1 minute ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Before and after. Even when he's redeemed he's still a bit melodramatic. :P

"No! No no no! I have overcome many difficulties in my time with you humans, but this—this is something I simply will not do!" 

"Calamity, I just want you to put on a hat. It's cold. Your ears will freeze." 

"Hats are frightening and dangerous—" 

"…how?" 

"And I will not have them near my precious and fragile brain!

Luckily Calamity has not yet entered the doughnut shop if that's his reaction to wearing a hat. :D

Realized I'd almost forgotten about Lexi so, random appearance! Thanks basement-Epic-who-may-be-named-Eric-but-also-maybe-not-because-I'm-not-sure-why-he-would-be-called-Eric-but-I-feel-like-there's-a-joke-I'm-missing.

2 hours ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

It can if you're so nervous you forgot how to grammar. :P 

And the only thing I can picture Jade doing is this: 

Reveal hidden contents

So, there'll need to be something else keeping her from running out of the donut shop. Someone grabbing her arm and offering some sort of argument should do, but…seriously, she's not going to like this.

Because we're good at creating snacks that straddle the line between "delicious enough to make the angels sing" and "liable to summon an eldritch horror from the depths"? 

(Though in fairness, I've never tried Funyuns. Pizza rolls are more my thing. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

What about if even more Epics showed up. Would that make her like it more? :P

2 hours ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

More Epics, possibly. Calamity would just scowl and be emo at everyone, so why not. I feel morally obligated to say "NO ABSOLUTELY NOT NO NO NO NO NO" to anything involving Nighthound, unless that thing happens to be his death. :P 

Okay, then sounds like Nicroburst and Blindside should enter! 

Maybe Funtimes should start running, and Nicroburst could do his thing again, and teleport everyone off the ground and Nate saves everyone, and then Funtimes is shocked enough to hear everyone out.  Then they could work together, and Blank, Epoch, and Typhon could join together as the (mostly) benevolent Epic overlords to prevent them from messing up their plans!

34 minutes ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

Maybe Funtimes should start running, and Nicroburst could do his thing again, and teleport everyone off the ground and Nate saves everyone, and then Funtimes is shocked enough to hear everyone out.  Then they could work together, and Blank, Epoch, and Typhon could join together as the (mostly) benevolent Epic overlords to prevent them from messing up their plans!

Not a bad idea. But it would only work if Nicroburst ends up bumping Nate, because he needs a chain to Bloodlight people, and the only other way would be if they all teleported to touch him and/or each other in the air. Which seems improbable. If he gets boosted, though, then he can just light the whole floor or possible ignore his human limitation to light the people directly. Or both, which would actually save them the pain of being Backlashed.

EDIT: Which would work even if Nicro touched him after teleportation.

Edited by Ookla the Palindrome
Posted too soon.

19 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

But donuts are scary. 

"They're just as scared of you as you are of them."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ya know what? Maybe not."

8 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

7 hours ago, Ookla the Palindrome said:

Not a bad idea. But it would only work if Nicroburst ends up bumping Nate, because he needs a chain to Bloodlight people, and the only other way would be if they all teleported to touch him and/or each other in the air. Which seems improbable. If he gets boosted, though, then he can just light the whole floor or possible ignore his human limitation to light the people directly. Or both, which would actually save them the pain of being Backlashed.

EDIT: Which would work even if Nicro touched him after teleportation.

Good ideas, but I'll just start with having Jade start to leave and let that lead where it may. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Palindrome said:

"They're just as scared of you as you are of them."

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Ya know what? Maybe not."

I find it ironic that Calamity, the Big Bad who created terrifying Epics like Steelheart and Obliteration, has more fears and phobias than Backtrack. :P 

5 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

I find it ironic that Calamity, the Big Bad who created terrifying Epics like Steelheart and Obliteration, has more fears and phobias than Backtrack. :P 

Let's not be too hasty here. After all, Backtrack is definitely afraid of Calamity but I don't think even Calamity could be afraid of Backtrack.

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Let's not be too hasty here. After all, Backtrack is definitely afraid of Calamity but I don't think even Calamity could be afraid of Backtrack.

Things Calamity is Afraid Of:

-Apples

-The dark

-Long hair

-Short hair

-Baldness

-Computers

-Donuts

-Booster seats

-Ducks

-Stoplights 

-Pencils

-The states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and New South Wales

-Vancouver BC

-Vancouver WA

-Smiling

Things Calamity Isn’t Afraid Of:

-Backtrack

17 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

I think Red requires a new classification.

Hm, there's probably some yangire in her. You know, besides her just being a psycho.

13 hours ago, winter devotion said:

They could be suddenly interested in going for donuts. 
Can we use "going for donuts" as a euphemism for getting into a socially awkward and/or really dang weird situation from now on?

13 hours ago, winter devotion said:

This is a very valid idea. What's his name?
EDIT: Wait-- It's gonna be whatever Magneto's human name is! 

I could actually see Kokichi's powers facilitating coincidences and random, yet significant, meetings, because of narrative laws and all that. Wouldn't be the strangest thing they do.

4 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Hm, there's probably some yangire in her. You know, besides her just being a psycho.

I could actually see Kokichi's powers facilitating coincidences and random, yet significant, meetings, because of narrative laws and all that. Wouldn't be the strangest thing they do.

I had kind of wondered if that could happen.

17 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

Depends on whether Kokichi et. al. fall for Jade's brilliant ruse. (Tried to leave it open for other options, including but not limited to spontaneous hugs that make teleportation unfeasible.) 

Twist!

This ruse is actually so brilliant that people rush into the shop to see what she's talking about, some of them unfortunately behind Jade and Nathan so they're still within view.