Ask Axelius Anything* (AKA Sanderson vs. Tolkien Duel)

Sherlock Holmes

Actually. 

Huan can't be slain by anything but the greatest wolf ever to live. 

Which I'm pretty sure Vin isn't. 

And a Brandon vs. Tolkien brawl goes to Tolkien, because only manly men smoke actual pipes, and that means Tolkien is the manliest of men.

Despite the fact that he's dead. 

But manliness wins brawls, so...

19 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Actually. 

Huan can't be slain by anything but the greatest wolf ever to live. 

Which I'm pretty sure Vin isn't. 

And Vin can't die until she defeats Ruin.

But also you don't need to slay something to win a fight.

But we're talking about 'to the death' Pokemon battles. Also, I'm pretty certain that Vin's prophesy isn't 'spiritually binding' like Huan's. Also, what sort of monster would kill a dog?

Vin. She already has killed a dog to give a body to TenSoon. 

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Incorrect. Vin could just go die compared to an actual wolf. And she would eventually run out of metals fighting Huan, which would mean that she would die. 

Vin is not manly, just meh. The only manly person in Mistborn is Kelsier, 'cause he won a brawl with an Inquisitor. 

Just now, AxeliustheGreat said:

Incorrect. Vin could just go die compared to an actual wolf. And she would eventually run out of metals fighting Huan, which would mean that she would die. 

Vin is not manly, just meh. The only manly person in Mistborn is Kelsier, 'cause he won a brawl with an Inquisitor. 

Ham is extremely manly! Everybody knows philosophers are automatically the manliest of men.

3 minutes ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

But the only things we're giving Vin are her metals, so... yeah. 

So if you severely hamper Vin and restrict what she can bring then Huan maybe wins? Not a really convincing argument. But also, no. Vin still wins. Because Vin is awesome and rule of cool trumps your logic. :P

Rule of Cool trumps Vin, then. The underdog always wins in a true Rule of Cool battle, which is probably actually Huan, since... you know...

I shouldn't make jokes. 

Anyway, how on earth do you always reply so fast? I'll wait like three seconds and then a pop-up shows up on my computer: "Voidus quoted you in a topic..." 

Are you only on when I'm awake or something? Because that would be creepy. Do you cameras in my house to show when I wake up?

@Voidus

Just now, AxeliustheGreat said:

Rule of Cool trumps Vin, then. The underdog always wins in a true Rule of Cool battle, which is probably actually Huan, since... you know...

I shouldn't make jokes. 

Anyway, how on earth do you always reply so fast? I'll wait like three seconds and then a pop-up shows up on my computer: "Voidus quoted you in a topic..." 

Are you only on when I'm awake or something? Because that would be creepy. Do you cameras in my house to show when I wake up?

@Voidus

I gain sustenance from banning spambots. I have no need for sleep.

I value objective truth and assume others do too, so when I state that Vin is objectively the best character and therefore wins all fights and other people don't understand that, I feel that I should explain until they do.

Spoiler

Serious note: I just enjoy talking about stuff back and forth like this, I've always enjoyed philosophy and debate but most topics that people are available to debate become far too heated or people devolve into insults. Arguing over fictional characters is nice because there's emotional investment but no one gets that upset about it, or that angry that they feel the need to resort to namecalling or personal attacks.
If it's upsetting to you then I'd stop, but I was assuming based on the title of this thread that you similarly enjoyed that kind of thing.

3 hours ago, Ashertliden said:

Although Eru/The Valar are unable to physically partake in this fight, are they able to revive Gandalf whenever he “dies”?

Eh,  I think then the fight starts to break down, because then the shards should get to revive people as well, and with TLR in play, I don't think that's going to go the best.

• 3 weeks later...