Quick Fix Game 33 - Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

Herowannabe

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hey everyone. I will have limited time to continue analysis, sorry. I want to just let you all know that I was not the Murderer (IKYK)

wait, what? Does this mean you are the murderer?

20 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

I'm definitely not the murderer and I would never try to lead your accusations astray with fake helpfulness and double-faced shows of friendliness.

Did I miss something? Who are we trying to confuse here?

1 hour ago, Madagascar said:

Or maybe he shuffled around footprint because we'd already gotten what we needed from that but still wanted us to focus on things like Despicable instead.

Well, maybe you're right. That's just the way I play, because it gives the forensic scientist oracle a chance to communicate back and tell us where we shouldn't go, instead of just where we should. I'll agree to disagree with you.

6 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Did I miss something? Who are we trying to confuse here?

Sorry, I left some bits out, so to be clearer, I am definitely not the murderer, I would never try to lead anyone astray by pretending to be helpful, my confusion is 100% unfeigned, and anyone who just takes my word for any of those things is a birdbrain.

And the way I "play," by which I mean torture, is to be wary of jumping conclusions and ruling things out in favor of glowering at everyone suspiciously before dumping them in a pit full of hungry, acid-spewing birds, which like 9 times out of 10 gets the job done, and 1 times out of 10 creates a new race of feathered, acid-spewing zombies.

The next morning the investigators all sat around the small table in the Oracle’s shop, with bloodshot eyes and trembling hands, sipping coffee. None of them had been able to sleep the night before. Every now and then one of them would shudder or gasp or wimper as they had a flashback from the day spent searching the crypt. Nobody spoke.

Day 3 has begun! The randomly selected tile ended up being an event:

Vision of the Past: The Oracle immediately randomly selects one evidence card for each player and removes it from consideration. This must be done without discussion. The Murderer's Key Evidence card may not be removed (randomly select a different card).

Note: To implement this event relatively painlessly (it still took a bit of fiddling with the spreadsheet but I made it work) I simply randomly selected one entire column of Evidences and removed it (making sure the Assassin's Key Evidence wasn't removed). In the spreadsheet I have struck-through the removed column, and in the player list down below I have removed each player's evidence card and placed it in a separate column, so that you can easily see which evidences were removed. I'm mostly sure that I was able to do this correctly without making any mistakes anywhere, but if you notice any, let me know. In the case of any potential discrepancies, the spreadsheet takes precedence.

In short, you all now know that the Key Evidence card is not one of the removed Evidences.

Here are your Oracle clues (unchanged from last round):

Spoiler
Cause of Death Location of Crime #3 Victim's Clothes Murderer's Personality Motive Hint on Corpse
Suffocation Big City Neat Arrogant Hatred Head
Severe Injury Small Town Untidy Despicable Justice/Revenge Chest
Loss of Blood Road/Canal Elegant Furious Necessity Hand
Supernatural Wilderness Shabby Greedy Greed Leg
Poisoning/ Sickness Fields Bizarre Forceful Power Partial
Accident Sea/Ocean Naked Insane Love All-over

Player List: (Players who have used their Attempts are highlighted in purple. The "Removed" column on the right side shows which evidence cards were removed by the Vision of the Past event)

Spoiler
# Player Name Methods of Murder Pieces of Evidence Removed
1 Elandera / Oyh Sword, Deathweed Bark, Meekers, Dreok's Axe, Aon Daa (Power),  Axehound Pup, Bullet Casings, Ancient Text, Tears of Edgli Flowers,  Aluminum Hat
2 MetaTerminal / Felksi Fenweed Poison, Rathbore Monk, Scarf, Koloss Blade, Surgebinding,  White Sand, Withered Hand, Aviar Feather, Message Written in Blood,  Singed Cloak
3 Snipexe / The Witness Steelrunning, Nightmaw, Nightblood, Midnight Essence, Poisoned Wine,  Pet Monkey, Red Flag, Piece of Ralkalest, Religious Text,  Ceremonial Bowl
4 Droughtbringer / In Bloodsealing, Metal Poisoning, Rioting, Dagger, Punch,  Water Bottle, Chull Dung, Dust, False Beard,  Vandalism
5 Madagascar / Mad Acid, Dueling Cane, Bow & Arrow, Ettmetal Explosion, Aimian,  Children’s Book, Cracked Gemstone, Larkin Corpse, Boots,  Fancy Dress
6 Steeldancer / Squid of Steel Skeletals , Enhanced Strength, Poisoned Needle, Backbreaker Powder, Atium,  Ice, Blood, Scorch marks, Vandalized Statue,  Straw Man
7 Paranoid King / The Ghost of John Smith Blackbane Leaf, Deathants, Birchbane, Whitespine, Awakened Rope,  Triangular Razors, Aon Kii, Aon Ashe Plate, Spectacles,  Pot of Stew
8 Randuir / Holmlock Shears Bare Hands, Burned at the Stake, Obsidian Axe, Swampvine, Kick,  Tattoo, Survivor Pendant, Firemoss, Hairpin,  Crem 
9 I Think I am Here. / Itiah VII Lost Divine Breath, Dakhor Ritual, Shades, Blood Loss, Venomous Bite,  Horseshoes, Stick, Ink, Spanreed,  Empty Vial
10 Bort / May Bebort Jeskeri Cult Ritual, Booby Trap, Mistwraith, Grandbow, Firesnap Lizards,  Bones, Footprint, RaiDel Pepper, Lavis Beer,  Cigar Case
11 Rathmaskal / Harry Hemalurgic Chimera, Smoke, Toxic Fungus, Glass Dagger, Air-powered Crossbow,  Artifact, Scorch Marks, Priest’s Robes, Fashion Magazine,  Dirt
12 Devotary of Spontaneity / Fourth of the Twilight Poisoned Dart, Cut-away vines, Torture, Highstorm, Shardplate,  Broadsheet, Aon Reod, Map, Wetleek Sap Trail,  Crab Legs
13 A Joe in the Bush / Various Divide Beheading, Shardblade, Cliff, Deepwalker, Betrayal,  Medallion, Lockpicks, Soulstamp, Shu-Korath Pendant,  Safehand Glove
14 Kidpen / Alvron Duel, Hammer, Patji’s Finger, Strangle, Hook,  Aonic Dictionary, Purple Blood Droplets, Saddle Strap, Lak,  MaiPon Sticks
15 Cadmium Compounder / Spork Soulcasting, Explosion, Lifeless Soldier, Rifle, Dehydration,  Hoofprints, Glow Paste, Smoke, Rotspren,  Wig
16 Walin / Higsedal The Shaod, Chasmfiend, Black Frayn, Fire, Martial Arts,  Forged Painting, Infused Spheres, Lamp, Skull,  A'kar's Symbol

Link to the spreadsheet

Link to the Rules

ora_1536552000.png

Edited by Herowannabe
Short writeup finally added in.

Alright, I don't really see any other evidence on Cadcom that matches the clues, so i think we can safely dismiss him. Let's see what that leaves us with: (greyed out matches no evidence or matches an unchosen hint better)

I'm not seeing which of Elandera's evidence or method would match the head, though it could be the tears of edgli flower.

Meta with the scarf and either the White sand or the Aviar feather could work, though Aviar feather is a better fit for necessary.

Nightmaw/pet monkey isn't a particular good fit, and its the only one with Snipexe.

Droughtbringer's only possible method is rioting, and 'big city' would be a far better fit for locaiton in that case.

I'm not really seeing the 'head' hint with what remains of madagascars options.

PK could fit somewhat, though deathants is the better fit for necessary, but its also a method that would fit better with poisoning.

ITIAH's lost divine breath would fit with 'head' and 'necessary', but none of his evidence fits wilderness well.

Bort has got a lot of options, but nothing that seems to be a perfect fit.

Devotary lacks something that fits the 'head' hint.

Joe has multiple options as well, though nothing that would fit with 'necessary'.

Walin lacks something that's necessary as well.

# Player Name Methods of Murder Pieces of Evidence Removed
1 Elandera / Oyh Sword, Deathweed Bark, Meekers, Dreok's Axe, Aon Daa (Power),  Axehound Pup, Bullet Casings, Ancient Text, Tears of Edgli Flowers,  Aluminum Hat
2 MetaTerminal / Felksi Fenweed Poison, Rathbore Monk, Scarf, Koloss Blade, Surgebinding,  White Sand, Withered Hand, Aviar Feather, Message Written in Blood,  Singed Cloak
3 Snipexe / The Witness Steelrunning, Nightmaw, Nightblood, Midnight Essence, Poisoned Wine,  Pet Monkey, Red Flag, Piece of Ralkalest, Religious Text,  Ceremonial Bowl
4 Droughtbringer / In Bloodsealing, Metal Poisoning, Rioting, Dagger, Punch,  Water Bottle, Chull Dung, Dust, False Beard,  Vandalism
5 Madagascar / Mad Acid, Dueling Cane, Bow & Arrow, Ettmetal Explosion, Aimian,  Children’s Book, Cracked Gemstone, Larkin Corpse, Boots,  Fancy Dress
6 Steeldancer / Squid of Steel Skeletals , Enhanced Strength, Poisoned Needle, Backbreaker Powder, Atium,  Ice, Blood, Scorch marks, Vandalized Statue,  Straw Man
7 Paranoid King / The Ghost of John Smith Blackbane Leaf, Deathants, Birchbane, Whitespine, Awakened Rope,  Triangular Razors, Aon Kii, Aon Ashe Plate, Spectacles,  Pot of Stew
8 Randuir / Holmlock Shears Bare Hands, Burned at the Stake, Obsidian Axe, Swampvine, Kick,  Tattoo, Survivor Pendant, Firemoss, Hairpin,  Crem 
9 I Think I am Here. / Itiah VII Lost Divine Breath, Dakhor Ritual, Shades, Blood Loss, Venomous Bite,  Horseshoes, Stick, Ink, Spanreed,  Empty Vial
10 Bort / May Bebort Jeskeri Cult Ritual, Booby Trap, Mistwraith, Grandbow, Firesnap Lizards,  Bones, Footprint, RaiDel Pepper, Lavis Beer,  Cigar Case
11 Rathmaskal / Harry Hemalurgic Chimera, Smoke, Toxic Fungus, Glass Dagger, Air-powered Crossbow,  Artifact, Scorch Marks, Priest’s Robes, Fashion Magazine,  Dirt
12 Devotary of Spontaneity / Fourth of the Twilight Poisoned Dart, Cut-away vines, Torture, Highstorm, Shardplate,  Broadsheet, Aon Reod, Map, Wetleek Sap Trail,  Crab Legs
13 A Joe in the Bush / Various Divide Beheading, Shardblade, Cliff, Deepwalker, Betrayal,  Medallion, Lockpicks, Soulstamp, Shu-Korath Pendant,  Safehand Glove
14 Kidpen / Alvron Duel, Hammer, Patji’s Finger, Strangle, Hook,  Aonic Dictionary, Purple Blood Droplets, Saddle Strap, Lak,  MaiPon Sticks
15 Cadmium Compounder / Spork Soulcasting, Explosion, Lifeless Soldier, Rifle, Dehydration,  Hoofprints, Glow Paste, Smoke, Rotspren,  Wig
16 Walin / Higsedal The Shaod, Chasmfiend, Black Frayn, Fire, Martial Arts,  Forged Painting, Infused Spheres, Lamp, Skull,  A'kar's Symbol

My Guesses from last cycle in order of most likely to least likely:

Cadmium Compounder with a Wig and Dehydration.

Randuir with a Hairpin and Kick.

Cadmium Compounder with a Wig and Explosion

Elandera with Meekers and an Aluminum Hat.

Droughtbringer with Rioting and False Beard.

Paranoid King with Awakened Rope and Spectacles.

Walin with a Skull and Fire.

Aluminum Hat and Wig were both removed. So i’m down to 4 guesses. I'll guess Randuir soon, but i want to reread the thread first.

I'm incredibly confused. I went to actually do something for once, and I was all ready with an accusation, and then I noticed that everyone seems to have one extra method then me in their spreadsheets, and that the master spreadsheet (aka the one I copied) has a duplicate column on both methods and evidence. Have I missed something?

14 hours ago, Herowannabe said:

Writeup to be edited in sometime when it's not after 1AM and I've had a chance to get some sleep.

-_- zzzZZZzzzZZZ

Day 2 has begun!

Day 2 again? Must be a groundhog day loop going on.

33 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I'm incredibly confused. I went to actually do something for once, and I was all ready with an accusation, and then I noticed that everyone seems to have one extra method then me in their spreadsheets, and that the master spreadsheet (aka the one I copied) has a duplicate column on both methods and evidence. Have I missed something?

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that we have 5 methods and evidences this game, instead of 4? If so, that's just a rule tweak from last time.

2 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that we have 5 methods and evidences this game, instead of 4? If so, that's just a rule tweak from last time.

That attachment is from the spreadsheet. Hopefully you can see it. You'll notice that sword is listed twice, and that Aon Daa isn't, even though it's on both Rand's and Devotary's spreadsheets. I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious, but if feels weird.

qf33.PNG

@Kidpen Woah weird, thanks for bringing this to my attention. The spreadsheet was working fine last night. I'm not quite sure what's going on but I'm looking into it right now. For the time being, refer to the player list in the first post of this thread (and disregard what I said earlier about the spreadsheet taking precedence- obviously it's broken right now)

16 minutes ago, Paranoid King said:

Whoops, Copy Paste error. Fixing that now. 

32 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

That attachment is from the spreadsheet. Hopefully you can see it. You'll notice that sword is listed twice, and that Aon Daa isn't, even though it's on both Rand's and Devotary's spreadsheets. I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious, but if feels weird.

qf33.PNG

Okay, I figured it out. Technical stuff:

Spoiler

When I was "removing" an evidence column for the event today I added an extra hidden column on the Setup page which was messing up the VLOOKUP function) and so it was pulling the first value twice. 

It should be all fixed now, but if you notice any other weirdness let me know!

56 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Everyone, before making an accusation, clear it with others first. We only have 9 guesses left, and less if there are co-conspirators.

I'll edit in some analysis later.

I'm thinking of guessing Cutaway Vines or Highstorm and Wetleek Sap trail. I mean it's my guess but I'm open to feedback. I think cutaway vines or highstorm fit accident/wilderness and I don't actually remember why wetleek sap trail kept coming up but it has for some reason. I clearly need to torture more people to keep ahead of my game. I'm not super enthusiastic about those guess possibilities though so I might just torture someone else at random.