Skyward Book Tour

Draginon

Random House has posted some dates for the Skyward Book Tour.

The dates and stops included were:

On the Reddit Anchorage was mentioned as well but Brandon said the details were still being worked on

Note: Both Anderson's and Murder By the Book require you to purchase the book from them or you can't get anything signed. No one else has him listed yet.

Sigh...I feel like Brandom is already way behind schedule with the the whole Reckoners sequel trilogy fiasco and doesn't need another tour to delay him. I also realize I sound like a whining baby right now and appreciate Brandons openess of his process and work ethic.

11 minutes ago, Ammanas said:

Sigh...I feel like Brandom is already way behind schedule with the the whole Reckoners sequel trilogy fiasco and doesn't need another tour to delay him. I also realize I sound like a whining baby right now and appreciate Brandons openess of his process and work ethic.

This tour isn't actually that bad; 6 stops, as compared to 9 for Calamity or 16 for Words of Radiance. It's a far cry from the 40-odd-day Gathering Storm tour, with at least 22 stops (that I could see in Theoryland) with other interviews sprinkled in along the way. And the flights to and from Alaska will be plenty of time to write; when he had a long flight to Dubai, we got a novella (Snapshot) out of it. It's not gonna be as light as Bands of Mourning or the Legion compilation (which are release party only), but it's not bad at all.

Of course, the Houston stop is the week I'm out of town. Oh well; I'm not planning on reading this book anyways, so I don't feel too bad about missing it. As long as I can find someone else to record the signing line.

@Pagerunner It might be more than 6 since he wants to include the east coast since he didn't for Oathbringer so it might go up to 9 depending on the other locations in the works but I doubt it'll go over that unless he includes an international leg, which I doubt he will since it's not Cosmere and thus considered minor.

Luckily I'm on thanksgiving break that week so I'll be able to go for my second Sandersign. Are non-Cosmere signings usually less crowded or just as crowded? It's also fun since it's the day before my birthday so it's almost a birthday book for me.

3 hours ago, Mestiv said:

Can I ask why? :huh:

Because I only read Cosmere. I'd show up and record the line if I could, because I know there'd be Cosmere info there and I'd be able to hang out with Cosmere fans IRL. But I just have no interest in the any of Brandon's noncosmere work.

On 8/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, Draginon said:

Seattle, WA University Bookstore Nov. 10 @2:00PM

I'm going to this signing, but I'll be coming up from Eugene OR (about a 6 hr drive). I'll record the signing line if no one else can do it, but I probably won't make it to the UW campus until about 1:00 pm.

If any sharders are going to be there, let me know and we can meet up. Hopefully I can get my buddy to go to this too (one of my only friends irl who is into the Cosmere).

On 8/22/2018 at 1:28 PM, BrightnessSamantha said:

I might go to the Naperville stop. I've never been to a signing before!

Feel free to come, we usually draw a decent crowd! During recent signings I've been trying to improve the waiting experience for people who, like me, plan on waiting until the end of the signing, so it's a pretty social event too. I didn't do too good of a job last time, but I am determined to improve - so Cosmere novices don't feel left out :)

On 8/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:
On 8/20/2018 at 1:38 PM, Draginon said:

Seattle, WA University Bookstore Nov. 10 @2:00PM

I'm going to this signing, but I'll be coming up from Eugene OR (about a 6 hr drive). I'll record the signing line if no one else can do it, but I probably won't make it to the UW campus until about 1:00 pm.

If any sharders are going to be there, let me know and we can meet up. Hopefully I can get my buddy to go to this too (one of my only friends irl who is into the Cosmere).

I live 30 minutes from there... I will definitely be trying to go... Though my schedule is so busy I won't know until right before... : /

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pagerunner said:

The full tour is up on Tor.com. https://www.tor.com/2018/09/13/brandon-sanderson-skyward-tour-dates/

Looks like Draginon has already updated the original post, so bumping for publicity. I'd heard Brandon talk about Anchorage, but Denver and San Francisco are news to me.

Thanks for bumping

I was born in California but I didn't know where El Cerrito was. From context I thought it would be in the LA area but it's nice that the northerners will have a stop :)

I'm thinking about going to the Naperville signing. Wondering how many books I should bring? I know he says he'll sign as many as you want, but I don't want to go overboard, lol. I was hoping to get at least 4-5 of mine signed, plus Skyward. I might bring a few of my cousin's as well, that would make 7-8. Think that's reasonable, or too much?

Also, what's the most amount of books one person/party has brought to a signing at once? Just curious :P

@8giraffe8 typically it's 3 books, not counting the new book, but once everyone is through Brandon will sign any additional books if there's time. If you're going to Napierville you should check Anderson's Books website to check the details of the event.

As for me I'm thinking of bringing Steelheart and Firefight to sign. Thinking of getting Legion at the same time so getting that signed there.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:21 AM, Pagerunner said:

Because I only read Cosmere. I'd show up and record the line if I could, because I know there'd be Cosmere info there and I'd be able to hang out with Cosmere fans IRL. But I just have no interest in the any of Brandon's noncosmere work.

I've come to that conclusion as well. Steelheart was fun/entertaining, but Firefight was so disappointing to me, I didn't bother finishing the trilogy. And then there's...

On 8/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Ammanas said:

I, too, will probably sound like a baby and will start by saying, "well, at least this won't affect Stormlight releases"... my issue is that it will and appears to have affected Mistborn and Elantris releases. Essentially, we're looking at Martin wait times for the concluding Wax and Wayne novel due to the Apocalypse Guard fiasco and his desire to write the entirety of the Skyward trilogy. Not going to lie, that makes me a little bitter 

@TheOrlionThatComesBefore You might want to give Calamity a chance. I didn't like Firefight either, might be Brandon's weakest book, but I'm currently enjoying Calamity a whole lot more than the first two.

I'm also trying to figure out if he's going to write Skyward 3 after finishing Skyward 2 or if he'll just go with W&W4 like he planned. I wouldn't might if he delayed Skyward 3 until he gets his 'break' during Stormlight 4, and by break I mean when he's waiting for the revisions from Tor, editors and proofreaders and when he's finally done with release coming soon.