City of Oasis

Lord Meeker

3 hours ago, Dr. Jacques Rodriguez said:

Jake, is that G.U.E.S.S stuff?

It's Silas' life's work, which he was going to mass-produce for G.U.E.S.S., but then someone stole it and stuff happened. It's basically Shardplate (Type IV Awakened object) that is incredibly light, even harder to break than normal Shardplate, makes you even stronger than regular Shardplate, regenerates itself quickly, and has some other things, such as the fancloth duster and hat, Silas' personal touches.

Spoiler

Image of what it should look like on Hero Forge

HeroForgeScreenshot.png

HeroForgeScreenshot (1).png

HeroForgeScreenshot (2).png

A jet flew from above and dropped Silas, who was riding on a sleek-looking motorcycle. 

"Sorry that I'm late."

Edited by JacobClaessen
Picture moving

She broke through the cloud-cover, allowing her to see the city that had been the source of her fury. The dwelling of the hated one.

She had moved slowly up until now, fear holding her back, however unnatural that fear may have been, it still slowed her. It stiffened her muscles, screamed at her to run.

But now the fear was gone, and there was only the fury. She allowed herself to sink into it, amber eyes narrowing in a predatory look towards the city below.

She dove.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Can't all the manifestations of fire just get along? We've already got a diabolical duo, why not make it a troublesome trio? :P

Maybe if Mr Amber was fully functional. He’s not showing his dragon origin until he can fully transform. Maybe next time the Phoenix gets involved.

Say no more, Deras is already on his way lol

also @Voidus I think the Oasis City is covered by a big shield that doesn't allow non GB's through, so the Phoenix also has to get through that

Deras had been wandering about in the Alleyverse for a while now, having collected and practiced with one of the still-operational vindicators from the Waystop. As he neared some mountains he heard a screech in the distance which made him perk up. In the far, distant sky, he saw a firey bird creature that was descending downward toward some place. His eyes widened behind his faceless faceplate and he dove down into the cockpit to stop the vindicator. It had scratches and marks that would indicate it wasn't Chaos anymore, and he jumped back out. Charging toward where the beast was diving to. People might be in danger.

He arrived not a second later, his armor exponentially enhancing his augmented muscles if he wished it and he arrived at what looked like a city. Keen, fast eyes examined it and as he ran forward, he saw that the city was shielded, possibly shielded enough to stop the beast, then he looked through the shields. Death everywhere. What had happened here? He stopped outside the barrier.

If he arrived here earlier, he could've stopped all this death. All of it. And he could've arrived earlier.

Deras gritted his teeth, slamming a fist into the barrier, activating his own aons. The strike created a shockwave but barrier didn't budge. He saw movement inside, some people were still alive and he wanted to help them. He looked for another way. A way in. He rounded the city about once or twice in a second but saw no openings. He needed to get in. Needed.

He strained, maybe something from his past could help him, that strange time he was sent here to the future. What had he done back then that allowed him to do that? A way in. He focused. A way in. He started shimmering then he disappeared. finding himself in a place with a sea of beads a black sky and a sun. He dropped down immediately into the beads and started sinking. He willed himself back to the material world and found himself there, still outside the barrier. He tried it again, seeing if that strange world also had a barrier. There was no barrier but there was a storm of energy. He didn't want to take the chance and shifted even farther. He found himself in the eternally static plane of reality, the one that he had seen before being brought into the future.

It was almost too much, but he focused in, looking toward the place where he was just at and he could see almost everything there, the fire-bird diving downward, two figures in a battle, crowds of people either running or wandering aimlessly. They would die if he wasn't there. And he would not allow that. He willed himself out of the world and found himself falling a few meters from where the two figures were fighting. He activated his aons again and his cloak of fog and he landed. As he landed he took off his helmet briefly, looked toward the battling two and sucked in as much air as was possible, letting lose a forceful "Stop," he shouted before putting his helmet back on.

The moment people would look to him, he'd tell them what he saw, speaking in complete sentences. "There is a bird made of fire on its way here. We must make sure the survivors make it," he said then looked around at the dead, some of them headless, "is the one responsible for this neutralized?" he pointed toward the several corpses.

@I think I am here. @Badadah

Just now, Cyanic said:

also @Voidus I think the Oasis City is covered by a big shield that doesn't allow non GB's through, so the Phoenix also has to get through that

Yep.
I thoroughly recommend anyone outside that shield to get inside it. The Phoenix is about to teach the ghostbloods a lesson in the dangers of Newtonian physics.

Ark hasn’t responded to my attack so imagine this is set after his response.

“Is the one responsible for this neutralised?”

Max looked tiredly to the source of the question. A lifeless. The same one he’d seen at Devaan’s Training Ground so long ago. He had frozen up then. He wouldn’t freeze up now.

“Yes,” Max lied. “Whoever did this is probably another one of these corpses now.” Max hoped the lifeless could overlook him as a ‘simple Rioter’ as so many else had, not capable of such destruction.

“Lots of the population is dead,” Max said mournfully. “As for those who aren’t, Mr. Amber’s car is a good place for lots of people, maybe we could get enough if we kept putting people in the car, teleporting to safety, and then putting more in the car. I know for a fact there’s a few Elsecallers or Willshapers around here, they can Transport whoever’s remaining. Apart from that, I’m not sure.”

He looked up. The Pheonix. A being of power. Rashan has faced it, all those 16 years ago. Max was too. He wondered if the beast could remember Rashan, if it could remember all of those lives it claimed so long ago.

Probably not, Max reasoned. It was just a bird, after all.

Just now, Voidus said:

That means it's also gonna damage itself if it follows Newtonian physics

and yeah everyone is already below the shield since it's the whole city that's shielded I believe.

@I think I am here. Deras isn't as familiar with Investiture so he wouldn't know what Rioters do

He nodded at the man who responded to him then looked to the other man, and the shield around the whole city. "The shield will hold," he began "it's one of those shields that are exceedingly hard to break," he told the man who just addressed him, "the firebird will be unable to break it, at least in one blow." @Dr. Jacques Rodriguez

He looked to the other man again, "I suppose that you oversaw the one responsible's death? Were there any witnesses if not? There are many times when people you think are dead aren't." @I think I am here.

His questions were cut short as the other other man who'd just been in battle jumped at the one he was asking. In blinding speed, he grappled the man and threw him to the ground. @Badadah

Edited by Cyanic

Dwig nodded

"So, we have bit more time than I thought, which means I can call some help in." He touched his hand to his helmet's temple and began speaking rapidly in jargon, contacting the G.U.E.S.S Air Corps, and requesting that 200 troop transport shuttles come to Oaisis as soon as they were scrambled.

As she dove, she watched the stone-forest below. Keen eyes spotted the large group of humans clustered together, some fresh kills lying on the ground.

But why do none of them collect the spoils? The meat will rot if they leave it long.

Shaking her head, she scanned the crowd. Where was he? Where was the one who threw fear? Where was the hated one?

She saw the flame-kin on the ground, fighting with a human. But no faces that resembled the one she sought. Could she have forgotten what it looked like? Most humans looked the same after all.

Then they'll all have to burn.

The flame-kin appeared nearby, asking her a question.

What is your plan? It mind-whispered.

Kill the prey. She replied.

She stretched her talons before her, ready to begin to rend the humans apart until she found the one she was looking for.

The air became solid underneath her, brittle bones snapped as they impacted the sudden dome of force that appeared, surrounding the stone-forest and its humans.

Dimly she heard the sound of human words being spoken, they seemed to come from the wall-that-wasn't.

She screeched at this barrier to her goal, directing a fraction of her fury at it, the rest she kept within, stoking the flames hotter and hotter. Her feathers birst into brilliant red-gold, the flames that they spread became white hot.

She threw the flames towards the wall that wasn't, watching them impact and spread across it, revealing the edges of the barrier.

Things that aren't need to disappear. Burn and vanish. She directed with a mental screech.

Deras saw and heard the crack in the air as the phoenix —it was a phoenix— slammed into the barrier, destroying much of itself in the process. It was still trying to break through but the barrier was holding. He gritted his teeth. Fire wasn't much to him, especially with his armor on, but he didn't want to take the chance fighting this creature. He wanted to see if he could bring things with him as he shifted worlds, so he touched one of the corpses nearby, then shifted to the black-sky world, then to the world of stasis, and the corpse came along. He went back down to the regular world and the corpse followed. He looked around and it seemed that he wasn't gone for long if at all. That static world seemed to have properties of a singular place and no time at all. He might be able to use that.

guys, we're killing the phoenix

Edited by Cyanic

A group of transport shuttles chose that moment to arrive, blasting AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" out of their external speakers. Dwig waved for everyone who still could to get on the shuttles. Groups of people started to board, and Dwig smiled with relief. Further casualties minimized, he turned back to the group.

"What's the plan, then?"

Just now, Dr. Jacques Rodriguez said:

A group of transport shuttles chose that moment to arrive, blasting AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" out of their external speakers. Dwig waved for everyone who still could to get on the shuttles. Groups of people started to board, and Dwig smiled with relief. Further casualties minimized, he turned back to the group.

"What's the plan, then?"

Deras needed to take a clue from Araha's book. The best way to minimize casualties was to eliminate the threat, if that was impossible, evacuate. "How many ships can you call in simultaneously? Specifically ships with as much firepower as possible?" @Dr. Jacques Rodriguez

For now, he wanted to do more experiments. He jumped and let himself shift into the static world. Once there, he found that he was still moving, the momentum not stopping. He brought himself back into the regular world and saw that the momentum still carried through. He landed and noted that for later. For now, he summoned his shardblade just to be ready.