City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

He nodded. "Some. I will need help."

A memory flashed into his head.

It kneels. "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse." He pauses a second. "That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium."

It looks up. "So I swear, as the one known as It."

@Sorana

Edited by Ark1002

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

He nodded. "Some. I will need help."

A memory flashed into his head.

It kneels. "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse." He pauses a second. "That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium."

It looks up. "So I swear, as the one known as It."

@Sorana

Zokora gestured for him to kneel down.

"Speak after me."

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse."

He kneeled, again placing his bow and his knife before him.

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely support and defend the Ghostbloods and its decrees against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; to forsake all other guilds and clans within the Alleyverse."

@Sorana

Edited by Ark1002

18 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

He kneeled, again placing his bow and his knife before him.

@Sorana

"That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium."

She went on.

She kept speaking, so he had to think to know what to say.

"That I will bear arms on behalf of the Ghostbloods when required by the Council; that I will gather all information, intelligence, and recruitment (when necessary) when required by the Council; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the Council; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me Adonalsium."

@Sorana

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

She kept speaking, so he had to think to know what to say.

@Sorana

Zokora motioned for him to get to his feet again.

"Welcome to the Ghostbloods Anthony Nightshade."

She gestured to one of the men waiting at the side of the room.

"He will take care of your tattoo. Do you have any questions?"

5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"When can I have a mission?" He said it as he walked towards the man, allowing a small grin to appear on his face.

@Sorana

"When the council decides to send you on one."

She replied curtly and then watched as the man packed out his tools.

"Arm or somewhere else?"

I handed that question over to Meeker.

4 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

I have the answer! If people identify as Ghostblood, it will stay. Kaladin thought of himself as a slave, not a free man, so he couldn't get them.

Bridge four lost their scars with stormlight, but kept the tattoo.

He pointed to the place under his eye, where a tear would fall. "Right here."

@Sorana

5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony stood, rubbing the skin beneath his eye.

Zokora picked up her notebook and nodded at him.

"Jim here will hand out some equipment, if you need any. If you have questions, feel free to ask him."

On 4/13/2019 at 11:42 AM, MacThorstenson said:

Quick question, how does the tattoo deal with spiritual healing? Like Kaladin couldn’t get a bridge 4 tattoo because he would breath in stormlight. I imagine that  gold would have a similar effect  

Basically Kaladin couldn't get the bridge 4 tattoo based upon his perception. Meaning that he thought that he didn't deserve to have it or some other reason. Example: stormlight should have healed his brand but it didn't.

Wob for yah

Questioner

Why doesn't the Stormlight heal Kaladin's slave brands?

Brandon Sanderson

Because, in the cosmere, most healing works by how you perceive yourself.

Calamity release party (Feb. 16, 2016)

The Ghostbloods tattoo works on perception and alignment of the three realms. Theoretically in this case as I dont know if is cannon.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Zokora lead Lusk deep into Oasis, into a part that was reserved for the council and whoever they had granted access.

She opened the door to one of the meeting rooms and then waited for Lusk to step inside.

@I think I am here.

Lusk looked around, he had not seen Oasis in a while, it looked like the rebuilding effort had gone successfully.

He frowned as Zokora led him into a meeting room. He followed her

“You know, if you wanted to excommunicate me this could’ve been done at the Republic.”

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk looked around, he had not seen Oasis in a while, it looked like the rebuilding effort had gone successfully.

He frowned as Zokora led him into a meeting room. He followed her

“You know, if you wanted to excommunicate me this could’ve been done at the Republic.”

Zokora closed the door and frowned at his words.

Stepping over to the table she seated herself.

"What I am going to tell you is confidential. I have your word you will remain silent about it?"

Her voice betrayed nothing of her earlier irritation, it stayed cold and focus on the task at hand.

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Zokora closed the door and frowned at his words.

Stepping over to the table she seated herself.

"What I am going to tell you is confidential. I have your word you will remain silent about it?"

Her voice betrayed nothing of her earlier irritation, it stayed cold and focus on the task at hand.

Lusk noticed the change of tone and focused on her words, his own tone becoming more serious.

“You have my word,” he said, seating himself opposite to her.