Epic Prompt:

"Trapmaster" - I came up with this name while doing some backstory work, and it makes sense for him/her to be a technomancer Epic. However, that sort of Epic is a bit nebulous in the Reckonerverse, unlike Worm. So, I decided to just break down the powerset of a "techie" into easier abilities.

So far, I've come up with hypercognition as one. It makes sense, and contributes to the general engineering prowess of a technomancer. But here's where I've gotten stuck: what puts the "trap" in Trapmaster? Making cool gadgets is alright, but what made Trapmaster one of the more reputable Epics in Winnipeg?

11 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Wait, Google doc? What is this Google doc? 

One so we can write together without forcing separate full length posts. I'll start one, I guess, and we can wait to start until the Liam+Taya scene, Jacklyn situation, and Blindside reaction are complete. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oc4Haddf2jcUP2Yoe7Y4mDaUcZyriG2_YK3dOBkg9Og/edit

I call him the shifter 

former military lawyer 

powers: has light construct powers(think prof or green lantern) can transform himself into any animal(real or mythical) and his protective power is his intangibility(think nightwielder) 

hes from Kansas City Kansas but has arrived after decimating it.

53 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What do you mean by Hypercognition? Is it advanced mathematical calculations, quick reaction time? 

Enhanced processing speed. I interpret this as being able to mentally dissemble a piece of machinery then put it back together in a matter of seconds. Logic puzzles are a breeze. Patterns are obvious, etc.

4 minutes ago, KansasCitySwarm said:

I call him the shifter 

former military lawyer 

powers: has light construct powers(think prof or green lantern) can transform himself into any animal(real or mythical) and his protective power is his intangibility(think nightwielder) 

hes from Kansas City Kansas but has arrived after decimating it.

That's a little much-- maybe one of those three instead of all?

6 minutes ago, KansasCitySwarm said:

Which would you think would work? I don’t know the story so I figured him as a high epic trying to vie for control? 

Well, if you want to stick with the Shifter name, the "transform into any animal" would fit best. Honestly, that makes for a very powerful ability. If you want him to be a High Epic, then add a PI and that is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Of course, I'm not sure how we would deal with a High Epic, but whatevs

Just now, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

Well, if you want to stick with the Shifter name, the "transform into any animal" would fit best. Honestly, that makes for a very powerful ability. If you want him to be a High Epic, then add a PI and that is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

The PI could be related to the shifter thing-- Ie, if injured as a cat and he shifts into a dog, the damage wouldn't follow. 

Just now, Hemalurgic Headshot said:

*Is confused that there isn't one.*

6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

The PI could be related to the shifter thing-- Ie, if injured as a cat and he shifts into a dog, the damage wouldn't follow. 

Like it.

5 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

*Is confused that there isn't one.*

Wait, there isn't? Must check Maple Pug Recipe.

Epoch has reincarnation. I also assume that Pariah is a High Epic, but, you know, she's kind of locked up.

Edited by Hemalurgic Headshot