16 Year Peace

Nohadon

Hi Everyone! Good war that was! So this is the thread where you write about what happens with any of your character's during the sixteen year peace. It can be anything from a short-story to a simple summary! I'll start us off. Here's Year 1 of the 16 year peace that happens in Devaan's training ground (If I'm not writing any of the characters used accurately, let me know)

Spoiler

Devaan sat on the edge of his training grounds, overlooking the Seran mountains, the view was really something to behold, the way the frost-covered trees formed a slope upwards through the clouds, over and over again, mountain after mountain, and endless expanse of rock, snow and trees. Sethramir sat on his lap, Atius over his shoulder. The war had ended, a treaty had been formed, TUBA, The Ghostbloods and the Black Crusade had formed an uneasy peace to help destroy the Dark Alley’s hemalurgic creatures and the Chaos. It took some time, but it happened, the Chaos was driven back, the monstrosities dead.

So why did Devaan hate himself?

He sat on the edge of the grounds, over that edge was a drop of over seven hundred Rosharan meters. He sat here once again, as he did once a week, debating whether or not he should throw himself off. He always talked himself out of it. But maybe not this time. He found himself inching closer and closer to the edge. Could he do it? Could he jump? He considered it. His confidence wavered.

No.

He dragged himself back from the ledge

You abandoned Rashan

Those three words. They echoed in his mind over and over again. He couldn’t get them out.

He would do it.

Devaan stood up, put his two blades down next to each other, and began writing his note.

“Mister Devaan?” A small, childlike voice asked. That was Mara’s voice. It snapped him out of what he was about to do. He might not have much in this life, but he had his five students, he had Rashan’s legacy, and hewould not fail them.

“I’m just admiring the view Mara” He lied, forcing cheerfulness into his voice

“Oh okay. Silphio and Ethil accidentally set training dummy on fire again”

Lord ruler, that was the third time since the war

Devaan turned around and strode back to where Ethil and Silphio, the two eldest of his trainees were running around trying to find water while Mejin, the teenage girl stood, arms crossed and tutting at the two boys. Devaan used Atius to douse the flames

“You need to be more careful, you two” Devaan smiled at the two of them

“Sorry Master Devaan” Ethil said, chastised

“You ok sir?” Silphio asked, obviously worried. He saw Devaan earlier this morning, sick from a hangover with several empty casks of horneater white lying around next to him.

“Better than the lord mistborn himself Silph,” Devaan told him, walking up to his room, opening the liquor cabinet and staring longingly at the Hallandren whiskey sitting on the top shelf.

Several months went by, Devaan changed each week, sometimes he drank nightly, sometimes he didn’t open the sinful cabinet for several weeks straight. He was grumpy and humorless at the best of times, and downright violent at the worst.

It was one particular week when he completely flew off the hinges. It was a heavy week, every meal was accompanied with a drink, including those in the morning. He spent the nights in a drunken stupor, and the mornings hungover, staying in his room, on the fifth day of this, He woke up at noon, and started the training sessions, when he heard Mejin shout for him from her room.

“Devaan! Something happened!” 

Devaan sighed, then trudged up to Mejin’s room, opening the door. She stood, holding a shard of stone, a piece given to Devaan by Kane, to remember. Mejin was holding it, her cryptic wrapped around the stone, was pulsing rapidly, It was reacting to the stone.

“What do I do?” Mejin asked Devaan. A simple question, all Devaan needed to do was tell her to leave it alone, and talk to her cryptic.

But that’s not what Devaan did this time.

Rage bubble up in Devaan, inexplicable rage. Devaan stepped forward clumsily, he was out of practice, and slung a haymaker straight for Mejin’s jaw, she didn’t even try to dodge as the punch hit her, too shocked to move.

She hit the ground with a yell.

In an instand Ethil and Silphio were in the room, and saw what happened. Silphio drew his dagger, Ethil drew his dueling canes and they advanced in unison, acting as if they knew what their teammate was going to do before they did. Well trained.

“You two are going to try take me?” Devaan snarled

“You need to take a look at yourself. You’re disgusting” Ethil told him

“We’ve all lost people. You need to accept that, and stop taking out your anger, your loss and your grief on others. What did Mejin do to deserve this?” Silph said, staring at Mejin, a look of quieted anger in his eyes.

They advanced as one, Ethil lunged, aiming for the head with his cane, Silph went low, dagger darting out for the kneecaps.

But Devaan was still an extraordinary fighter.

Ducking the cane lunge, Devaan quickly stepped on Silphio’s dagger, disarming him, he kicked Silphio in the chest with his other foot while simultaneously throwing Ethil aside by the dueling cane, both disarmed.

“You both are pathetic” Devaan told them “Get up”

Silph and Ethil stood up, shaking themselves off, going for Devaan with nothing but their bear hands. Devaan taking two on one was tough, but manageable. He was taking hits left and right though, and neither of them was pulling any punches, whenever Silph went for the left, Ethil would go for the right, making it incredibly difficult to defend from both at the same time, he had to get rid of one of them.

Silph went for a jab straight for Devaan’s nose, but made one, tiny mistake. He took a half-step forward while doing it, in that brief moment when he was only standing on one foot, Devaan ran at him, kicking him in the chest and into the wall, keeping him down for some time, he rounded on Ethil an-

Something hit him in the back of the neck.

Devaan felt the inpact, it was small and round, but thrown fast. It hurt like all hell, he picked it up, and saw it was a coin. A single, copper clip.

Devaan turned around, and saw Mara and Max in the doorway, looking terrified at Devaan. He stalked towards them, infuriated, then caught a glimpse of himself in a mirror down the hallway.

He froze.

He saw himself, dirty, hair long, a white beard grown, clothes unchanged for the past several days and probably reeking of alchohol. He sat down, and let out a sob. What had happened to him?  How had he sunk this far? He thought about what he did over the last week, and found he could barely remember it through the cloud that was drunkenness. 

He stood up.

“I’m sorry” Devaan said quietly “I’ll be better. I swear it” He looked around, and tried to draw in stormlight.

Oh storms no, not him too.

He couldn’t draw in stormlight, he looked down and realized he had been walking around on his aluminum prosthetic, not his shardfoot.

He had killed his spren, and hadn’t even noticed it. When had it happened?  Was it today? Yesterday? What caused his spren to leave? Devaan felt profoundly empty as he dragged himself to his room, and started sobbing on his bed. Ethil respectfully closed the door.

Within three weeks, Devaan had himself sorted, apologizing profusely to everyone, the twins didn’t understand what had happened, but had referred to Devaan’s drunken rage as ‘the monster’, that hurt Devaan deeper than any shardblade wound could have. It took three more months for the trainees trust to be rebuilt in Devaan as a teacher, but eventually, he had his training ground back in order. Whenever he even thought about turning back to the drink, he would think of Ethil and Silphio’s look of betrayal. He had to trust them, as he sat on his ledge again, this time not for any particular reason aside from enjoying the view, something clicked inside of him, the emptiness started to disappear.

“I… I will trust those who have been betrayed”

These words are accepted.

Devaan looked at his spren, alive and well once again, after several long months without Venral, he was finally back.

You better start apologizing right now for killing me or may mother help youVenral scolded him.

Devaan laughed and started apologizing once again, laughing as he used to. He hadn’t laughed in a long time, but it felt like he was finally getting his life back in order, the echo that was once booming in his mind was now a whisper in the back of it, easily ignored, but not gone just yet.

• Archer featured and unfeatured this topic

Date: 1 month after the end of the seven day war

Viewpoints: Ambrosia Nightshade and Atticus Voidlight

Ambrosia wept. She wept as she had never wept before. She hated her father for his crimes, and it was for the greater good that he was dead. But she had loved him. So she wept. She clutched the piece of gemheart to her chest. 

"You were a disturbed man, but you meant well. You believed you were on the right path. THis is an excuse of tyrants and murderers throughout history, but even then, I love you. I wish it didn't have to be this way. You shouldn't have left Scadrial. It wasn't Harmony's fault."

Tears washed down her face, she didn't even notice that the boots of her radiation suit were starting to become full of water. She felt emotions no seven year old should ever have to face. Deep grief, anger, hatred, longing, sorrow, and deep down. Deep down there was a glimmer of happiness. She looked down at the body of her father, Anthony Nightshade, who had named himself Hellbent. She pushed him into the grave they had dug, on the exact spot he had died. His body hit the floor with a crunch and a splat. She turned away. Her sadness started to abate. She felt like she had aged 20 years in a few hours. She teleported away.

Atticus was angry. His blood boiled. He was angry at Devaan, who had killed the man that had been like a father to him. But even more, he was angry at Hellbent. In a twisted way, he was glad he was dead. How dare he leave him. But beyond all that, was anger with himself. He hated that he hadn't been there to help. He hated that Hellbent had died, and not him. He hated that he was unmarked, yet Hellbent was in the beyond. He no longer believed that Hellbent was a god. Gods don't die. But he was still a hero. A figure of legend. Annoyed that the radiation suit stopped him from touching Hellbents skin, proving to himself that he was dead, he took the molten glass, and he poured it over the body. He pored it until the grave was done. Then he poured red and purple molten glass, leaving a swirling pattern of read and purple above the grave.

"You were a god. You were a father. To your daughter. And to me. I am deeply grieved at your death. Your death has taken something from me. Now I need a new purpose in life. I can no longer be part of your church. Because I know, you aren't a true god. You never were. But I forgive you. Because you were a good man. I kind man. You didn't' deserve to die."

The Lightweaver and the Elantrian he had hired stood by. The lightweaver gave him a questioning look. He nodded. As the lightweaver did a careful soulcasting, making a beautiful marble tombstone out of air and ground, he felt something strange. He didn't know what it was. He had never felt it before. The Elantrian stepped forward, and carved an Aon into the glass. Aon Dao. It was stability, security. This grave would be stable, it wouldn't crack. Then he carved a second. Aon Ene. Endurance. This grave would endure against the elements. Rain, lightning, wind, none would damage it. And finally he carved Aon Edo, for protection. And safety. This grave would be protected forever, safe from harm. They had took no chances. He carved the Aons into the back of the tombstone as well, making it just as safe and strong. The soulcaster used more stormlight, making a brilliant white marble building around it, with strong pillars, a domed roof, and a skull on the top. The Elantrian. carved the symbols again, once in each pattern. He climbed up on top, carving them into the roof. Then once more On the skull. He jumped off. Then he began to paint. Paint as Atticus had never seen before. This Elantrian was also a master artist. He painted vines, climbing up the pillars, going around the base of the dome, spreading over the roof of the dome, and creeping onto the floor, which the soulcaster had made out of obsidian. The only iddity was that it cut off abruptly at a certain point. He melded into the vines the three Aons, again and again. It was beautiful. He painted flowers and and fruit, making the most beautiful painting. Something nothing in the area could ever rival.The soulcaster then used all of the remaining stormlight to create a bronze layer on the dome, and continued the end of the painting with green metal, and the leaving open holes for the fruits and flowers. Then a group of people came in, adding brilliant gemstones for the fruits and flowers. Ruby, emerald, diamond, aquamarine, amethyst, topaz. They had spared no expense. Though Hellbents thieving empire did help. The soulcaster then made the marble skull coated in chromium, and then they filled the insides of it with rubies and amethysts, then molten glass inside it. The Elantrian made a last round, again carving the Aons into the metal, the skull, everything. Then he did one last thing, and carved Aon Ashe into the flowers of the roof, and into the chromium coated skull. 

"It is done. I have made a near invincible grave that will stand for centuries at least, and your body will be perfectly preserved. I go now on a journey I never thought I would have to take, a journey to fins my purpose. Goodbye, Hellbent, who was originally Anthony Nightshade. Goodbye."

He walked slowly out of the crater, out of the city, and stripped off the radiation suit. He put on Hellbent's armor. He left.

Mr. Amber sat on his desk and rubbed his twisted leg. Even traveling to Earth had not helped it in any way. He looked out the nearby window and saw 1 year old Ski playing with her Crystin Knight guardians. Sighing he stood up at grabbed his golden cane. He had almost gotten out the door when a light flashed on his desk. Walking back he pulled out a spanreed, which had a perfectly cut gem still glowing with stormlight even after a year away from the alleyverse. Setting up the spanreed, Mr Amber twisted the top and it began to write.

Mr. Amber. 

I regret that it took this long to contact you. I have unfortunate news. The man known as Soul is dead,

he died in the battle of the Alleycity which I am told you witnessed.

We searched and talked to people who knew him and we finally found his home, which as you 

probably know is a hollow mountain far away from any portals. We searched through this, and found

a will which he had complete in case he died in this war.

I will not send the whole will to you now, 

but you may like to know that he mentioned you. He left you his supply of Crysts which he kept in the bank,

and he happened to leave you the very cavern he called home including all valuable materials the mountain

may contain.

He would like you to take care of funeral services as soon as you possibly could, 

but we regret to inform you that there is no body left to bury. 

Details of how he wants the funeral are enclosed in the will and

we would appreciate it if you could come to 

The Alleyverse Deceased Citizen Funeral Arrangements Headquarters to pick up the will ASAP.

The distribution of his further belongings 

to the people mentioned in his will, will be left in your responsibility. 

Sincerely 

The Alleyverse Deceased Citizen Funeral Arrangements™

The spanreed deactivated and fell into it's slot. Mr. Amber stared in silence for a long while at the message before walking out of his office. Walking out towards Ski and her minders, he spoke.

"I must leave for a month or two. An old friend has passed away and I must go take care of funeral arrangements. I will return to continue caring for my niece when I have completed this. Is it all right for you to continue her education and training while I am away?"

"Yes, we can do that. I am sorry about your friend. What happened?"

"It was an explosion at work. They deal with experimental technology and my friend was always slightly careless. I will return in a few months."

With this Mr. Amber walked back towards his office and grabbed the few supplies he would need. Taking his black glass car he drove to a secluded area, opened a portal to the Alleyverse, and drove in.

I'll write up the funeral later.

Also, if there is already a name for the organization (Which I'm assuming is run by TUBA) that takes care of dead characters, say so and I'll change it.

This is my character's introduction. It's presumably some way into the 16 Year Peace, once significant rebuilding has taken place, although I'm not pinning an exact date in case there's an RP set during the period that I want to join.

He awoke on the outskirts of the city, nestled against the rising peaks of the mountains. His head throbbed in time with his pulse, and his vision had blurred. A small, dark figure sat crosslegged on his chest, and he squinted at it.

"You appear to be awake," Pyrus said. The inkspren's soft voice rustled in his ear.

"And you appear to be correct." A thought pushed at him, but it was veiled, hidden through his pain. "I'm not dead. Maybe. Thank the Almighty for that." He sat up, and Pyrus moved to a nearby stone, sitting in a similar fashion. His mind was groggy, and he struggled to think of where he was. Mountains. Travelling?

It kicked into gear, ticking over at its usual pace. He was on a mountain. Dawn. "Do you know where we ended up?"

"Somewhere new."

He tentatively picked up a pebble and dropped it, wincing at the movement of his arm. It confirmed his feelings. "It's not Roshar. Gravity's too strong. Yolen, maybe?" He tried to remember his brief time there. It had faded into a fog, not helped by his condition. Storms, he needed to use his copperminds more.

"A city is. Large, like Elendel."

"Elendel wasn't in a crater. And it's too grey for Hallandren. Wrong shape. Similar temperature, maybe a bit hotter? We might have an unknown planet on our hands." He wiggled his toes. "How are my legs?"

"You should be able to walk."

"Excellent." He stood, feeling his vision swim against a pattern of white and purple spots, and managed to stagger forward a few paces. "No one stole anything?"

"No. Will you be changing spikes?"

He looked at his left arm, seeing the two metal nails driven through the flesh. Once he would have winced, but he was used to it now. All in the name of scholarship. "We'll leave the Rithmatist one in, I should think. What name shall we use?"

"Scadrian?"

"We've used Lalaix recently. How about an Alethi darkeyes? Alum?"

"Alum."

"Good." He took another staggering step, then remembered to pick up his bags. Cans tinkled inside. Perhaps it would be safer to wear all his spikes at once, but Alum had made an oath. Power corrupted, especially power granted by shards such as Ruin. So Alum stuck to two. Right now, he had a brass F-Copper spike next to his Rithmatic one.

He hoisted the bag on his back, slid his pistols into their holsters, and looked towards the distant city. Dawn had just begun to break, with orange light spilling across the crater. He could see the buildings more clearly - a series of alleyways cutting across the plane of buildings. Some sort of destruction had taken place, but there was rebuilding going on, new buildings springing up in the worst affected areas. A massive spike appeared untouched by the damage. Pulling quickly from his metal bracelets, Alum sorted through all his records. None matched what he saw in front of him.

Alum took another step down the hill. "Alright, Pyrus. Let's go find out what this place is."

Edited by MetaTerminal
Fixed some typos, added a few sentences.

On the topic of SDW:

@Grey Knight whoops. I was under the impression yall was fixing it. uh-oh. :)

It materialized on the summit of a mountain, overlooking a spectacular array of landscaping phenomena. It breathed heavily. It was still distraught. It had won, of course, but the immense buildup of pressure frustrated It.

But now that the buildup, and the frustration with it, had diminished slightly, It laughed.

The laugh was not a cruel laugh, as it had been at the battlefield, but this was a kind, joyous laugh. It was soon slapping Its knees.

It understood why It underwent that sudden mood change. It wasn't just because of Its use of Investiture and the release of frustration. That was the false reason Its brain came up with.

The reason was one of containment.

Because of the output of adrenaline and the mind's rejection of most pains during a certain state, that state being anger, an angry being was far more dangerous than a happy one. And It was so amazingly powerful (Though It discovered early on the price that came with ridiculous power), so if that power doubled with the anger, as it had at the battlefield, It would become even more powerful. (Well, technically, this is not true. It would retain the power level it always held, but in an angered state It would be more liable to use the power at Its disposal) 

And since the laws of the Alleyverse didn't much like insanely powerful beings, It's vast subconscious subtly altered the hormones in Its bloodstream. (Though, technically, the bloodstreams were only there as to give an impression of a body there; It did not rely on Its body as normal men do and thus doesn't have hormones. [but It does have feelings]. This is all very important, as Its body was able and liable to evaporate into a beige mist and fly around; this activity being, obviously, exceedingly dangerous for a normal man to do)

It was done laughing now, and It straightened. It sighed staring at the view.

"It's amazing!" Captain Obvious said.

"Yes," The Internal Answering Machine (IAM) replied.

It ignored both voices, staring out at the amazing creations of Adonalsium and His Shards.

Tena scratched between Fangblade's ears with one hand, and the Labrador Retriever, now named Bud, pushed at her other hand with his nose. She set down her book and scratched Bud's chin. His tail wagged furiously. 

"I do not understand why he gets scratched in better places than I do," Fangblade said grumpily. Tena rolled her eyes and scratched his chin too. 

15 years had passed since the War for the Alleycity, but Tena still looked 29, having bought a great deal of Breath on Nalthis. Her mental faculties weren't screwed up (yet), and the constant rage and bloodlust she'd felt after the War had faded down nicely. She missed Mace's shenanigans and Soul's insanity, but that had faded as well. She barely thought about them anymore. 

Yep, life was good.

Time: About two weeks post SDW.

Silas was sad. He usually was, because there was something wrong with his brain, apparently. Six years ago, when he was just two, his parents disappeared, so he had been raised by his grandpa for the last six years. Two things made Silas happy: his grandfather’s stories, and then the power he felt from tapping and burning metals. His mother had been a chromium Misting, while his father had been a zinc Ferring, both of which abilities he received.  Silas was sitting down at his grandfather’s feet, next to the fire. His grandfather began speaking: “One month ago, a good friend of mine died. His name was Jaco Seresh, and while he might not have been the most sane, deep down he was a good person, shockingly enough. That is, up until the Seven Day War started. He was changed against his will into a demon, Bloodbath, who still walks this land. Apparently, however, Jaco freed his mind from Bloodbath, setting his shadow free. So what should you say if you see a lone shadow, Silas?”

“Hello, fellow, want some Jell-O?” Silas quickly (and wrongly) responded.

“No, silly boy! Say ‘Oh fellow I see, a person was lost, for I am of the house of Jost. A person I know, away he did go, and so his soul was tossed.’ Jaco wrote those words for us to use as a code. The proper response to hear is - *%@$! They’re here! Run!” Old Grandfather urged.

“I can’t leave you, grandpa! I need your help!” Silas cried.

“Then leave me with a hug,” grandfather said.

Silas looked at the staff which his grandfather always carried with him. Silas had assumed that the spike on the end was a relic from when his grandfather had been a warrior. He was wrong, for the spike was an uncharged pewter hemalurgic spike.

As they embraced for a final time, grandfather stabbed the spike up through his shoulderblade and into Silas’ heart. Silas now had his grandfather’s feruchemic steel, making Silas quite quick.

As Silas looked at the burning remains of his home, he saw a bodyless shadow. So, Silas said the proper thing: “Oh fellow I see, a person was lost, for I am of the house of Jost. A person I know, away he did go, and so his soul was tossed.”

*%@$! They’re here! Run!” the shadow cried. “Follow me! I will teach you how to live on the streets and protect you!” 

So, as a new chapter of his life began, Silas Jostson chased Jaco’s shadow into the nearest alleyway.

I’ll post a character sheet later.

Edited by Mirv

One day after the SDW

Storm awoke. somewhere.

He bolted up into a sitting position. Where was he! War! fighting! War...

He noticed the Steel walls, he was in the Canton of Combat. he vaguely remembered following.. that one girl. getting here, not much after that. He wasn't sure how long he had slept, it felt like an eternity, but he was exhausted anyway. But he was alive, Harmony but he was alive..

Three days later, in the TUBA base

Everyone had gathered. TUBA members, refugees, a few Ghostbloods, even some of Drako's warriors. This was one of the only places left that had enough resources to support the many people from the Alleyverse, without alerting suspicion from the ordinary people, people who weren't Alleyverse aware, or even Cosmere aware. But they would rebuild.

He stepped forward, all eyes turned towards him. damnation, it still surprised him that he of all people was in charge here. But, he had to put on a face. It was his duty now to be strong, because others looked to him. 

"Friends." Storm said. "We have all been through much in these past few days, and I will keep my words now brief. Seven days, we fought. Both together, and against each other. It was bloody, and exhausting. But a few of us had better vision..." He paused. "Rashan. he tried to unite us, he tried to make us see, and he is dead now, a great man lost. We also lost great warriors." Storm almost choked on his next words, "Ma-- Mace Klasten. one of my closest friends.. is missing in action, presumed dead." A subdued silence fell over the room, the other TUBA members especially. "From what we know, he was not defeated by any members of the Space Marines (Black Crusade? [I always get those confused, please tell me so I can edit it so its correct] ) or the DA. The most likely candidate is that of one of the many Hemalurgic abominations that overran the city. An enemy that United us, as Rashan wanted. May we honor Rashan's dying wishes, and work together to rebuild.

Storm turned away from the crowd, Swing buzzed on his shoulder. "Hmmm. Truths and Lies" she said distantly.

"What were the lies?" Storm asked, slightly confused.

"Not lies in words, lies in feelings." Swing replied

"You mean.. the act?"

"Hmm. yes" Swing said

It was true. all Storm really wanted to do was go curl up and be alone, hide, rest, grieve. That was his true self. But he would be strong for a little longer..

just a little longer...

Here's years 2-6 of Devaan's training ground.

Spoiler

Year Two:

Devaan had started training the twins, Mara showed a natural affinity for shortswords, and Max seemed to like the dueling cane as a weapon. Ethil and Silphio now seventeen, Ethil had developed smokeform exceptionally well, and Silph had mastered his Aimian body magic, allowing him to harden his skin in the split-second before impact, making him a very dangerous fighter. Mejin had become a second oath lightweaver, and was now practicing with the surge of illumination. The training ground itself had gone under renovations, it now had a shooting range, where Silph and Ethil would practice firearms, a forge, where Devaan could make weapons, a small farm with rosharan chull, some scadrian cattle and even three nalthian boars. Crops were also grown there, wheat, vegetables and various other assortments of herbs and spices used for both cooking and medicinal purpose.

Max had started learning the subtleties of rioting from Devaan, while Mara was trying to learn how to steelpush properly, they had both only had a year of practice, but they were learning quickly, Devaan was yet to teach them soulbearing. He discovered their investiture when they were sparing against eachother and Max suddenly sent out a wave of fatigue, he was decently strong in allomatic strength, but in a reaction, Mara had steelpushed the metal end of the dueling cane away from Max.

It was a normal afternoon, Mara and Max were practicing wielding blunt shardblades, just in case they needed to or wanted to wield one. Devaan sparred with Silph and Ethil, while Mejin was taking a trip down to Seran city to test her skills in deception and lightweaving, Devaan had allowed her to go on the condition she had to hike down to the city and back up unless in danger. Then she was allowed to use an Aon Tia ring she had been given. The day was sunny, and the temperature was warmer than most days, almost reaching ten degrees when the visitors arrived.

Akrasia and Riathor landed in front of Devaan, so he ended the sparring match by quickly disarming both Silphio and Ethil.

“And to what do I owe the pleasure of being visited by alleycity mayor?” Devaan asked good naturedly

“The fact that you are a storming war hero that’s why!” Akrasia laughed back.

“Devaan, we need your help on something” Riathor told him

“You’ve got a job for me?”

“A job for us

“come to the bunker, we’ll discuss it there” Devaan led his two friends down underneath the house, descending down the ladder until they reached a steel room, Devaan closed the hatch.

“I’ll let Riathor explain” Akrasia said

“We received an anonymous tip saying that a giant monster has been causing trouble on Taldain, Akrasia and I believe that it’s a DA escapee causing havoc”

“And you want me to take care of it?”

“Pretty much, yes. But we’ll be with you every step of the way” Akrasia smiled at Devaan

“Give me a couple hours to prepare my trainees, then I’ll do it” Devaan climbed back up the ladder, walking up to Silphio.

“Silph, I want you and Ethil in charge of training, I’ll be gone for a couple weeks at the least. I want Mejin to make sure that you two don’t burn the house down. Look after the twins while I’m away, teach them how to fight different invested people, and some more advanced techniques. Try get Max into the staff, I have a feeling he might like that.”

“Yes sir!” Silph said, running over to Ethil and Mejin to relay the news.

Year Three:

Devaan returned from his expedition to Taldain at the start of the year, he was gone for two and a half months, remarkably, that house hadn’t burnt down while he was gone. Silph had improved, and apparently had a talk to Death, he was bestowed with the powers of allomatic chromium. Meaning he was now a leecher as well as being able to fly exceptionally well now. Ethil had mastered his cadmium compounding, and was starting to learn how to wield his shardblade, as was Silphio.

Max had taken exceptionally well to the staff, Devaan had already set to making a weapon for him when he found out how naturally gifted he was with them. Mara was becoming a real threat with one short sword, and is now trying to duel wield them. Devaan would get some obsidian shortswords for her if she was able to learn duel wielding in the time she trained here. Mara was quickly becoming a funny individual, quick to crack jokes in most situations, the conversations between her and Silphio were interesting to say the least. Devaan thought it was a shame that Max is still scared of Silphio because of his spikes, but it’s getting better, seeing how Max will now sit with the rest of the trainees at the dinner table instead of staying in his room. The only real difficulties with the twins is that Mara tends to break things when angry, more than once had Devaan sent Mara to hike down the mountain path to replace things she had broken in one of her tantrums, it happened less after Devaan stopped letting her take any winter clothes when walking down and up the freezing cold mountain. Devaan himself was learning how to control his radiant shardplate being a fourth oath edgedancer, lifespren flocked to him to encase him in vibrant green shardplate, he was learning slowly how to create and dismiss plate efficiently. The year ended very uneventfully. Which is never a bad thing.

The Twins

Year Four:

“Hey, you know what would be a pretty cool Idea?” Mara asked Max, they were both eleven now, and doing fairly well in their training. Mara had just come back from being sent down the mountain to replace more things she had broken, and was a little mad at Devaan for being sent down again.

“What?” Max replied

“If we showed old Devaan how far we’ve come by sneaking up on him and beating him in a fight!”

“That won’t end well, count me out”

“Oh come on! Stop being such a pushover Max! It’s two on one and he can’t be thatstrong. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do anything without those fancy swords of his, and we have allomancy”

“That’s true, but there’s a reason that Silph and Ethil and Mejin would listen to Master Devaan, he has to be strong” Max said hesitantly

“Well, I’m going to do it tonight, I heard Devaan snoring from his room. You can either come with me or stay like a scared baby axehound”

“Fine! I’ll come! Happy?”

“You betcha” Mara snuck out of the room, Max reluctantly following behind her, they moved as quietly as possible, but they hadn’t been trained in much stealth aside from the pointers Ethil had gave them. The twins made their way down to Devaan’s room, and silently opened the door and entered.

Devaan’s eyes snapped open

Mara noticed this, and abandoned the stealthy approach, running at Devaan full speed, short-sword extended into a long-reaching guard, Max followed up with his staff.

Several things happened at once.

Devaan sat up, and his skin began glowing. Not with stormlight, but his skin took on a silvery colour.

Devaan began to blur, catching the wooden practice shortsword and snapping it with one hand, he then tapped his palms and did a small circular motion, a concussive force emitted from his body, sending the twins back.

“What exactly were you thinking?” Devaan asked crossly

“That you’d just sneak up on me while I was asleep so you can win a match against me?”

“That was pretty much the idea, yes” Mara said sheepishly

“Well look how well that turned out. Both of you go back to your room and get some sleep, training sessions will be twice as hard tomorrow. But from now on we’ll play a game similar to this. When I’m asleep, if you manage to sneak into my room and tap my shoulder, I’ll let you have the day to do what you want. But, if I notice you in my room, for every minute you are in here, you wake up an hour earlier the next day to train.” 

“What if we didn’t try to tap you and never entered your room?” Max asked

“Then training begins as usual”

“Sounds fair enough” Mara said

“Good. Now you’ve both been in my room for two minutes already so I’m waking both of you up two hours earlier”

The twins groaned in unison.

Silphio & Ethil

Years Five and Six:

Silphio and Ethil had both turned twenty-one, because of that, Devaan had sent the two of them out on an expedition to a minor shardworld called first of the sun to investigate rumors of this strange death Island known as Patji, apparently there were mysterious magical birds that sat around the perpendicularity, so Silphio and Ethil were excited to see what was on this strange and unique planet. They had been instructed to make their way to the planet completely on their own, which took six months, and then stay there for one year before returning. Silphio wore Atius, in greatsword form across his back, with his dagger on his waist and his shardblade bonded to him. Ethil had his dueling canes strapped to his back in a cross formation. They stood on the edge of the perpendicularity, ready to jump in. Fluffy, now a full grown whitespine, and Catha-catha, Silphio’s pet laarkin were both next to the two of them.

“So here’s the plan, we’ll send Catha-catha in to scout, that guide we got said something about this place being a death trap, so it’s a good idea to send a laarkin in first, as if whatever is waiting on the other side is investited, we have a chance of surviving. Sound good?” Ethil asked Silphio

“Sounds good” Silph said, not really listening. Ethil was the planner, Silphio was the doer in this team. The Laarkin flew into the perpendiculariy, and moments later emerged back in the cognitive realm, letting out a squawk 

“So the perpendicularity is a no-go” Silph said

“I guess so” Ethil replied

“I’ve got an elsecaller card in my deck, do you have one in yours?”

“I think so; It’s boots right?”

“Mine’s four of boots”

“That’s Aon Tia for me”

“Well start searching then”

After some time, Ethil found the card he was looking for, the Ace of boots, elsecalling. The two walked far away from the perpendicularity, but still on the island. They didn’t want to elsecall into the ocean after that time in Roshar. The two tapped their cards, and emerged in a flash of light onto a coast. Critter’s littered the soft beach of the island.

“Okay, we’re to live here for a year, lets start building a place” Ethil said to Silph

“About that” Silph said awkwardly 

“Oh, what is it?”

“I have no Idea how to build anything.” 

“Neither do I?”

“We’re in for a long night then”

“Or a long year”

It wasn’t until four weeks later that the small, 2-room wooden hut was finished.

Each week came with new challenges. Food shortages. Water shortages. Wild beasts roaming towards the house, but it wasn’t until eight months that the birds started roosting. Two of them came and started living on the roof of the hut. One was a dark grey bird with red talons and a sharp red beak. The other was brown, it was smaller and its talons and beak were blue.

“So. Do we want to keep these birds? They seem pretty friendly” Ethil asked

“Storms yes! Of course I want to keep it!” Silph said happily feeding it.

The second last day:

Ethil got up before Silph today. That was a rare occurrence, usually Silph is on the roof with his birds, watching the sun rise. Ethil tapped his gemheart and assumed smokeform, walking through the walls of the house and around the beach. He couldn’t be seen in smokeform, or so he thought.

When he got back to the house, a giant white beast was crouched outside the door, staring at Ethil, growling. It looked like some type of cat, but huge. Bigger than Ethil had ever seen. Patji was a strange place.

So Ethil yelled for Silphio to get up, then Immediately opened a cadmium bubble. Waiting and only dropping it when Silphio opened the door. 

Ethil ran at the beast, extending his dueling cane’s blades towards the beast. Ethil did a flip over it (flying over it while flipping) and took out his dagger, diving straight towards it.

The beast pounced on Ethil, leaping through the air.

But Silphio was faster. He tackled the beast and sent him and it to the ground. The beast didn’t hesitate and immediately bit down on Silphio’s arm. Reaching the bone, Silphio let out a scream, then stabbed the beast in the stomach. Ethil ran up to the beast and impaled one of it’s paws with his dagger, but the beast used the other claw to scratch Silphio across the back, raking it’s paw through it.

Silphio flew up, and back into the house, barely conscious. But the beast was bleeding and week.

Ten Heartbeats.

Ethil summoned his shardblade and drove it down on the beast’s head. It glared at him with blackened eyes. Trying to do something, trying to move, until it was dead.

Later that day. Midnight arrived. Just one more day and they could go home. Silphio’s wounds weren’t healing with stormlight or feruchemical gold. But the bodie’s natural healing process seemed to slowly do it, he was bandaged up around the arm and the back. There would be scars from this day.

2 years after the Seven Day War

“You gotta do it.” Mara said, whispering into Max’s ear. “Rusts, you have to!”

Max pointedly tried to ignore his sisters swearing, and took a deep breath. She couldn’t help feeling emotional about this. She hated Hemalurgy.

But Max didn’t. While both him and Mara had been traumatised by the spiked horrors, they’d both manifested that trauma in different ways. Mara hated spikes. She despised their existence.

Max was afraid of them.

He didn’t know how, how his sister wouldn’t freeze up at the sight of Hemalurgy like he did. It had happened so many times now it was almost instinctual.

“You have to, Max.” His sister repeated. “Come on”

As he prepared himself, Max tried not to think about what lay behind him. He couldn’t. He couldn’t! Even now he could still sense the paralysis, the creep of fear. It was getting worse.

Swiftly turning around, Max raised his arm to hit the draining dummy, and...

And...

He froze.

Like a statue in a hallway, slightly shaking, Max could still think, he could still feel, but he couldn’t move.

It was like he was being held by some invisible force, something that was sucking the life out him. He stood there for a couple minutes, frozen in place, not one pace away from the spiked dummy, mid-swing. Slowly, he began to tear up, and then cry.

“Oh, Max...” Mara said, hugging him. They were only ten, they didn’t need these problems plaguing their life. Taking one last look at the dummy, Mara screamed and Pushed, taking the dummy by it’s hinges and shooting it into a wall, pieces of it flying everywhere. Another trip to the Mountain, then.

But it was worth it. Max recovered from his paralysis, still looking shocked. Mara didn’t know how he felt, and wished she never would. For while Max had fear, she had fury, and that could be used.

Deras doesn't know it's currently 16 years later

Deras hung in a world of unchanging stasis in what literally felt like forever, and in the next, sudden instant he was deposited into a new land in the middle of the day. He didn't fall, he was just there suddenly. He looked around and saw a green expanse, somewhat familiar. In the distance, he saw the same city he'd seen before when he brought Ida to the hospital, yet different somehow. He'd hoped that the group of people from the village that he did manage to help were safe.

Behind him he could hear a loud crash and he spun.

It was the giant he was fighting with, injured and beaten from their battle but not dead, it got up onto its feet and looked straight at Deras. The sword, he held a sword, where was it?

With the intent to find it, he felt something, something he'd never really felt before. Instinctively he reached his hand to the side as the beast charged at him again. In five heartbeats, the sword materialized out of mist and into his hand. He charged the beast fast enough that he slammed into the beast's leg, blunt side of the blade first. He felt the creature's ankle buckle and break, putting it into a kneel. Deras jumped and landed himself on the giant's head, and stabbed the sword into one of its eyes. The giant instinctively closed its eyes but Deras punched through its eyelids and into its other eye, pulling and tearing it out and throwing it away. The giant roared and bucked in pain, the sword in its other eye moving erratically as it didn't find much resistance inside the giant's flesh, shimmering and cutting. Deras jumped off, leaving the blade inside the creature and falling onto his back.

The creature struggled more until it fell and convulsed. It was dead. Deras walked to where the giant's head lay intending to take back the sword, but to his surprise it was gone, and he felt it inside him somehow. He summoned it again testing what exactly this strange weapon was. Five heartbeats later, it materialized in his hand again. It seemed he could call upon it and store it? He let the blade go and it fell into the air, turning into mist the coalesced into itself and vanished.

The man nodded to himself and looked around again, he didn't know what he had to do, but apparently there was a war happening? And where there was a war there were bound to be more people that needed help, especially when it seemed like there were also strange monsters about.

He ran toward the city.

Zalhoid, in his own time, was exulting over the fact that his laboratory had survived the war. He was ready to keep experimenting on this new line of ideas. More precisely, he was trying to combine Feruchemy and quantum physics. 

He was closer to that breakthrough than he thought was even possible... 

During year 1 after the war (how Damaya got her spren)

“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.”

The boy shouted, all the others cheering him on. Damaya ducked a bit deeper into her corner and wished, that they would be quiet. She was hungry. Really hungry. The last time they found something to eat had been a while and she hoped that they would find something tomorrow.
“They don’t like you!”

A girl laughed and she heard the boy’s disappointed reply.

“But I want to fly. Like they did. When they fought the monsters. They flew through the sky and it was so cool! I want to fly like they did.”

Annoyed Damaya tried to sleep. Her stomach hurt and she felt weak. She had spent so much time searching the ruins, taking whatever she could find. But now, as the rebuilding continued it became more and more difficult to find edible food. Most was already eaten or had rotten away. Pulling her thin blanket around her shoulders she heard the beginning of a familiar discussion. Who was the coolest hero, who had slain more monsters. She knew it was one way to cope with the loss of their parents, to move on, but it hurt. They didn’t understand what they were doing, wishing for powers they might never have. But if they got that powers then there would be a day when they would have to fight, too. The day when they would have to look the monsters in the eyes and don’t go away. How could they wish for that. She remembered the woman that had found her in the street, next to the bodies of her parents. She remembered that she was just one refugee under a lot of them and yet, that woman had saved her life. As she had saved the lives of a lot others. And even she had died. There was no justice in the world. Those that chose to fight would die. They would all die. Closing her eyes she wished that her mother was here, that she would take her in her arms and hold her tight.
“I’m next. I want to try it.”

Another boy called and climbed on a stool they had found. Damaya sat up, pushing her blanket away.
“You don’t need to try it.”
she shouted.
“Can’t you all be quiet. They died, everybody died!”
Shocked faces looked at her and she saw one of the younger ones starting to cry.
“You can say these words as often as you want! So long you’re only looking for a way to fly you will never find a spren accepting them. You have to mean them, you have to put your whole life behind them. Otherwise it will never work.”

It was quiet for a while and she slowly opened her hands, closed her mouth. That had been unnecessary. They just tried to cope with the situation in a different way than she did.
“I’m going out.”

She told them and flew the room. Outside it was quiet, the world fast asleep. Only if you knew what to listen for, you could her the scavangers looking for food. Damaya walked at a brisk pace, not wanting for any of the other children to come after her. But she knew, that nobody would try. They were just a loose group that bunked together, because it was safer that way. People came and left the whole time. She headed through the ruins and finally climbed a few stones and sat down on top of them. Closing her eyes she pulled her knees up to her body and wished, that the world would change to what it was before. Her own words still echoed in her mind. You have to mean them, you can’t swear an oath without meaning it. They were a worthy ideal, no questioning that. They were something you could dedicate your life to and it would be a good thing.
“Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination”

She whispered them on a hunch and nothing happened. Well it would have been strange if it had been different. She was sure, that she didn’t want to step into the footsteps of those that had died. It was only when she turned around to leave the stones, that she saw something sitting there. It looked like an inscription, but she couldn’t decipher what it meant.
“Strong words.”

The thing said and she jumped back, nearly falling of the roof.

“And you were right. You have to mean them.”

The thing moved and it’s letters wrote something new, changing.

“What are you?”

She asked quietly, although she feard it’s answer.

“Call me Coru. You humans seem to need names for everything.”

Crawling backwards she shook her head.

“That’s not what I meant!”

Her voice shook and the thing came closer.

“You know what I am. You spoke the words.”

The world froze for a second, and then Damaya turned around and ran away, cursing herself.

Year 14 after war.(i'm making an introduction for my character)

Dayne stood on the entrance of alleyvillage, it has been 7 years since he left when he was 10 and it looked as if everything has changed he saw amazed all those buildings, higher than nothing he has saw ever before, as in the outsides the highest buildings where the 2 floors taberns, and so in order to see more of the city, he throw a coin out of his bag to the floor and began to burn steel, and he was amazed of how many blue lines he could see, more than he had ever saw before."So this is the big city, it sure was a good decition to come here" he pushed to his coin and rised into the sky, there he found some metals on buildings beside him, which he used to climb even higher, and higher until he could see most of the city below him, whith all it's lights and it's people, and so Dayne began to laugh. "Alleyvillage you better prepare, close your Doors, prepare your wepons and hide your treasures, i'm coming for you". Said before stopping to burn his steel, and plumbing into the city.

Edited by wiritos

Right after my last post.

A black vehicle made entirely out of glass pulled up in front of a TUBA building. A man in a black and gold suit stepped out and walked inside.

”Hello, I am Mr Amber. I was told to pick up the will belonging to the man known as Soul.”

”Yes, right this way sir.” A woman said, leading him into a back room. “Here is the will. If you need help setting up funeral arrangements let us know.”

”That won’t be necessary.” Amber replied, and walked out.

•               •                  •             •

One month Later

A storm raged above. It was not a high storm or any of its cousins, but a regular storm. Mr Amber stood facing a stature of Soul. He stood in a black obsidian cloak, with an aluminum body. Two large perfectly cut diamonds shone for eyes, as they glittered above Soul’s customary smirk. And aluminum sculpture of a spren swirled around Soul in a stream of frozen liquid, forming into a young women by Soul’s head. The most unique thing about this sculpture was not how it looked, but how it acted. It floated two feet off the ground and hovered there permanently, due to fabrials hidden inside it. 

Mr Amber had soulcasters create this in a memoriable directly below the spot where Soul died. It would stand in the Alleycity forever. 

Turning away, Mr Amber walked towards his car. Funeral arrangements were done. He needed to get back to Ski, to watch over her until it was time to return to the Alleyverse.

Time: Year nine of the sixteen year peace

Locations: New Alleycity/Sentinel Headquarters

Viewpoints: Atticus Voidlight, Ambrosia Nightshade

Atticus sat at the place where he had laid Hellbent to rest. Since then the city had been rebuilt, with the main difference of being mostly in a crater. They had rebuilt it around the tomb, because they could not change it. Or remove it. Atticus saw two worlds, one of blue and metal, one that he had been born to. He had come to believe that Hellbent was an evil person. He did not know how long he sat, staring at the body, but even if he did, he would be wrong, as he was wearing educators lenses. Time moved slower for him. After a long time, he stood up. He would never look at this beautiful monument he had created for a man who didn't deserve it. He had a purpose. That was why he had joined the black crusade. He turned around and saw a crowd of people standing there. They moved slowly because if his lenses, but they were there, watching him. Bubbling anger filled him. He switched to voidstormers lenses. They all started to be sucked toward him. As they grew close, they looked at him with horror. Then he switched to shokers lenses. They all dropped to the ground, unconscious. He walked away, noting that he towered over them now that he was a space marine. He was tall and strong. He was in a realm above puny creatures like these. He put on transporters lenses and disappeared.

Ambrosia sat in the sentinel headquarters, talking with her friend, another sentinel. After a while she left, and felt the anger again. Anger that she didn't kill Hellbent. She pushed past those emotion, into happiness. Happiness that her father had been destroyed. Then she pushed past this, and became herself again. A bubbly, happy person. Okay good. Back to normal. With a smile, she walked to the target practice range, burning peter, but not going faster. She often did that. Store speed but use pewter to negate the effect. She almost constantly stored. Then with a wide grin, she pulled out her laser rifle, and sunk a bolt into the face of a target. Then she pulled out her hammers and ran through, smashing them one by one. The hammers shock wave affect multiplied the force of her swing, totally destroying the dummies. She loved her new job. He job as a sentinel. In the last part she pulled out her special black and red swirling chalk, drew an huge and detailed dragon around her, then gave it the ability to affect the physical realm. Then she let it loose. It was incredibly powerful, destroying the dummies. It took way more time then normal, but it was beautiful. She controlled it, willing it to attack all the dummies, then go on to the other sentinels training grounds. She heard shouts of annoyance. Yes, Ambrosia Nightshade was totally content.