Ask Archer Anything*

Archer

Archer, have you ever read the Silmarillion? If so, what’s your favorite chapter?

What are the seven words that will make a woman love you?

Full Feruchemist or Mistborn (normal Mistborn, not Lerasium)?

Edgedancer or Windrunner?

If a rooster laid an egg on the top of a barn with a peaked roof, at the exact center of the point, and the wind was blowing in from the exact east and west at exactly the same speed, wind chill, etc. which way does the egg roll?

Would you rather be best friends with Kaladin or Kelsier?

Your dream pet?

Think of a number. Now add 5. Now subtract your number. What number do you have? 

Your favorite part of living in canada?

Will you ever ask me a question?

You can choose a species to obey you for the rest of time. What species do you choose?

Your dream car?

This isn't a question.

A strange, glowing meteorite falls from the sky into your backyard. Do you touch it and risk death and/or getting awesome powers?

You are sent to colonize mars with one other person. Who do you choose to come with you?

What is your favorite number?

1 hour ago, AxeliustheGreat said:

Archer, have you ever read the Silmarillion? If so, what’s your favorite chapter?

What are the seven words that will make a woman love you?

Full Feruchemist or Mistborn (normal Mistborn, not Lerasium)?

Edgedancer or Windrunner?

If a rooster laid an egg on the top of a barn with a peaked roof, at the exact center of the point, and the wind was blowing in from the exact east and west at exactly the same speed, wind chill, etc. which way does the egg roll?

Would you rather be best friends with Kaladin or Kelsier?

I haven't read the Silmarillion.

Hey girl, my favourite book is Oathbringer.

Feruchemist. I don't want to be Mistborn, I would abuse the power to manipulate emotions. It would lead me to question every relationship I'm ever in.

Windrunner.

I see what you did there. Roosters don't lay eggs... But if one magically managed to, then it would go in the direction the yoke is internally. Eggs aren't perfectly symmetrical

Kaladin. He's more motivational and less psychotic. 

1 hour ago, Niteshado said:

What is your favorite flavor of crayon?

shorts or pants?

If you could have a gun that shot a random item instead of bullet, what item would it shoot?

Purple. I still can't get over the fact that they invented that word.

Pants. They look snazzier. 

The moon. I'd destroy us all in a little under an hour testing it out.

1 hour ago, Inklingspren said:

Your dream pet?

Think of a number. Now add 5. Now subtract your number. What number do you have? 

Your favorite part of living in canada?

Will you ever ask me a question?

You can choose a species to obey you for the rest of time. What species do you choose?

Your dream car?

This isn't a question.

A strange, glowing meteorite falls from the sky into your backyard. Do you touch it and risk death and/or getting awesome powers?

You are sent to colonize mars with one other person. Who do you choose to come with you?

What is your favorite number?

I dreamed I had a dragon once. 

*muttering* sixteen, minus the other number, plus what was it again? SEVENTY-TWO!

History class. It's super easy when you've only got 151 years to cover. We had to throw in some filler about Britain and France just to make the textbooks long enough.

He he he. You asked for it....

Mosquitoes. I'd tell them to leave me alone for once. Humans. 

A Jaguar. Rawr.

This isn't an answer.

I'm not risking getting space cooties just to see if the magic rock gives me powers. 

(I've seen The Martian, so I know the answer to this one.) A farmer, that way we can grow some crops. Otherwise we can never technically colonize the planet.

Eight.

Just now, AxeliustheGreat said:

Nobody gets that riddle, darn it. It's probably harder to do when spoken aloud. 

Also, have you read the Martian, sir? 

*wonders why everyone keeps calling me sir today*

I'm starting to look unread. :lol: No, I haven't. 

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Yay for eight, the best number!

Why are you aganist emotional Allomancy but all for controlling humans?

Allomancy has its limits. I can't keep it going all the time, and I could only effect a small amount of people, so I'd have to be nuanced to avoid detection. That would be a tricky balance. But if I complete control over the human species, all caution could be thrown to the wind. I'd use my power in every relationship. I would control how you think and feel about me. I wouldn't have to worry about over/underdoing it because I'd always be using the power to its full extent. The power would corrupt me, the greed would drive me to try to become a god. It's inevitable. And no one could stop me. Allomancy has potential consequences, so I'd limit myself and be virtuous. The other scenario has none (besides an over inflated ego, loss of morals, and a sense of loneliness) so I'd go full out.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Badadah said:

@Archer

1. What do you have against Hemalurgy? 

2. Why doesn't TUBA accept Ghostbloods?

3. Thoughts on guac?

4. Thoughts on eggnog?

1. Hemalurgy violates multiple human rights, promotes violent cultism, villainizes science, and had a monopoly on the baked goods market. Not cool!

2. The Ghostbloods love to spy on other guilds. As such, they've tried (and succeeded a few times) to infiltrate TUBA. The TUBA PM is full of Top Secret and Very Important Information *cough Princess Bride quotes cough*, so I can't afford to make mistakes with who sees it. I'd have to be extremely confident that a Ghostblood wouldn't divulge any information to their guild if they became a member. Usually, the risks are just too high, but at some point I hope to be able to open up membership. 

TL;DR I'm paranoid. :)

3. Guac is the greatest substance on the face of the Earth. I love it more than anything. I would gladly recommend guac to a friend or colleague. This speech has not been rehearsed. 

4. Eggnog is the greatest substance on the face of the Earth. I love it more than anything. I would gladly recommend egnnog to a friend or colleague. This speech has not been rehearsed. 

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

. The Ghostbloods love to spy on other guilds. As such, they've tried (and succeeded a few times) to infiltrate TUBA. The TUBA PM is full of Top Secret and Very Important Information *cough Princess Bride quotes cough*, so I can't afford to make mistakes with who sees it. I'd have to be extremely confident that a Ghostblood wouldn't divulge any information to their guild if they became a member. Usually, the risks are just too high, but at some point I hope to be able to open up membership. 

Eggnog is the greatest substance on the face of the Earth. I love it more than anything. I would gladly recommend egnnog to a friend or colleague. This speech has not been rehearsed. 

I really want to see those Princes Bride quotes... 

This is the correct response. This response to a response has not been rehearsed. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

What Sanderson books have yo not read @Archer

Get comfortable lads, this is going to take a while. I have not read:

Skyward (which I intend to read sometime) 

Legion (but I have a hold on it at my library, so that will soon change) 

Mitosis and Snapshot (I love the Reckoners series, so these are on my bucket list) 

Edgedancer (believe me, it was incredibly difficult to write a roast of Lift based solely on her Coppermind article) 

Infinity Blade

Wheel of Time 

White Sand

Perfect State

Firstborn 

Centrifugal 

Anything With 'Prime' in It's Title 

Those Stories He Has Put in Anthologies But Not Published Elsewhere. (I can't think of any more off hand, but I'm sure there's some I've missed) 

Dragonsteel 

The Liar of Partinel

Shout-out to the Arcanum, Coppermind, and fellow RPers for filing in my knowledge gaps. I intend to read more Sanderson books in the future, but I've got other books on my list too (like Name of the Wind), so it might be a while. 

Edited by Archer