Word Limit

Maybe in old versions but I believe in the modern version posts can be very lengthy.

Ark is not correct; pinned topics having multiple posts is useful for linking individual sections. That's the primary purpose.

5 hours ago, Mestiv said:

There is a length limit for a post, but it's not the number of words but number of characters. It's very high though, around 350 000, as reported here:

(I'm not gonna bore you with encoding details that affect this limit)

This actually helps a lot! :lol: I couldn't find this when I was searching the forums. I have a very very long post I've been building and was planning on changing things if there was a limit.

42 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Do I suck with wordcounts, or is this longer than some of Brandons books?

350K characters counts up letters, spaces, punctuation. At 6 characters per word, that'll be around 58K words. That's right around what Alcatraz books run at, so technically yes, it is longer than some of his books. But even Alloy of Law, his shortest adult novel, comes in at 85K. His other YA stuff runs around 100K. So the books you could include in a single post are few and far between.

EDIT: Forgot to link my wordcount source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLYPHdhopXVh81lTy1KZHfKZX2voue3bukb90u2_Kyw/pubhtml

Edited by Pagerunner