16 minutes ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Some might? Maples are basically just all people (PCs, NPCs) who don't have epic powers.

Also, what happens if someone force someone else to kill him? Who would die? Example: Person A puts a bomb on person B and tells him that it'll go off if he doesn't kill Armando, so person B kills him. This makes B directly responsible for his death, but A would be indirectly responsible, because they are the reason B did it. So in this case, would A die, B die, or both of them?

I'm figuring it out. One option would be to have whoever Armando perceived as the killer be killed. The other is that whoever had the most blame would be killed.

I'm much more tempted to do the first one as if I did the second, then the blame would go straight to the mastermind, which is not what I want.

So, whoever he thinks is the true killer is killed. He can be wrong about this, but he was to legitimately think one person's the murderer to work.

I'm still working out the kinks tho.

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Palindrome said:

The role of Maples is to not be Epics. Some Maples are important characters, while others are just there to get killed, or used, or create problems. They're just the normal - and abnormal but non-Epic - people, and they do whatever they want while trying not to spark off any Epics. Unless they're Reckoners.

Ok, then he's not a Maple. If it wouldn't be too convenient, I'd like for Armando to be a part of the Reckoners. I think that's the place he'd go.

I'm now reminded of all those times in books where I just wanted everybody to tell everyone else what was going on, so all the stupid misunderstandings and people doing the wrong things because of missing information will finally stop.

Edited by Ookla the Foxed
word choice

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

I'm now reminded of all those times in books where I just wanted everybody to tell everyone else what was going on, so all the stupid misunderstandings and people doing the wrong things because of missing information will finally stop.

Not really sure if everyone knowing the full truth would help in this case. Might turn into even more of a disaster. 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Some might? Maples are basically just all people (PCs, NPCs) who don't have epic powers.

Also, what happens if someone force someone else to kill him? Who would die? Example: Person A puts a bomb on person B and tells him that it'll go off if he doesn't kill Armando, so person B kills him. This makes B directly responsible for his death, but A would be indirectly responsible, because they are the reason B did it. So in this case, would A die, B die, or both of them?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Libre said:

I'm figuring it out. One option would be to have whoever Armando perceived as the killer be killed. The other is that whoever had the most blame would be killed.

I'm much more tempted to do the first one as if I did the second, then the blame would go straight to the mastermind, which is not what I want.

So, whoever he thinks is the true killer is killed. He can be wrong about this, but he was to legitimately think one person's the murderer to work.

I'm still working out the kinks tho.

Ok, then he's not a Maple. If it wouldn't be too convenient, I'd like for Armando to be a part of the Reckoners. I think that's the place he'd go.

Other scenario, what about mind control powers?

I got it. What if, instead of his powers going off Armando's own perception, it goes off other's?

As in, his power kills whoever thinks they are the most to blame for his death.

This excludes Calamity, because Calamity blames the Epics themselves.

This also means that if armando dies in a complete accident, he doesn't take anyone down with him, but there aslo isn't a point to strapping a bomb to someopne else or mind-controlling someone.

Does this work?

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Libre said:

I got it. What if, instead of his powers going off Armando's own perception, it goes off other's?

As in, his power kills whoever thinks they are the most to blame for his death.

This excludes Calamity, because Calamity blames the Epics themselves.

This also means that if armando dies in a complete accident, he doesn't take anyone down with him, but there aslo isn't a point to strapping a bomb to someopne else or mind-controlling someone.

Does this work?

What if he dies in an accident for which someone else blames themselves? 

6 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

What if he dies in an accident for which someone else blames themselves? 

There's always a doubt in the mind of those people. Is it really their fault?

If a kid trips Armando, and hge falls off a cliff, sure that kid would die as well.

But if an engineer makes a faulty skilift that crashes to the ground with Armando inside, the engineer would be fine.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Libre said:

There's always a doubt in the mind of those people. Is it really their fault?

If a kid trips Armando, and hge falls off a cliff, sure that kid would die as well.

But if an engineer makes a faulty skilift that crashes to the ground with Armando inside, the engineer would be fine.

Kind of a fringe case, but what would happen if they were killed violently by a large group, like an angry mob or a stoning or something

6 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

You've got three Epics, including Funtimes and Kokichi in close proximity. Is there any way this wouldn't end badly?

Considering these quirky shenanigans are going to eventually end with Nighthound coming back from the dead, I’m inclined to agree. It can only get worse.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Thus, prompting the (second) question: What Will Happen In Edmonton?

I have seen the end, and have heard it named. The Night of Sorrows, the True Desolation. The Everstorm.

— Collected on Naneses 1172, 15 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a darkeyed youth of unknown origin

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Nightblood will get put in the Circuit, and then subjugate the entire world, putting Calamity to shame when it comes to creating hellholes.

That would be (probably) (very slightly) better than if he got the infinity stones. 
but iT'S STILL A REALLY BAD IDEA. 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

I was thinking more of what a corrupted, power boosted Funtimes would do to the rest of the world.

That would depend on whether or not she once again took on the childlike persona as a coping mechanism, or if she just went straight to Darktimes. And whether or not that happened would depend on the circumstances that got her corrupted again. So, let’s call it a tossup between “lots and lots of rubber chickens” and “lots and lots of acid.”