City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

Just now, I think I am here. said:

@Nohadon

“He had this... lab, he used to go to. I don’t know if he’s there now, but it could give us information. He called it the Investiture for a Better Life Foundation. Last I heard the DA were suing them.”

Althea stopped for a moment at the word lab and quickly focused on the task at hand. Breathing in more stormlight she pushed everything even farther away and nodded, then offering her hand.

"Let's go there. If he's not there we can always use the symbols."

4 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max took her hand.

The analogy.

Sometimes things aren't what they seem. Everybody tells you, that the sky is blue, so you don't question it, accept it as given. So you never realize, that there is something behind a facade, because you never question if the sky should be green or blue.

Everybody expected Solace to fight for control, so nobody asked why.

Althea elsecalled them away, to the lab Max had mentioned.

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Nohadon, so basically he Great Game ended and Mraize came back. After a while the Ghostbloods rejected Mraize because Mraize was trying to regain absolute control over the Ghostbloods. The Ghostbloods had already chosen another leader, though, so Mraize was rejected. He gathered supporter supporters from all round to help him take control. This included Cain, Valwen, Max and a few others.

THe Great game ain't over yet.

Hellbent felt the link to the Phoenix. The phoenix was... gone?

I'M COMING! I WILL RESCUE YOU!

He teleported, appearing by the Phoenix, and teleported it back, to the Boundless Worlds, the Ironeyes empire, the mountain realm. 

Are you okay?

Check my map in the Boundless Worlds thread if you don't know where we are.

@Voidus

6 pages ago:

Ioc turned as the car shot another missile. It frowned, then shrugged. As the missile neared impact, Ioc performed a Lastclap around it, smothering it in Amberite. 

The missile exploded, but nothing happened to Ioc.

'Why am I helping Sephtis?' Ioc wondered.

'Who expected it?' Chaos whispered. 'Are you one to let other's expectations of you define who you are?'

Ioc gritted its teeth.

'No.'

They wouldn't expect it to rampage either. The offending car looked strong, but was it strong enough to withstand dozens of Lashings, or a boulder? or the pressure of the bottom of the ocean?

Ioc stepped forward.

And was plowed into by Riathor.

By impulse, Ioc teleported away, taking Riathor with it.

~~~~~

Riathor felt the sensation as he steelpushed as hard as he could, ramming into Ioc.

The churning sensation as they teleported.

Riathor opened his eyes in the middle of a Highstorm.

~~~~

It had only taken ten minutes to deal with Riathor.

Ten excruciating minutes.

'After a fight, the winner is exhausted,' Chaos whispered. 'Would they expect you to take revenge so soon?'

'No,'

Ioc teleported back to Oasis City. 

It needed to kill something.

Aedoin had drawn so many Aons, his arms hurt.  At least, he thought they did, he wasn't really sure of anything anymore.  He had come back to find the pheonix hammering the city.  He had wasted no time in drawing transportation Aons to evacuate the people.  Valdwen had also helped by compounding steel and running them to safety.  I wasn't enough, a storm was about to break.  He had felt the tremors for a while now, and really wasn't sure when it would happen, but it would happen.

Valdwen looked askance at Aeodin as he laughed maniacally.  Maybe he's still a little insane Valdwen thought as Aeodin screamed something about tremors.  Well, as long as it didn't effect his efficiency. 

On 16/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, I think I am here. said:

Nohadon, so basically he Great Game ended and Mraize came back. After a while the Ghostbloods rejected Mraize because Mraize was trying to regain absolute control over the Ghostbloods. The Ghostbloods had already chosen another leader, though, so Mraize was rejected. He gathered supporter supporters from all round to help him take control. This included Cain, Valwen, Max and a few others.

This ended up in a large confrontation is Oasis City (here). Threats were being made but nobody had actually tried killing people yet.

Max entered and pretty much let his emotions take control of him (page 6). He unleashed his full Rioting power and effectively Rioted everyone in Oasis to Duralumin levels of fear, anger and hopelessness. Lots of people died from the sudden mind-being-ripped-from-body experience and even more died because the Rioted started killing each other. You should read it on page 6, it was so coolsad.

Anyway, lots an lots of people died because of Max’s Rioting. He wasn’t doing it on purpose, he just sort pf gave in to giant rage and hurt.

Solace healed Max of insanity with his Epic powers, stopping the Rioting, and is on the brink of becoming fully evil himself. Max is full of guilt, Oasis has evacuated and the Pheonix appeared because it hates Rioting after what Rashan did.

Hellbent kept attacking unconcious Max and got slashed by Sethramir. Hellbent sided with the Pheonix.

Deras drove the Pheonix away as a last stand along with Dwig, Darth, and others.

Everyone is recovering.

Summary for anyone just tuning in

Ioc settled for killing another chipmunk. Scud, it hated those things.

'And nobody expected it,' Chaos droned. 'In fact, chipmunks aren't even native here,'

Ioc nodded to itself. There HAD been a fight, but Ioc had chosen to stay out of it.

Oh well. Ioc didn't much like fire.

Lava was far better at killing stuff.

Ioc smiled at the thought. Then frowned at another thought.

Solace was getting a wee bit too powerful. That was bad news.

'Attacking would be a bit predictable,' Chaos warned. 'Maybe you should join him?'

Edited by Callsign: Leviathan

"Well, this suit has been my life's work, and I also spent most of my inheritance from my grandfather and parents, along with a lot of money from my jobs. Also, I kind of got some Awakening help from a pal, so that really helped," Silas answered. "I'm just gonna say, this hat and duster take the drab gray armor to a whole new level of style."

@Badadah

Edited by JacobClaessen

Valdwen and Aeodin were running towards a new batch of people that had yet to be evacuated.  Valdwen noticed something odd appear befor him.  It was like a sliver of light appeared, then rotated to make sort of a portal.  It was too late to stop, so Valdwen stumbled through.  He looked to the side, and noticed Aeodin had come through another one.  They closed behind them, and Valdwen noticed a man standing there.  He was... Kinda short... but carried himself with confidence.  

Galvris turned and regarded the two men.  "I am Lord Moerevor, and you will help me."

The allomancer looked up defiantly.  "Why?"

Galvris smiled to himself amused.  So much of a question was carried in that one simple word.  "Because I have the power to save us all."  He replied softly.

The elantrian looked up, "then why do you need our help?"

Galvris regarded the elantrian.  He was smarter than he looked. "Well, I only really need your help," he said, gesturing to the elantrian, "but I heard somewhere that you two were a package deal.  Plus, your talents could be useful," he finished, gesturing to the allowmancer.  

"You need Aons," he said softly.

"Yes. And I'm willing to kill your friend to get them."

Aeodin growled then attacked, drawing an Aon Daa in the air.  The force of the explosion ripped out from the origin and moved towards Galvris, consuming anything in it's way.  The explosion suddenly stoped as if it had hit a wall.  Aeodin suddenly couldn't move.  Valdwen ran in from behind to try and cut through him.  Galvris turned and smiled at Valdwen.  No wall stoped the twinborn's approach, but when he reached out to slash Galvris across the face, the blade just went through Galvris, not harming him in the least.  Galvris smiled, and suddenly Valdwen couldn't move either.  The premade Aon that hung around Aeodin's neck burned with Aon Daa.  Another explosion ripped out of the cognitive realm, but this time it didn't even make it across half the distance.  "I need both of you to help me.  The people of Oasis City are in need.  We must be the ones to provide."

Twenty minutes later a gateway opened into Oasis city.  Three figures stepped through, and it winked out.  The shorter one addressed the two figures standing some distance away.  “We need to keep the ghostbloods whole.  We need a compromise between TFA and Solace.  Someone unbiased, someone strong enough to keep leadership of the ghostbloods.”

@Badadah @JacobClaessen

This someone isn’t me just to let you know.

Edited by Kaladin78
Editing

On 11/18/2018 at 7:15 PM, Badadah said:

Ambrosia looked at the man.

"And I'm assuming you think that you deserve to be in this role. Well, why do you think that?"

@Kaladin78 @JacobClaessen

Galvris laughed.  "I'm hardly unbiased.  No, I mean this man to be a truly free rule.  No strings attached," he said.  

@Badadah @JacobClaessen