"Uh, sure!" Araha said as the other woman, Damaya, left, probably back to the kitchen from earlier. Araha wasn't sure if she was a cook here or one of the tenants, and that's what the owner meant by 'helping out.' If so, she could do that, she usually helped Master Soren cook and sometimes even did it herself, she wasn't a chef by any means, but she could cook a decent meal.

A cryptic though. I'll have to ask Ran later. She thought. With that, she found a chair and settled, she figured she'd just idle in the lobby for a bit, maybe see some interesting people, since she seemed to have missed much by staying inside her room.

Mr. Amber raised a phone made of glass and gemstones. It was able to be used in all cosmere and not cosmere worlds.

“Yes hello, I’m going to need a soucaster of some sort. Some damage has been done to the Waystop. Yes I’ll cover all expenses don’t worry.” 

*people have been preparing food for the last three pages*

*figures it's about time someone ate some of it*

Clay slunk away dejectedly. The wizard hadn't fallen for his clever trap. 

Don't blame yourself, a voice said.

Clay ignored it, because listening to strange voices was for crazy people. He quickly made his way down the hall, and back to his room. He stepped over the splintered remains of the door to find Kicker grazing on the carpet. "Did you do this?" Clay demanded, gesturing at wood chips. Kicker just snorted.

"Next time, I'm booking you a separate room. You make such a mess. It's infuriating." The horse didn't reply. 

"It's about time we had some food. But you can't go out looking like that. You haven't brushed your tail in days." Kicker groaned as Clay reached into his bag. "That's right, you're wearing the uniform. Quit complaining, the sooner you get dressed, the sooner we can eat."

Five minutes later, Clay exited the room, accompanied by what appeared to be a prison guard. Inexplicably, the stranger's uniform fit them perfectly. It even came with a cap that cast an unusually large shadow over their face, making it difficult to identify them until they got within punching range. The two of them strolled down to the kitchen. When they arrived, Clay knocked on the door and peeked his head inside.

"Excuse me, my friend and I were wondering if dinner is ready. I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse." Clay winked for no apparent reason. His partner just snorted. 

Ioc sulked as the people led it outside. As soon as the door shut, however, Ioc disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared back inside.

Ioc grabbed the arm of a random stranger, linking arms with her.

"Do you know where I could find a fabrial washing machine?" Ioc asked.

1 hour ago, Gancho Libre said:

Ioc sulked as the people led it outside. As soon as the door shut, however, Ioc disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared back inside.

Ioc grabbed the arm of a random stranger, linking arms with her.

"Do you know where I could find a fabrial washing machine?" Ioc asked.

I thought Ioc was in that Mayhem of Era 2 thread now? Well anyway

Araha jumped as someone grabbed her arm. She turned to her side and saw the man from earlier. She felt mix of fear and confusion. "I-I-I, I don't know." She said. She felt that Ran was about to turn into a larger form maybe to try and intimidate the man. Araha touched the 'hair clip' as if to say 'it's alright, I got this.' She took a deep breath and looked at the man again, relaxing as much as she could. "I-I don't think you can find one here though, probably best if you ask someone who knows about these, like those Ardents, there aren't any Ardents here though." She was apparently good at talking without breaking when under pressure, it was still to be seen if she was good at diplomacy.

Edited by Cyanic

Damaya put away whatever she held in her hands and rushed over to Araha.
"I'm sure you can find a fabrial washing machine in the Alleycity. You can find almost everything there."
she told the strange man.
"But you won't find it by holding her. Please, let her go."

He found the Perpendicularity just outside of town, ending up near the Horneater Peaks. Taking a right turn at the tree, instead of left, Alum found himself just outside a small building, overgrown with vegetation. A sign advertised vacancies for worldhoppers. His arms still covered with cloth, concealing his two metal spikes, Alum went to enter through the front door, but not before a quick word to his spren.

"Are you sure this is the front entrance?" he asked. "Last time I managed to make a new doorway instead of using the front gate. You're the one who's supposed to keep track of this."

"Yes," his spren whispered. "Front door. Map said so." The inkspren gestured towards an elegantly crafted drawing depicting the floor plans. It was covered by a cobweb. They had a library, too, Alum noticed. A perfect place to catch his bearings.

"Keep a look out, Pyrus." With that, he entered the building, fishing for spheres. A number of people were frequenting the lobby - ignoring the commotion, he walked up to the person who looked the most Edgedancer-y and asked about a room.

Damaya answered the glance with an apologetic smile. She wasn't sure what she could really do to get him away von Araha. The man seemed to be crazy and dangerous. And he frightened her a lot.

Edited by Sorana

A woman walked through the door of the Waystop.

”We got an order for a Soulcaster. Who here is Mr Amber?”

”That would be me. As you can see, there is a small crater in the middle of the room that needs to be fixed.”

”Ah, I see.” Concentrating, the woman laid her hand against the ground. Gemstones on her wrist flashed and the floor of the Waystop was perfect again.

”Thank you.” Mr Amber pulled out some spheres, including a large gemstone to replace one that cracked in the Soulcaster. “That will be a all.”

Nodding, the woman left the Waystop. “Alright now.” Said Mr Amber. “Time to set up some chocolate.”

"Yes, I've got some."

He set them down a pile on the ground.

"Also some handguns, a few mines, and a bear trap."

He threw the handuns and the bear trap in the pile.

"But I need an eye scan and your fingerprint for these mounted gatling guns I'm setting up. Two are manual, and three so you can override them."

Ioc looked at the two figures who were conversing with it. They seemed to be afraid of it. Didn't they know Ioc was a fun-loving friendly machine of awesomeness?

'Huh,' said Association Cortex. 'FLFMOA. I like it,'

'Noted,' said Subconscious. 'But how can we convince these nice people that we don't mean any harm?'

'I got it!' said Amygdala. He told them. They nodded.

Ioc pulled out a pair of knives and began juggling them right in front of the human's faces. It tried to ignore the pain when it cut itself, but with Somatosensory Cortex around, ignoring that was hard.

"Don't worry," Ioc said as a knife slipped and almost cut clean through his wrist. "I have perfect control over these. There's no need to be afraid,"

One of the knives bounced, flat side first, off Ioc's skull. Ioc caught the knife, spinning it back up. "That could have been bad, am I right?" it said to the humans.

Araha's fear and confusion was replaced by caution and confusion. She took another breath. "Please stop juggling knives." She said as she stood up slowly, careful not to get accidentally stabbed by the flying knives, and standing so that they didn't fall on her. "You asked about a fabrial washing machine, right?" She asked, still cautious of the knives, "like I said, it's not around here, and you might have an easier time asking one of the ardents, which there are none here. And uhh... please stop juggling the knives, you could juggle something else though? Something lighter and less sharp?"

Damaya stepped backwards, eyeing the knives, and the blood running down his hands, dripping onto the floor. She tweaked herself, hoped to wake up from this nightmare, but nothing changed. Keeping close to Araha she kept quiet and let the other woman do the talking. It wouldn't help if the both asked him to do the same thing.

Coru left his place on her arm and settled on her skirt, obviously trying to see what was going on, without her noticing, as Damaya still stared at the knives in disbelief.

Edited by Sorana

Clay and Kicker quietly slipped into the room to watch the show. He was eating some freshly baked bread from the kitchen. 

"Two crysts says he's using allomancy," Clay whispered to his horse. Kicker responded with a look that seemed to say, You're on. If he was Steelpushing he wouldn't have cut himself. 

As Ioc juggled, Clay made a mental note of what the knives looked like. If someone got stabbed later, he'd have a suspect. Or, if he needed to murder someone later, he could frame the man by using a similar weapon to stab the victim. 

Kicker snorted. "You're right," Clay responded, eyes still fixed on the whirling blades. "It's probably just a distraction." He tore his eyes away to scan the room for anyone trying to pick his pocket. I'm acting too much like Mace. I've got to lighten up. 

Clay pulled a banjo from his bag and began to pluck its strings ominously in time with the movement of the blades. When people started giving him annoyed looks, he transitioned into playing Fucik's Entry of the Gladiators. He didn't know much about entertainment culture in these parts, but someone had told him once that playing upbeat songs improved any performance. 

Ioc saw Yzabet trying to ignore it. Why did everyone misunderstand Ioc's intentions?

'I don't think what we're doing is big enough,' said Amygdala. 'We need to show them we mean no harm,'

Ioc stopped juggling, letting the knives fall point first into its palms, so they looked like hemalurgic spikes.

Which was definitely not what they were.

Ioc jerked its hands upwards, freeing the knives from his hands, and let the sharp blades fall to the ground.

Then, Ioc pulled out a gigantic metal axe from his purse, which was woven from certain kinds of Expanding glass, and places the tip of it's huge, blood stained blade on its forehead so the entire weapon stood balanced in the air. 

Then, Ioc jumped and Lashed itself back down as quickly as possible. This meant that Ioc hit the ground before the axe did.

Because of a little jerk Ioc's head had done, the axe spun in midair and fell back down so the handle balanced on Ioc's forehead instead. 

Repeat.