Purelake interlude crackpot theories: Aluminium grottos and Worldhopping fishermen

Yeshaya

I was reading an interlude from the Way of Kings, and the Purelaker's religion reminds me very much of Trelagism from Scadrial. Particularly that there are two competingbrother gods, with one more jealous than the other. For the Purelakers, the only place where it's safe to openly worship their god is in their holy grottos. If there really is something to this religion, and its similarities to Trelagism imply there is, I wonder if the grottos are somehow (naturally or otherwise) made from aluminum rich metals, which would in fact block the "gaze" of a Shard, like we saw in Oathbringer under Kholinar. 

The second one is a bit looser: In that interlude, the Seventeenth Shard is asking their fisherman spy Ishikk if he's had any luck finding Hoid, and he tells them he hasn't. As they leave, Ishikk overhears one of them (good old Galladon) say that this is a fool's quest, which amuses Ishikk. 

His foreigners splashed down into the Purelake. Grump was last. He seemed very dissatisfied. “Where are you, Roamer? What a fool’s quest this is.” Then, he added in his own tongue, “Alavanta kamaloo kayana.” He splashed after his companions. “Well, you’ve got the ‘fool’ part right,” Ishikk said with a chuckle, turning his own direction and heading off to check on his traps.

Admittedly this is a stretch, but a royal Fool is pretty similar to a King's Wit (or an Imperial Fool on Sel). Any chance Ishikk knew they were looking for Hoid, and that they were in fact literally questing for a fool? In that case Ishikk would have to be a friend of Hoid, or at least someone he paid off to mislead them. I thought by the names he might be Ishar too, but insane god-king-Heralds probably don't do much fishing in their spare time.

So what do you think, either of these have anything going for them?

For the first its a good catch, i noticed the same on my reread. Which is why this surprised me so much. 

Paladin Brewer (paraphrased)

Is there a link between Trell and Nalt from Mistborn and Nu Ralik and Van Makik from Stormlight?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

"No, there isn't, maybe just tenuously." He said something like that. He seemed confused that I asked that.

source

Its paraphrased so not perfect but it seems it may have been coincidence (like two unrelated people called Cob).

For the second again a good catch, people have proposed it for that reason. But again it seems not. 

Darkness (paraphrased)

Ok. Ishikk says, in response to the "outsiders" saying "this is a fool's errand", he says "you've got the fool part right." Is Ishikk more aware than he seems? Is he laughing and making a subtle Hoid joke?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No.

source

• Chaos locked this topic