Dreamer

Mark Lindberg

Yeah... He mentioned it when the anthology was announced, and I immediately put it on my Amazon watch-list. I don't recall him having promoted it at all since then, though. Non-cosmere, and only about 15 pages long, so I suppose I can understand why. Still, it was well worth the read in my opinion, and I'm sure that some of the other stories will be good when I get around to reading them.

I should have put a link in my initial post. Thanks for doing that.

I'm not that interested in horror stories, Shadows for Silence exempted. And it's non-cosmere? I probably won't be plunking down the $ for it then...

Unless there are some glowing reviews, I can't justify $11 for the Kindle version for a 15 page story (I doubt I will read any of the others). 

• 2 weeks later...

GreyPilgrim: Take this with a pinch of salt, as this is my personal opinion, but no. Although I generally like some of the authors who contributed to the analogy, Sanderson's story ended up being the highlight of it all for me. And I think that while all Sanderson stories so far have been good, this one isn't outstanding enough to get an entire book for.

It's clever, yes. But it just doesn't have the development or punch most of his non-anthology(?) stories--particularly the Cosmere ones--have.

Edited by Kasimir

Thanks, Kasimir. If I ever end up with nothing else to read (which basically never happens) then I may pick it up. I have a feeling that he will post it on his site eventually anyways, since it is just a short story. If I find the anthology in a bookstore I'll probably sit down and consume the story then.