12 hours ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

And not in a CGI-trying-to-imitate-real-life kind of way, like with Guy Henry in Rogue One. They should be a full-on anime character inserted into a live-action world. And when their weakness goes into effect, they should be played by a live actor. 

Now I want a movie called "Who framed Kokichi Rabbit?"

Seconding Whitaker for Funtimes. Otherwise not much of a casting person.

Epic Name: Target

Actual Name: Zack Ozman

Powers: Shooting with a  weapon, Zack will hit his target if his shot is within a 15 foot diameter of the target. This makes shooting a lot easier and if he doesn't have time to aim his weapon, he doesn't have to worry. His bullets will not penetrate epics with Prime Defense Invincibilities. They are just normal bullets.

Weapons: Snipers, Rocket launchers, Handguns, etc.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

There! I finally found time to write that post y'all have been hung up on.

53 minutes ago, Ookla the Reckoner said:

can i join?

Sure! Just post an Epic or Maple character concept here, we'll make sure it's not too OP or situationally story-breaking and give constructive criticism, then you can put it in the character thread "Edmonton's Recipe for Epic Maple Pug Treats."

EDIT: Ninja'd! Please avoid "double posting" by editing your previous post if nobody else has posted and you need to add something. Sounds like a good character to me. Considering joining one of the factions, or is he going solo?

Edited by Ookla the Palindrome
Ninja'd

22 minutes ago, Ookla the Reckoner said:

Epic Name: Target

Actual Name: Zack Ozman

Powers: Shooting with a  weapon, Zack will hit his target if his shot is within a 15 foot diameter of the target. This makes shooting a lot easier and if he doesn't have time to aim his weapon, he doesn't have to worry. His bullets will not penetrate epics with Prime Defense Invincibilities. They are just normal bullets.

Weapons: Snipers, Rocket launchers, Handguns, etc.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

So out of curiosity, do his bullets curve mid air or do they just kind of teleport to hit his target?

K Take 2:

Name: Armando

Group: Both. He's a Maple and an Epic. You'll see.

Epic Name: Armando

Epic Ability: Upon his death, whoever caused his death, either directly or indirectly, is instantly destroyed. This power bypasses all Prime Invincibilities, and Epics who can Reincarnate will die their last.

This power also includes a knowledge of what it entails; that is how Armando knows what it is despite not being dead to experience it.

History: Became an Epic, but couldn't rampage. So, untouched by the darkness, he still became a Maple (I assume Maples are like the Canadian version of Reckoners)

Weakness: Hard to tell since he's never activated his power

Is this good?

Edited by Ookla the Libre

Maples are the Canadian version of vanillas (so just all regular people). Also, your power is either extremely overpowered or extremely underpowered, depending on what their personality and behavior is.

Edit: Also, I just finished reading Question 21, and it cleared up a lot of stuff (except at the point where I came across the tv tropes page, with all the stuff that hasn't happened yet).

Edited by Ookla the Foxed

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

@Ookla the Palindrome Just FYI, Kokichi's hair is currently purple with gold hair clips, not green. Nate's also misgendering them-- I'm assuming that's intentional on your behalf? 

The misgendering is because of Nate's inexperience with people like them. The hair was a mistake.

2 hours ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

On that topic, Jade’s hair is black. :ph34r:

Okay, misremembered that, too.

Fixing both.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Libre said:

K Take 2:

Name: Armando

Group: Both. He's a Maple and an Epic. You'll see.

Epic Name: Armando

Epic Ability: Upon his death, whoever caused his death, either directly or indirectly, is instantly destroyed. This power bypasses all Prime Invincibilities, and Epics who can Reincarnate will die their last.

This power also includes a knowledge of what it entails; that is how Armando knows what it is despite not being dead to experience it.

History: Became an Epic, but couldn't rampage. So, untouched by the darkness, he still became a Maple (I assume Maples are like the Canadian version of Reckoners)

Weakness: Hard to tell since he's never activated his power

Is this good?

I like it!  And Blank is already thinking of ways to exploit this.

What happens if he commits suicide?

5 hours ago, Ookla the Reckoner said:

@Edgedancer The bullets curve. And how do I join a Faction?

Easy.  Just ask someone!  Blank's would be easy to join, as they could already be there, but Blank's faction has several Epics already, so you might want to go elsewhere.  I advise your character having been there for a while, since Edmonton actually has a weirdly low number of Epics compared to Newcago.  I know it's smaller but still.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Reckoner said:

Like Flame said, just ask. The Fence - Karabiner's company - would not be the best to join, I think, but it would be easy to explain his absence from previous posts, as most of Karabiner's people don't know each other. It's plausible that he simply wasn't needed for the onscreen jobs, or was needed somewhere else, but he won't be pulling his punches at all with Operation Stalemate, so it would be an easy time to pull him in. In fact, he could just be higher level, his movements kept secret from most of the lower minions. LMK if you want to do that, but that's up to you, the Fence is fine as-is.

Edited by Ookla the Palindrome
Would NOT

The fence is going to get torn up sooner or later though, and Blank's faction is actually probably the smallest group of interest in the city, so any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and most Epics get an insight into how their powers work when they gain them, which is one of the reasons why there is very little learning curve for most of them, so the explodo-guy seems even better.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Reckoner said:

Well, the superfriends and these two random maples who were along for the ride but now have a genuine emotional connection to their Epic pals is easy enough. Just stumble into the donut store. 

17 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Maples are the Canadian version of vanillas (so just all regular people). Also, your power is either extremely overpowered or extremely underpowered, depending on what their personality and behavior is.

He's not the kind of guy who would put himself in situations where a powerful epic would have to kill him. I based him off the Armando in Legion, who has a kind of... narcissism.

Ok, do these Maples fight back? What is their role in the RPG?

13 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

What happens if he commits suicide?

He's not likely too. If he's in an accident, like where some equipment fails and he falls off a cliff or whatnot, whoever failed to make the equipment properly is killed.

13 hours ago, Ookla of the Flame said:

I like it!  And Blank is already thinking of ways to exploit this.

Thanks! Wait... :)

Edited by Ookla the Libre

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Libre said:

Some might? Maples are basically just all people (PCs, NPCs) who don't have epic powers.

Also, what happens if someone force someone else to kill him? Who would die? Example: Person A puts a bomb on person B and tells him that it'll go off if he doesn't kill Armando, so person B kills him. This makes B directly responsible for his death, but A would be indirectly responsible, because they are the reason B did it. So in this case, would A die, B die, or both of them?

Edited by Ookla the Foxed

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Libre said:

He's not the kind of guy who would put himself in situations where a powerful epic would have to kill him. I based him off the Armando in Legion, who has a kind of... narcissism.

He's not likely too. If he's in an accident, like where some equipment fails and he falls off a cliff or whatnot, whoever failed to make the equipment properly is killed.

Thanks! Wait... :)

The role of Maples is to not be Epics. Some Maples are important characters, while others are just there to get killed, or used, or create problems. They're just the normal - and abnormal but non-Epic - people, and they do whatever they want while trying not to spark off any Epics. Unless they're Reckoners.