemalurgy doesn't work like that. You can't just kill someone like that and then claim, that it was hemalurgy." He narrowed his eyes at the girl.

"Why did you start talking about that anyway? To me it seems like like you bring up one of the most gruesome forms of Investiture, to cover up on the fact, that maybe you indeed know something about the assassination."

He stared at her, his eyes changing to Wolf's when he felt him press against his own will. Wolf was angry, near to furious. The girl, and maybe some others had attacked them, had attacked his pack. It took Mike a heartbeat to understand that Wolf suddenly extended pack beyond his friends, that pack now were almost everybody around. What good that might do him.

@AonEne

Forr shivered, looking from the older man to the boy with the wolf eyes to the interlocking diamonds burned into the floor. Her eyes stayed on the famous symbol, and her resolve mounted, even in the face of the enemy. This was a symbol she had taught herself to hate. “I’m not a Ghostblood,” she hissed at the man. Her hard anger, collected through the years, turned to the boy glaring at her. “And I wouldn’t know how Hemalurgy works - that’s something you people do.” 

@I think I am here. @Sorana 

Sorry for saying that to Mike, he’s the last person who’d use Hemalurgy. :P 

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

Forr shivered, looking from the older man to the boy with the wolf eyes to the interlocking diamonds burned into the floor. Her eyes stayed on the famous symbol, and her resolve mounted, even in the face of the enemy. This was a symbol she had taught herself to hate. “I’m not a Ghostblood,” she hissed at the man. Her hard anger, collected through the years, turned to the boy glaring at her. “And I wouldn’t know how Hemalurgy works - that’s something you people do.” 

@I think I am here. @Sorana 

Mari looked at Forr. Well, that certainly worked, she thought. "So, you're not a Ghostblood?" She asked. At the same time she started tapping her iron, increasing her weight in case the girl tried something.

22 hours ago, AonEne said:

Mike flinched back, as if hit by a punch. "I don't know how to do it." He whispered, his voice raw and hurt. He only knew what it meant, what it did to people. He stared at the girl, considered to ask her about the Violin player, but stayed silent. Mari was handling the situation, better to let her do it. To throw questions upon questions at the girl wouldn't change anything in the end, one after the other should work better.

Wolf vanished when it became obvious that Mari wasn't in danger, instead her felt quirrel move his head around in a mixture of curiosity and a nervous tick. Who knew if another enemy was close by. The girl had to be a distraction. She seemed too harmless to be more than that.

Edited by Sorana

“Storming right we know how to use it,” Lusk muttered and stomped towards Mr. Itiah’s corpse. The party had been ruined, a high ranking GB was dead and a girl part of the group responsible was hissing at him. Lusk’s patience was wearing thin by the second. Standing over the corpse Lusk ripped out one of the spikes that had been used to impale him and began walking towards the girl.

“Storming right we know how to use it, and I swear to Harmony, the Heralds, or whatever the colours you believe that I’ll spike you right here and now to prove it!” He slammed the spike on the stage next to her, creating reverberations.

“Maybe if you tell us who you work for, we’ll start with the least painful parts first!”

Forr flinched back from the spike, staring at it, then glared up at her questioners and yelled, “I am one of the UnInvested, and we are coming for you!” A perfect calm overtaking her - she had trained for this, it was the right thing to do, she knew it - Forr quickly brought one hand to her lips and swallowed something. 

It worked instantly, and she had no more thoughts as she fell to the floor atop the scorched Ghostblood symbol, body smothering it. 

Please excuse my heavy-handed symbolism attempt there, it felt like a good idea :P 

53 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Forr flinched back from the spike, staring at it, then glared up at her questioners and yelled, “I am one of the UnInvested, and we are coming for you!” A perfect calm overtaking her - she had trained for this, it was the right thing to do, she knew it - Forr quickly brought one hand to her lips and swallowed something. 

It worked instantly, and she had no more thoughts as she fell to the floor atop the scorched Ghostblood symbol, body smothering it. 

Mari watched Forr swallow something, moving to quickly for anyone to react. Immediately she fell down, her body covering the Ghostblood symbol the shapeshifter had created. Still in shock her body moved on its own, checking Forr's body for a pulse. She hadn't even considered what Forr had said before that.

So I'm guessing there won't be a pulse?

Mike yelped in surprise when the girl shouted and then killed herself. He stared at Mari who tried to do something, to save her, at Lusk who had threatened her. They had all threatened her. They had killed her. She had attacked them first. Tiredly he closed his eyes and then spoke.

"Who are the Uninvested?" he let the words hang in the air, just like a petal slowly drifting down. Wes. He wished that Wes was here, that he would stay with them, that he had stayed with him. Wes had understood. He had even liked Porcupine. Feeling distracted he wondered if Wes would have made a difference. Maybe, maybe not. Some things were the way they were.

He picked up another spike and lifted it into the air.

"We should find the one who created them. It could be a clue where we can find them."

=====

@Sherlock Holmes

In case that you want for Tena or Seom to act. Or for the Uninvested to do something.

Symbolism. Lusk had never had a knack for it as some other people had. If you wanted to say something, why not just do it outright? Why all these metaphors and things-representing-other-things and literary word games to get someone to understand a message? Maybe it was just that certain professions that incentivised subtlety, but if they existed Lusk couldn’t find them. He was an assassin, if there was anyone who would have to be subtle it was him.

Tell that to the ‘subtle’ spike you just threatened that girl with, he told himself as the girl dropped dead, body dropping straight onto the Ghostblood symbol burnt on the stage, a nice piece of symbolism that was completely and utterly lost on Lusk. But while the symbolism had escaped him, the girl’s words hadn’t.

The UnInvested.

“We abolished them years ago,” he said, answering Mike’s question but looking at the spike he’d thrusted into the ground, picking it up. “They were a rival assassin guild. Anti-Investiture extremists, more like, but you had to give them credit, they were good.” He stood up. “But we were better. They were wiped out along with our other competitor guilds.”

He turned the spike in his hands. “At least we thought so.”

He looked to Mike again. The kid with the animals. “How would you track these spikes? It’s not like they came with a manufacturer’s seal.”

20 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He looked to Mike again. The kid with the animals. “How would you track these spikes? It’s not like they came with a manufacturer’s seal.”

Mike paled when Lusk adressed him, called him out his brave words.

"I don't know." He shook his head, held the spike up for Mari, Tena and Seom to see. "Did you see something like that before?"

"We could also try to find the Violin Player. I can describe their face." Nervously he looked to the ground, then up at the ceiling. The balkony. It should be easy to climb up there, ignore the situation and just jump, like when he jumped from tree to tree, using his tail to steer, to fly between the clouds.

@kenod

@Sherlock Holmes

21 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Mike paled when Lusk adressed him, called him out his brave words.

"I don't know." He shook his head, held the spike up for Mari, Tena and Seom to see. "Did you see something like that before?"

"We could also try to find the Violin Player. I can describe their face." Nervously he looked to the ground, then up at the ceiling. The balkony. It should be easy to climb up there, ignore the situation and just jump, like when he jumped from tree to tree, using his tail to steer, to fly between the clouds.

@kenod

@Sherlock Holmes

Mari looked at him, her mind still on the lifeless body laying there on the floor. She wondered if there was some way they could have prevented that, handled the situation better. "Don't investigate the violin player," she said, forcing herself to speak. "He will be long gone, and even if we can find and capture him it will take too much time. We need to find out who brought him in, and who brought her in." She gestured to Forr. "That violin player was hired, right? So we should look at who hired him. Even if they weren't in on the plot they would still have information on him. Similarly, we need to find out if the girl was simply an infiltrator or if someone else got her in."

Mari looked at the shapeshifter intently, thinking about what she had just said. She apparently knew the name of the person they were looking for, as well as where they were. Of course, the question was how she knew that, given that they had never discussed the name before, and given that they weren't a Ghostblood it was somewhat strange that she was that familiar with him. "I see,"  Mari said. "Where is that?"

16 hours ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

“A new tavern,” Nila replied. “I believe it is called: The Bleeding Spike.”

“And why would he be there?” Lusk said, walking forward. By now the stage was practically empty, the public had been evacuated in case of further danger. Just a safety precaution, but it was already obvious that the nature of this attack was not mass murder or terrorism, it was careful calculation, a statement.

We can murder your own high rank, in your own party, using your own techniques.

“But if you’re right and he is there...”

Lusk pointed at Mike.

“His descriptions can help us identify him. We can ambush him, capture him, then interrogate him about the spikes. He should know details about them, he was the one who fired them. Let’s just hope he doesn’t kill himself like this girl did.” He gestured to Forr.