City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

5 minutes ago, That Violin Guy said:

Nila looked hurt. 

Avalon regained control transforming his body back to male. "Sorry about my sister," he said. "She's a bit hurt happy." 

Mari looked at him for a bit. "I see," she finally said, releasing his fist. She turned around to the girl. "I suggest you come with us now, and not try anything... stupid," she calmly said.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Mari looked at him for a bit. "I see," she finally said, releasing his fist. She turned around to the girl. "I suggest you come with us now, and not try anything... stupid," she calmly said.

I love how people react to the changes of Avalon/Nila

1 hour ago, kenod said:

One of them is looking at me! ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO PUNCH ME! ONE OF THEM IS STOPPING THE PERSON WHO’S TRYING TO - wait, that’s a good thing. The girl, increasingly panicked as the seconds passed, watched as people moved too-fast and changed their genders around her. They’re magical. They can do scary things. I’m gonna DIE. She stared at the woman speaking to her in utter fear, then finally whispered, “Okay.” 

24 minutes ago, AonEne said:

One of them is looking at me! ONE OF THEM IS GOING TO PUNCH ME! ONE OF THEM IS STOPPING THE PERSON WHO’S TRYING TO - wait, that’s a good thing. The girl, increasingly panicked as the seconds passed, watched as people moved too-fast and changed their genders around her. They’re magical. They can do scary things. I’m gonna DIE. She stared at the woman speaking to her in utter fear, then finally whispered, “Okay.” 

Avalon looked at the girl. He then picked up a chair and used Division to turn it to atoms as a threat.

Mike paled when Lusk arrived, but hurried to answer his question.

"Mr. Itiah got assassinated, sir." He explained, as if the corpse wasn't explanation enough.

Then he walked over to Mari, looked at the girl she was talking to. Slowly he stopped in the girl's back, cutting of her way to escape. He hoped, that he was looking brave and strong, like a Ghostblood was supposed to do, while internally he was cringing at the thought that Lusk was here. Lusk. He wondered what he might do, once he learned of Mike's refusal of the promotion, and he knew he should be afraid, but it was only that. The knowledge, but no fear. Only the urge to hide, but without the fear it felt almost empty.

@I think I am here. @AonEne

"If you're asking it means it was too much." Mari said to Avalon, not even looking at him. Instead, she looked at girl, who had just fainted. She knelt down next to her, first feeling for a pulse. Finding one she looked at Mike. "What do we do with her?" She asked. "Do we leave her here or in some room?"

10 hours ago, kenod said:

"If you're asking it means it was too much." Mari said to Avalon, not even looking at him. Instead, she looked at girl, who had just fainted. She knelt down next to her, first feeling for a pulse. Finding one she looked at Mike. "What do we do with her?" She asked. "Do we leave her here or in some room?"

Mike knelt down as well a protective urge in his stomach.

"Try to wake her up."

Gently he shook her shoulder, his hand covered with fur.

@AonEne

Avalon watched as Mike tried to wake the woman. Nila was pounding inside his head, giving him a headache. Yes, Vio had done his job well, but the dramatic exit would make the man easy to find. There wern't many people that could fly, vaporize things, and play you a song at the same time. 

27 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Mike knelt down as well a protective urge in his stomach.

"Try to wake her up."

Gently he shook her shoulder, his hand covered with fur.

@AonEne

Lusk saw the commotion with the girl and walked slowly froward. Currently, the girl was their only lead, as well as the suspicion of the violinist. Maybe they’d have to consult the public to see if anyone had gotten a good enough physical description of the violinist. But for now, it was just this girl.

Walking forward and looming over Mike and the girl Lusk dropped a small harmonium cube next to them. It was a Rioting cube. Lusk still hadn’t figured out how to manufacture the cubes to Riot specific emotions, so currently it just unleashed a blast of Rioting of everything, perfect to wake someone up.

“Place it against her skin,” Lusk said, walking to where Mr. Itiah had been impaled by multiple spikes.

“They’re specially designed. Maybe we want to see if we can track them to a specific manufacturer?”

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike put on some gloves and placed the cube against the girls skin. 

The girl bolted upright screaming, an Alleystorm of emotions burning through her. Her shouts died as she took in the view before her. EVEN MORE PEOPLE. 

Edited by AonEne

12 hours ago, AonEne said:

The girl bolted upright screaming, an Alleystorm of emotions burning through her. Her shouts died as she took in the view before her. EVEN MORE PEOPLE. 

"Do you want to question her?" Mike asked Mari, his voice sounding raw and constricted. Snake was still tasting the air now and then and he had to fight hard to keep her in check. This was important, he should be strong and confident, but his internal battle ate up so much energy that he nearly cried.

@kenod

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Do you want to question her?" Mike asked Mari, his voice sounding raw and constricted. Snake was still tasting the air now and then and he had to fight hard to keep her in check. This was important, he should be strong and confident, but his internal battle ate up so much energy that he nearly cried.

@kenod

Mari looked at Mike, wondering why she had to do it. Then again, leaving it to the shapeshifter would probably end badly, and Mike didn't look as if he wanted to do it. She gave a quick nod to him, and then started studying the girl, trying to figure out how to approach this.

After a few seconds she knelt down in front of her, looking her in the eyes. "So," she calmly said, "could you tell us your name? It will make the rest of this talk somewhat easier."

@AonEne

8 hours ago, kenod said:

Mari looked at Mike, wondering why she had to do it. Then again, leaving it to the shapeshifter would probably end badly, and Mike didn't look as if he wanted to do it. She gave a quick nod to him, and then started studying the girl, trying to figure out how to approach this.

After a few seconds she knelt down in front of her, looking her in the eyes. "So," she calmly said, "could you tell us your name? It will make the rest of this talk somewhat easier."

@AonEne

The girl breathed in and out hard, trying not to faint again. “Forr,” she whispered. Attempting to get up her courage, she added, “Please don’t hurt me.” 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

The girl breathed in and out hard, trying not to faint again. “Forr,” she whispered. Attempting to get up her courage, she added, “Please don’t hurt me.” 

Mari nodded. "We won't hurt you as long as you cooperate with us, Forr," she said. "Of course, if you don't..." She looked at Forr, trying to figure out what to say next. It was clear that she was scared, but that could easily be explained by what happened before. Of course, Mike had noted that she seemed suspicious before all that happened. She wished she had a chance to ask Mike what had tipped him off, but that wouldn't be possible given the current situation.

In the end she decided to use that fear, and see if she could run a bluff. If it didn't work she'd simply have to improvise. "So, Forr," she said, her voice somewhat colder. "Let's start out by having you tell us what you know about what happened here, shall we?"

34 minutes ago, kenod said:

Mari nodded. "We won't hurt you as long as you cooperate with us, Forr," she said. "Of course, if you don't..." She looked at Forr, trying to figure out what to say next. It was clear that she was scared, but that could easily be explained by what happened before. Of course, Mike had noted that she seemed suspicious before all that happened. She wished she had a chance to ask Mike what had tipped him off, but that wouldn't be possible given the current situation.

In the end she decided to use that fear, and see if she could run a bluff. If it didn't work she'd simply have to improvise. "So, Forr," she said, her voice somewhat colder. "Let's start out by having you tell us what you know about what happened here, shall we?"

Should she do the thing? Yes. She knew she should. This was exactly the type of situation in which you were supposed to. But Forr didn’t want to die. “One of your leaders died,” she said quietly. 

1 minute ago, AonEne said:

Should she do the thing? Yes. She knew she should. This was exactly the type of situation in which you were supposed to. But Forr didn’t want to die. “One of your leaders died,” she said quietly. 

"We're aware," Mari coldly replied. She kept looking Forr in the eyes, waiting until she'd say something else, no emotion visible on her face.

Just now, kenod said:

"We're aware," Mari coldly replied. She kept looking Forr in the eyes, waiting until she'd say something else, no emotion visible on her face.

“And...” She blinked up at the woman. “What else do you want me to say?” 

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“And...” She blinked up at the woman. “What else do you want me to say?” 

Mari looked at Forr, wondering what to do. Should she push further, or should she change tactics? A middle road, perhaps.

"You can't guess?" Mari asked. She tried to make her voice a bit warmer, trying to be a bit less intimidating.

2 minutes ago, kenod said:

Mari looked at Forr, wondering what to do. Should she push further, or should she change tactics? A middle road, perhaps.

"You can't guess?" Mari asked. She tried to make her voice a bit warmer, trying to be a bit less intimidating.

“No,” Forr said, though she could.