City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

On 14/02/2019 at 2:20 AM, Sorana said:

Althea felt another bullet hut her arm and groaned in pain. She teleported to the other side of the room and then changed the air around Sebastian to fire. She was tired, she'd already been tired before she had went to Oasis. She needed to think, to concentrate, but right now she was mostly buying time.

Max had been into motion, trying to get people out of the immediate area when Altheahad elsecalled them all away. Now he could focus on the fight.

Looking towards Sebastian and the man attaching Devaan he extended a hand towards each of them and tried to flood them with emotions. He didn’t know his mentally unstable each of them were, but he corninues, trying to Riot fear, pain, uselessness.

Seb vs althea and max?

Seb himself dropped to the ground. He looked to Max and Althea. "I have unfinished business with the pair of you."

Myriad blocked the strick that would have pierced his heart. He fire and Devaan and Hellbents head. He stashed his fire arm away and pull his sword from off his back

Time to get serious.

@Sorana @Ark1002 @Nohadon @I think I am here.

1 hour ago, Lord Meeker said:

Seb vs althea and max?

Fine for me. Itiah?

Althea smelled the fire and instinctively she stared up, watched it vanish within a second without anything to sustain it. Her throat constricted and she inhaled more stormlight, although it would make her careless. She needed to start thinking, to function. Max lying on the floor, Solace forcing her - she pressed a finger in the wound in her arm and she gasped from the pain, the memories vanishing.

"I have unfinished business with the pair of you."

Realizing she had missed him leave the ceiling she forced herself to step away from the wall. Concentrate.

"I can't say I'm happy to see you."

3 minutes ago, Lord Meeker said:

"I am. You hold inferior magic that needs disposing of."

Thread started to appear from his gloves.

It’s fine for me.

Sethramir appeared in Max’s hands, a glowing white sword. He began to run forward.

As he ran, he focused on one person. A normal person in the crossfire. He Rioted them, Rioted happiness and joy and everything else. Spren began to form around them like a cloud, feeding on all of the emotion.

Suddenly, the cloud of emotion spren he’d generated was massive, like a smokescree, and Max jumped through it to try and swing at Seth on the other side.

Shut up. I don't need any goddam shield.

Hellbent dodged before he fired, a grimace spreading across his face. The man brought out a sword. Perfect. He grabbed his own, a gutteral howl emerging from his throat. As he swung, the world seemed to slow down.

The blade arced towards the man's leg, going at speeds almost impossible to dodge. At the same time, his left leg came up at his groin, and his right arm, with the knife, went for his face.

As the sheild got blocked Max immediately dismissed it and resummoned it again. He moved to try a different attack when he saw Althea bleeding and paused.

He tried his best, tried to Riot alertness and focus so she could push past the pain. He was no Soother, he couldn’t dull any emotion, but he could try his best to counter it.

All okay? He asked and took a step back from Seb, waiting for an attack.

11 hours ago, Lord Meeker said:

Seb shot wires at Max but they wove around him headed at Althea.

Alertness replaced her exhaustion and she relaxed a bit at Max touch.

All okay?

For a moment she wanted to say yes, then decided to stick with the truth.

I'm exhausted. And I have no real idea how to behave in such a fight.

Sebastian shot some wires at Max and when she realized they were heading towards her, it was already too late, the metal wrapped around her arms, her neck. With a curse she elsecalled away again, to the other side of Sebastian, opposite of Max. Her skin hurt where the metal had cut through her cloths. She swung her weapon in a wide ark at him, mostly hoping to either hit anything, or give Max the chance to do something more useful.

Edited by Sorana

12 hours ago, Lord Meeker said:

Myriad blocked each in quick succession. Though it was difficult he managed it. 

Devaan immediately followed up, keeping the pressure. The katana whirling through the air in perfect stance, left leg, right arm, neck and then a thrust straight to the chest, a glittering pinwheel of metal. 

Keep pressing the advantage, he has to go on the defensive while we keep this up.

Myriad went on the defensive. But he was getting the fighting style of his opponent. That was the first step to winning a battle. Knowing your enemy. He carefully lured Devaan and Hellbent into thinking they were winning.

Sebastian blocked the blow. Then shot more wires at both of them.

I'm exhausted. And I have no real idea how to behave in such a fight.

Max lunged forward, then quickly stepped to the side and dragged his sword in a line beside him, cutting the threads. He looked to an underling watching the battle. “Get me some meekers!” He shouted. As someone who could enhance their Rioting, he didn’t need anyone else to use meeker bombs, he could fire them himself.

That’s okay, Max said. See if you can soulcast the helmet off.

He ran forward, tried tossing Sethramir at Seb’s legs as he tried punching the torso.

15 hours ago, Lord Meeker said:

Myriad went on the defensive. But he was getting the fighting style of his opponent. That was the first step to winning a battle. Knowing your enemy. He carefully lured Devaan and Hellbent into thinking they were winning.

Devaan smiled to himself. It was working, he was on the defensive and a skilled fighter, no doubt he was analyzing the fighting style of Devaan and Hellbent.

But Devaan didn’t have just one style, he had over 350 years of fighting experience, and that gave him one hell of an edge.

Devaan finished the thrust to the chest and watched Myriad sidestep it. 

Devaan’s leg shot out like a bullet, hooking around Myriad’s leg.

Devaan’s left hand shot out, trying to Grab Myriad’s neck. 

Checkmate

Devaan electrified his gloves for contact, preparing himself for the shock that would occur if he made contact

This time she saw the wires coming at her and got away, before they could wrap themselves around her, leaving them behind.

That’s okay, Max said. See if you can soulcast the helmet off.

Nodding she reached out for the helmet, wires, again wires. It was easy to bribe them to change to lemon juice, she knew by now how they saw themselves. And maybe some of the juice would get in his eyes. She suspected that Sebastian would probably reform the helmet within a few seconds, so hopefully whatever Max had planed, it was fast.

As the helmet dissipated to lemon juice Max new he had his window of time. He had to act, before Sebastian would get another helmet up. Focusing he looked upwards at Seb’s unconvered face and felt for one of his smaller metalminds, the ring he’d been given as a gift. He supertapped it, directed everything at Seb in one flash of incredible emotion. He Rioted docility, sadness, calmness. He forced the emotion, as much as he good and directed the flood of power to Solace’s briefly uncovered head.

Good job, he said over the link. He looked to Devaan fighting another man, and in a couple seconds used their rudimentary hand gesture system to sign something to Devaan. The master was occupied and Max was a bit rusty at using the system, but it was worth a try. He repeated it three times.

//Take off. His helm. I’ll Riot.//

Edited by I think I am here.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Good job, he said over the link. He looked to Devaan fighting another man, and in a couple seconds used their rudimentary hand gesture system to sign something to Devaan. The master was occupied and Max was a bit rusty at using the system, but it was worth a try. He repeated it three times.

//Take off. His helm. I’ll Riot.//

Devaan was busy but he saw the sign, he just nodded in response and his right arm suddenly shot upwards while his left still went for the neck, trying to remove his helmet.

Myriad saw Sebastian get hit with a superpowered riot. Idos Sebastian Ainz was his to bring down.

"You know what to do." A voice from the outskirts said. A voice he could only hear.

He did something they would not expect. He blocked the attempt to trip him up. Stopped Devaan from grappling him. 

He disengaged from his combat with Hellbent. He shot at Althea three times as he closed the gap between him and Max. Once he reached the rioting man. He delivered a blow to the side of Max's temple. Knocking him out would do.

He was hit with a powerful blast of emotion and crumpled. That few seconds would cost him. A new masked form. He took in what was happening. Myriad was dashing towards Max. The message was clear. Switch. He wire himself towards Hellbent. 

He kept his distance, firing lines at Devaan as he swung around the man.

Benson looked at his accuser and smiled. “I am tired of running. I would like to fight you. I won’t here as you have the advantage of companions. But come alone to the citadel, and I will fight you to the death. This will be your one and only opportunity to find me. Over the weeks since I was tried, you haven’t come close to finding me. You won’t ever.”