20 minutes ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Um, isn't this how we planned Karabiner would die?

Yes. Yes it is.

Unless there are serious problems with this:

Karabiner fails OS, goes to meeting, and doesn't quite escape from Kokichi because they end up going with him. The fight then moves to the Picket, where Stalemate kills Karabiner a bunch of times but leaves him alive. Kokichi will need to be occupied with minions at least until Amanda's done. After that, Liam and Taya show up or Kokichi cut-scenes the Picket - a van itself, even if it holds way to much - to them, or both, and Karabiner tries to flee the Picket by way of the Scottie, but somebody uses the Haywire on it and it brings in Polarity and Grenadier instead.

Then Taya gets the Nighthound Motivator and Karabiner gets dead, though how that happens is in the air. Only thing is, we need to decide for sure what happens to the Links when he dies. I'm thinking they would stop working, except for the living ones, like Stalemate. I want Charles to survive, too, but I'm not sure how to make it so.

2 minutes ago, FeuerBrisingr said:

Yes. Yes it is.

Unless there are serious problems with this:

Karabiner fails OS, goes to meeting, and doesn't quite escape from Kokichi because they end up going with him. The fight then moves to the Picket, where Stalemate kills Karabiner a bunch of times but leaves him alive. Kokichi will need to be occupied with minions at least until Amanda's done. After that, Liam and Taya show up or Kokichi cut-scenes the Picket - a van itself, even if it holds way to much - to them, or both, and Karabiner tries to flee the Picket by way of the Scottie, but somebody uses the Haywire on it and it brings in Polarity and Grenadier instead.

Then Taya gets the Nighthound Motivator and Karabiner gets dead, though how that happens is in the air. Only thing is, we need to decide for sure what happens to the Links when he dies. I'm thinking they would stop working, except for the living ones, like Stalemate. I want Charles to survive, too, but I'm not sure how to make it so.

That makes sense-- they're almost certainly going to pull a leroy jenkins. 

Just now, FeuerBrisingr said:

I've heard that reference before, bit I don't know what it means. Please clarify?

Characters: *Making complicated plans for a sneak attack*
Person about to pull a Leeroy Jenkins: *runs into battle* 
Person: LEEROY JENKINS!

Not sure where the term came from. 

10 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Characters: *Making complicated plans for a sneak attack*
Person about to pull a Leeroy Jenkins: *runs into battle* 
Person: LEEROY JENKINS!

Not sure where the term came from. 

WoW
You can find the clip on youtube

Either world of warcraft or the wow signal detected by SETI.
I always mix them up.

:P
(But yeah, World of Warcraft, basically there was a group of players making this detailed strategy for how they'd handle this boss monster then one of them just charges straight in, ignoring the plan and shouting his name 'LEEROY JENKINS!' and they all died)

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Either world of warcraft or the wow signal detected by SETI.
I always mix them up.

:P
(But yeah, World of Warcraft, basically there was a group of players making this detailed strategy for how they'd handle this boss monster then one of them just charges straight in, ignoring the plan and shouting his name 'LEEROY JENKINS!' and they all died)

Just looked it up. At least he had chicken.

Oh, Epoch.  The other OHKO Epic.  Yet another Epic that could kill (or at least neutralize) Steelheart.  True, he doesn't have a good PI, but that's one heck of an auto-win.  Freezing someone in time, then boxing them up and forgetting about them is actually very effective.  And the kicker is he can do it AT RANGE.  If you have a power, and you want to make it really good, combine it with scrying/gifting.  I mean, Blank is just a light illusionist, a supercharged refractionary, but add in those two powers, and well...  I'll discuss Blank later.

The reason Epoch and Red are not taking over the game is that they are glass cannons.  Both can one-shot pretty much everybody, and with Epoch you can't even run away.  However, Red can be killed anytime she isn't autokilling everyone in range, if you can get her before she can react, or in her sleep, and Epoch is even more fragile, as you are more likely to succeed in one hit.  Red is also kept in check by Epoch, who is in turn kept in check by the fact that he needs an organization to not trigger his weakness.  

Yep, Epoch's power can no-sell a lot of opponents. It's nearly a straight upgrade from both Regalia and Vista, who are both pretty high-end powers users in their own right.

With how things panned out, I had to make it so that Epoch did not relentlessly exploit his power to the full of its potential. He was originally proposed as the leader of Edmonton who would begin to lose his hold and then die shortly after that to kickstart the plot. Epoch is a scary epic. He's been held in balance largely by the fact that Doubletake knew his weakness and his other big rival Orbit is largely immune to his powers.

Though to be fair, he could not easily OHKO Steelheart. Epoch is clever enough that if Steelheart was unaware of Epoch (not necessarily a simple feat, when you kind of need a large organization backing you), Epoch could stand a decent chance at blindsiding Steelheart and coming out on top. But in a fair fight where Steelheart and Epoch were both aware of each other, Steelheart would probably win very unequivocally.

Further analysis:

Spoiler

It takes significantly longer to slow an area than to speed it up (because the slowing effect slows itself down), and Steelheart can just fly away, so straight-up trying to drop a slow-zone on Steelheart would backfire horribly. Steelheart is also unconditionally invulnerable, so he can't be pinned in place by gunfire like Pariah was.

If he was able to trick Steelheart into staying in one place for long enough to build up walls of slowed time around, above, and below him (this could take upwards of a solid day to do safely), and then start to slow down the interior of the trap, he could probably catch Steelheart off guard and win, sealing him like Pariah and sweeping him under the metaphorical rug.

That said, I've been thinking a fair bit about where I want to go with the whole Epoch thing.

My plan has pretty much always been for Epoch to overstep and be killed as things in the city started to heat up.

I would prefer he died in a way that served the overall plot, such as it is.

I'm open to ideas.

Going off Pyro's analysis... What if he did something a little more drastic with his powers? I can imagine him pulling something like time-skipping everyone to sieze their territories... Only to have to deal with everyone breaking free later, with a common interest in removing him, and his empire suddenly collapsing.

I can see this leading to some interesting scenarios. It would be especially entertaining if Liam and Ko and Karabiner were both in that group.

19 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

There is nothing at the Edmenton zoo, right?

Also, can we PLEASE JUST START THE STORMING MEETING???

18 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Well, I think we need to go over the Taya-Liam scene quickly first. @Ookla of Drakeface?

17 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

We need to figure out what happens with Jacklyn to see if she ends up at the meeting.  We also need to see how Blindside reacts, to see if the group outside the entrance ends up inside.

Okay, let's get this show on the road. The delays have pretty much been my fault, and for that I apologize.

Just be glad that powers that be are pushing the plot forward. Given the opportunity and some time alone with Red, Quietus will make it painfully obvious why he made the ATTD list after a single post.

Blindside's reaction is up now, freeing things up to continue in that part of the story.

I have sent a PM to @Ookla of the Flame and @winter devotion to figure out Jacklyn's upcoming situation.

Taya's entry into things will be up soon enough. She is in a difficult spot on several counts.

I have plans for how to open the meeting, and a couple ideas for how to close it, but I really have no idea how this is going to go, which is exactly why it will be fun :)

5 hours ago, Ookla of Drakeface said:

I can see this leading to some interesting scenarios. It would be especially entertaining if Liam and Ko and Karabiner were both in that group.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Karabiner will die before the night ends. Actually a bunch of times, but also finally.

Speaking of which, I figured out how Charles will survive. It's gonna be good.

7 hours ago, Ookla of Drakeface said:

Yep, Epoch's power can no-sell a lot of opponents. It's nearly a straight upgrade from both Regalia and Vista, who are both pretty high-end powers users in their own right.

With how things panned out, I had to make it so that Epoch did not relentlessly exploit his power to the full of its potential. He was originally proposed as the leader of Edmonton who would begin to lose his hold and then die shortly after that to kickstart the plot. Epoch is a scary epic. He's been held in balance largely by the fact that Doubletake knew his weakness and his other big rival Orbit is largely immune to his powers.

Though to be fair, he could not easily OHKO Steelheart. Epoch is clever enough that if Steelheart was unaware of Epoch (not necessarily a simple feat, when you kind of need a large organization backing you), Epoch could stand a decent chance at blindsiding Steelheart and coming out on top. But in a fair fight where Steelheart and Epoch were both aware of each other, Steelheart would probably win very unequivocally.

Further analysis:

Hide contents

It takes significantly longer to slow an area than to speed it up (because the slowing effect slows itself down), and Steelheart can just fly away, so straight-up trying to drop a slow-zone on Steelheart would backfire horribly. Steelheart is also unconditionally invulnerable, so he can't be pinned in place by gunfire like Pariah was.

If he was able to trick Steelheart into staying in one place for long enough to build up walls of slowed time around, above, and below him (this could take upwards of a solid day to do safely), and then start to slow down the interior of the trap, he could probably catch Steelheart off guard and win, sealing him like Pariah and sweeping him under the metaphorical rug.

That said, I've been thinking a fair bit about where I want to go with the whole Epoch thing.

My plan has pretty much always been for Epoch to overstep and be killed as things in the city started to heat up.

I would prefer he died in a way that served the overall plot, such as it is.

I'm open to ideas.

Going off Pyro's analysis... What if he did something a little more drastic with his powers? I can imagine him pulling something like time-skipping everyone to sieze their territories... Only to have to deal with everyone breaking free later, with a common interest in removing him, and his empire suddenly collapsing.

Okay, let's get this show on the road. The delays have pretty much been my fault, and for that I apologize.

Just be glad that powers that be are pushing the plot forward. Given the opportunity and some time alone with Red, Quietus will make it painfully obvious why he made the ATTD list after a single post.

Blindside's reaction is up now, freeing things up to continue in that part of the story.

I have sent a PM to @Ookla of the Flame and @winter devotion to figure out Jacklyn's upcoming situation.

Taya's entry into things will be up soon enough. She is in a difficult spot on several counts.

I have plans for how to open the meeting, and a couple ideas for how to close it, but I really have no idea how this is going to go, which is exactly why it will be fun :)

I don't think I got that alan?

Neither did I.

Also, if anyone needs to start the ending, which should take 3-4 posts to set up, I can do that.  The ending can vary from a simple blackout where blank vanishes, to a major disaster that will force various factions in the city to align against a force that I will not name yet.  

5 minutes ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Neither did I.

Also, if anyone needs to start the ending, which should take 3-4 posts to set up, I can do that.  The ending can vary from a simple blackout where blank vanishes, to a major disaster that will force various factions in the city to align against a force that I will not name yet.  

About that major disaster... I already have one cooked up. Let's call it Chapter Two.

But we can compare notes.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot

If you guys would like, I can spend some time later today and have security (i.e., Phyto and Ironwood) finish setting up, as well as seeing people arrive. That would give a good intro I feel. I'd just need as full list of who's coming, including minions and general appearances, as well as methods of arrival.

8 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

If you guys would like, I can spend some time later today and have security (i.e., Phyto and Ironwood) finish setting up, as well as seeing people arrive. That would give a good intro I feel. I'd just need as full list of who's coming, including minions and general appearances, as well as methods of arrival.

That will work, but it means I'll have to hurry up with OS. That, in turn, is waiting on Bloodlight's arrival at the stadium - from whence he'll be led away by Karabiner's minions after he gets a couple of clues from Nathan and Funtimes about Redemption - which, in turn, is waiting on Taya getting into The Van and the lot of them figuring out that the stadium is where they need to go.

So, probably wait to post it until after those things have happened, because they invoice Karabiner and I don't want a wrinkle in chronology.

Speaking of, how are they going to know to hit the stadium, anyway?

6 hours ago, FeuerBrisingr said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. Karabiner will die before the night ends. Actually a bunch of times, but also finally.

Speaking of which, I figured out how Charles will survive. It's gonna be good.

That wouldn't change, there would just be an additional element of treachery in the mix. Liam and Ko would probably still kill Karabiner even when they are ostensibly on the same team, which would probably just serve to underscore the general conflict and unrest in the city.

Charles is the AI assistant of Karabiner, right?

4 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Neither did I.

4 hours ago, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

About that major disaster... I already have one cooked up. Let's call it Chapter Two.

But we can compare notes.

Ooh, did somebody say disaster? Excellent. You know a lot of us have read Worm when periodic disasters are considered the norm

Any chance I can also compare notes with you two? I also might have ideas that would qualify.