48 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Don't worry-- it's always worth the wait. 

Thanks. ^_^ Short one this time, though. 

And, opinions: I'm working on a fanfic that's basically a short story, but it's going to end up being kind of long. Should I break it up into shorter chunks, or do the whole story all at once?

2 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

I think we are waiting on Drake, but after the thread is quiet for a while, I always make it a point to ask, just in case it's me.

Yeah... I among others need to post.

How about I do that today. I've been wanting to move this forward for a while.

Edited by Ookla of Drakeface

Tendril needs added to the character thread, just realized. I don't know if Jade or Nathan do, seeing as they're up in the Portland one, and whatnot, but Tendril definitely needs adding.

43 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

Thanks. ^_^ Short one this time, though. 

And, opinions: I'm working on a fanfic that's basically a short story, but it's going to end up being kind of long. Should I break it up into shorter chunks, or do the whole story all at once?

I  would say multiple chunks, but make sure they're all available to the same people. Obviously.

4 minutes ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

How would Kokichi affect Red?

Think despair!Mikan from Danganronpa, if you've seen the Despair Arc of The End of Hope's Peak. Lots of sweat, drool, and jiggle physics. (Look up on a compilation on youtube if you're curious, though a warning: It's not exactly nsfw, but, well, I said she reminded me of Red and that's not exactly an endorsement for her sanity. Toga Himiko from Boku No Hero Academia would also have some similar affects, though I recommend keeping those two as far apart from each other as possible, because they'd get along. Way. Too. Much. Yikes. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Jacklyn's power would go nuts trying to set up a scenario where she would live.  We'd basically have to roleplay out a bunch of different scenarios in PMs until we come across one where she doesn't die.

Oh, there's no way everyone is getting out of that scenario alive. The only way would be to have someone else interfere. 

Honestly, Red's determination is her strongest trait. Absolutely unbeatable-- she would walk through hell itself if she wanted to. 

10 minutes ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

But would Kokichi realize that's what Jacklyn is?

Based off of my understanding of tropes, not right away. But depending on how severe her effect on Ko is, it could be pretty quickly. And at that point Ko would start doing whatever they could to break from her manipulation.

Just now, Ookla the Weird said:

Based off of my understanding of tropes, not right away. But depending on how severe her effect on Ko is, it could be pretty quickly. And at that point Ko would start doing whatever they could to break from her manipulation.

I think Kokichi's own power might work against them here.

7 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Jacklyn's power would interact with Kokichi's in a way (I think) that would lead to it being generally beneficial to her.

The interaction between their powers would be beneficial, probably, but between their personalities? They’d be able to figure it out quickly because they understand how things should work, emotionally.

3 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Yeah, that could happen.  I’d think that kokichi would make it harder for Jacklyn to be noticed.  Also, since Jacklyn only is enhancing what’s already there, it’s hard to detect in the first place.

The problem is the lack of context. Even putting them in an entirely empty room with no exit would drastically shift Kokichi’s emotional state, which would in turn affect the other two; they’d basically be an emotional black hole. Put them in public? Everyone acts differently around maples. Add another significantly powerful Epic? Red starts hitting on them and pulls a “lemme at her.” 

Yeah... Portland might not be the only city to get leveled in a roleplay. These three are not good for each other: