22 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

Hey look at this meme I made in 2 minutes before I have to go back to work. :ph34r: 

Hide contents

2nhkaa.jpg

I call it What Unites Us All.

Except for you, Red. We're not talking to you anymore. 

You were talking to Red in the first place? *raises eyebrows*

48 minutes ago, Ookla of the East said:

Well, you need a character, Epic or Maple (doesn't matter). If it's an Epic, put his/her/their powers in here just so we can make sure they aren't too overpowered.

Am I the only one confused by all these Ooklas? What happened?

20 hours ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

in order to integrate into the story a little quicker you might want to create some backstory with an existing character, but that's just a suggestion.

I'm not entirely sure about all the epics around yet, or if they fit with the concept I have in mind, so I'll just post the concept and if anybody has an idea on improving it or integrating it with other characters I'm open to suggestions.

Name: Kaitlin Howards
Nickname: Amethyst

Powers: Has the ability to create crystals looking similar to amethysts (actual chemical composition is different). She also has the ability to control these crystals telekinetically, but this limits the mass of the crystals to thin spears and shards. Crystals can be larger when grown from the ground. Using her powers will also have parts of her body slowly turn into crystal. While this does increase strength and durability in the short term, it caries downsides for longer usage. This is because the crystals will also make it harder for her to move, and over-usage of the powers will start turning organs into crystals, which will kill her if it reaches vital organs. Normally these crystals will fade away again after she stops using her powers, but over-usage means at least some of them will stay behind.

Weakness: Do I need to put this here?

Appearance: 5'2'' high. Has shoulder length black hair, and generally wears jeans, a hoodie and hiking shoes. During colder weather she also wears a thick winter coat with a hood attached to it. She also has patterns of crystal spread across her body in fairly symmetrical patterns, including her face, from previous overuse of her powers. She generally keeps the hoodie up to hide these.

Personality: She has a form of dependent personality disorder, and generally acts shy around other people, and tends to go along with what they do. She has the tendency to get attached to a single person, for whom she'll do anything they ask of her, including things like murder. When not told to do anything she generally displays little initiative. Currently also has trust issues because of things in her past.

Backstory: She got her powers at the same time as a friend of hers did, and ended up following her and helping her serve a local high epic. Later on, her friend decided to use her to take over instead, but they ended up losing the fight. Her friend blamed her for having them lose, and out of spite, used her weakness on her while making sure all others around found out as well. Because of this the Epics fighting them made her a lower priority, and she managed to escape. Confused and scared by her friends' betrayal she ended up fleeing the city. Not knowing what to do she eventually decided to leave the area, and ended up in Edmonton, hoping that it was far enough away that nobody knew about her.

Love it!
No, weakness doesn't need to be public if you don't want it to be. We used to PM them to the threads GM (Edgedancer in this case) but I'm not sure if we've been doing that for the reboot.
I've got four characters in varying levels of availability right now;
Scribbler is a writing Epic who's currently trying to kill all other Epics. (Which would make interaction difficult, but if she thought she could use Amethyst to kill other Epics she'd keep her alive for a while). She's recently been corrupted after massively overusing her powers so she's not fussed about killing anyone she needs to to get rid of the Epics.
Impact and MV are twins with momentum based powers, MV is currently not really corrupted but is trying to get her twin to come with her, Impact is fully corrupted and set on the standard Epic thing of trying to take over the city.
Neverthere is an astral projector, she'd very much be interested in teaming up with another Epic and she has a pretty decent range so she could conceivably know of Amethyst from her previous city. She knows she's never going to be able to openly rule a city but she likes manipulating people, playing both sides of confrontations and selling information.

I also have Nicroburst, as well as Blank's faction.  Everyone says they're awful, but they really aren't.  They're just misunderstood!

Also, they're is Jacklyn.  Them together would be interesting.  Jacklyn's powers would actually force her to take the initiative for once. :lol:

What happened to upgrade?

Okay, first off: Amethyst sounds awesome.

My characters are Nate/Bloodlight, Arachnerd the Blackweb and Amanda Whitaker, (eventually the demi-Epic Stalemate) along with Karabiner and his minions.

Nate is the Maple persona of the Devine Justice High Epic w/PI Bloodlight, but is otherwise a very good person. He talks to himself a lot, because he processes information by literally thinking out loud, but is otherwise fairly normal. He tends to perform best - and be the most fun - when way too much is expected of him, but is never really a bore to be with, nor incompetent.

Arachnerd has chased Nate from Las Vegas to Edmonton to kill him, but is way too tired, even though she beat him there by a lot. She's getting coffee with Riley, who is helping her. For some reason.

Amanda is Karabiner's most valuable slave, mostly used as bait for Karabiner's power traps because she is beyond hot. She really really hates his guts, but loves one of his Epic minions, Skeet, who shows compassion because he is unable to kill her under most circumstances. He has feelings for her, too, but is terrified of Karabiner, and even more of his own mind, which he realizes is unstable from the Corruption.

Karabiner is a terrible person. His Epic nature isn't even to blame. He's a Neo-Nazi Epic crime lord with too many awesome toys and no regard for anyone else's feelings, privacy or even agency, especially when it comes to his favorite "plaything" Amanda. He's also a backstabbing suck-up with plans to take over Edmonton and enforce his beliefs unchecked. But he won't do that until he deems himself a "Superman" or human paragon who literally defines morality.

There will also eventually be Mightwielder, a simple but interesting meta Epic who doesn't fight the Corruption at all. But he's for later.

Edited by Ookla the Palindrome
Typos

13 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

I'm not entirely sure about all the epics around yet, or if they fit with the concept I have in mind, so I'll just post the concept and if anybody has an idea on improving it or integrating it with other characters I'm open to suggestions.

Name: Kaitlin Howards
Nickname: Amethyst

Powers: Has the ability to create crystals looking similar to amethysts (actual chemical composition is different). She also has the ability to control these crystals telekinetically, but this limits the mass of the crystals to thin spears and shards. Crystals can be larger when grown from the ground. Using her powers will also have parts of her body slowly turn into crystal. While this does increase strength and durability in the short term, it caries downsides for longer usage. This is because the crystals will also make it harder for her to move, and over-usage of the powers will start turning organs into crystals, which will kill her if it reaches vital organs. Normally these crystals will fade away again after she stops using her powers, but over-usage means at least some of them will stay behind.

Weakness: Do I need to put this here?

Appearance: 5'2'' high. Has shoulder length black hair, and generally wears jeans, a hoodie and hiking shoes. During colder weather she also wears a thick winter coat with a hood attached to it. She also has patterns of crystal spread across her body in fairly symmetrical patterns, including her face, from previous overuse of her powers. She generally keeps the hoodie up to hide these.

Personality: She has a form of dependent personality disorder, and generally acts shy around other people, and tends to go along with what they do. She has the tendency to get attached to a single person, for whom she'll do anything they ask of her, including things like murder. When not told to do anything she generally displays little initiative. Currently also has trust issues because of things in her past.

Backstory: She got her powers at the same time as a friend of hers did, and ended up following her and helping her serve a local high epic. Later on, her friend decided to use her to take over instead, but they ended up losing the fight. Her friend blamed her for having them lose, and out of spite, used her weakness on her while making sure all others around found out as well. Because of this the Epics fighting them made her a lower priority, and she managed to escape. Confused and scared by her friends' betrayal she ended up fleeing the city. Not knowing what to do she eventually decided to leave the area, and ended up in Edmonton, hoping that it was far enough away that nobody knew about her.

She might have some interesting interactions with either of my characters. There’s Red, who is a... special sort of person. She’s a yandere with a Thing for the worst and most horrible Epics around. Whatever cruel and morally despicable thing you can imagine, she’s probably enslaved herself to someone who makes that their hobby. Because reasons. She can manipulate her own blood, which she has an infinite supply of, and can hear the heart beat of people around her. It translates to a very limited form of empathy and tracking.

Kokichi is an over excitable roughly 19 year old with poor coping mechanisms and enough repressed trauma to make any psychologist quit their job. They run on toon logic and react with anime style overreactions. Anyone interacting with them is subject to the same.

21 hours ago, Ookla of the East said:

Well, you need a character, Epic or Maple (doesn't matter). If it's an Epic, put his/her/their powers in here just so we can make sure they aren't too overpowered.

Ok, thanks!

Name: Armando

Epic Nickname: Armando

Appearance: Armando is well built for his age, and well muscled. He does have a worn countenance, with intense and fiery eyes

Epic Abilities: Armando has one power: the ability to instantly transport anything other than himself to anyplace he can physically see. He has to be able to see the entire object as well; He can’t move a building because it’s foundations will be hidden. What counts as an ‘object’ is up to him; he can’t teleport half a candy bar because, in his mind, a ‘candy bar’ is one item. Objects in motion are also subject to his powers. If something small, hard and fast hits him, his powers will activate and teleport the object away before it breaks his skin. Objects in motion that are teleported unconsciously travel in the same direction as they did before he interfered. However, if he teleports an object in motion consciously, he can turn them around and, thus, change their direction.

Limitation: He cannot teleport himself, or what he sees as part of his identity; namely, his clothing or a gun he always wears. He must have a part of his body (or what he sees as his body, such as clothing) touching an object if he wants to teleport it. He may teleport other humans or animals, however.

Personality: He loves messing with people, although now that he's an Epic he's a bit more... messy. He does kill people, lot's of them, but he likes to lead them around first. One he became an epic, he became convinced that every human had become an Epic and those who hadn't were of a different species. Thus, he likes to perform experiments of them.

History: Armando used to be a psychologist, studying the way people think. Armando turned Epic and rampaged, a servant to the darkness. He took over parts of South America before getting bored and dividing the land up between his faithful servants. He traveled, playing a game with society: he wouldn’t kill anyone unless they recognized him as either an Epic or the Epic Armando. 

If yall need more information I'm happy to provide. Thanks!

Neverthere might work, but it depends on how close the previous city was. The issue is that if it was too close others would have heard of what happened, and thus might know of Kaitlin's weakness. It could work however as the reason she actually managed to leave the city.

Jacklyn could work, and might give some interesting interactions, but she currently seems stuck with Epoch?

8 hours ago, winter devotion said:

She might have some interesting interactions with either of my characters. There’s Red, who is a... special sort of person. She’s a yandere with a Thing for the worst and most horrible Epics around. Whatever cruel and morally despicable thing you can imagine, she’s probably enslaved herself to someone who makes that their hobby. Because reasons. She can manipulate her own blood, which she has an infinite supply of, and can hear the heart beat of people around her. It translates to a very limited form of empathy and tracking.

Kokichi is an over excitable roughly 19 year old with poor coping mechanisms and enough repressed trauma to make any psychologist quit their job. They run on toon logic and react with anime style overreactions. Anyone interacting with them is subject to the same.

Red would scare her to death, and she'd stay as far away as possible if she knows about her if she isn't following anyone at the time.
Kokichi would leave them very confused.

Also, I've read something somewhere about Nighthound being resurrected, but didn't find anything about it in the Edmonton thread, so can someone tell me what I missed here?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Neverthere might work, but it depends on how close the previous city was. The issue is that if it was too close others would have heard of what happened, and thus might know of Kaitlin's weakness. It could work however as the reason she actually managed to leave the city.

Jacklyn could work, and might give some interesting interactions, but she currently seems stuck with Epoch?

Red would scare her to death, and she'd stay as far away as possible if she knows about her if she isn't following anyone at the time.
Kokichi would leave them very confused.

Also, I've read something somewhere about Nighthound being resurrected, but didn't find anything about it in the Edmonton thread, so can someone tell me what I missed here?

Nighthound's rebirth is planned, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm thinking it'll happen within the in game day, but I'm not sure...

3 hours ago, Ookla the Foxed said:

Neverthere only just arrived in the city herself in the last couple of days so it could have been elsewhere in the Fractured States. She has a pretty long range on her Projecting so she gets around to a lot of places.
Up to you though.

Here’s an epic if anyone wants one

Epic Name: Teleporty Teleport

Appearence: Short Stocky, Has a round face and is balding

Epic Abilities: Has the power to “Teleport” objects. In actuality he’s an illusionist whose only ability is to make things look they teleported, by making them disappear and an illusion of it appear in another location.

Limitations: Can only create illusions in a 1 mile radius, and can only make one at a time. While the illusion is active it’s a slight drain on his mental energy, and he must remain conscious to sustain it

Weakness: Teleportation and Teleporters

Background: After watching Star Trek as a kid he became obsessed with teleportation and the transporter, and this continued through out his early life. In college he went into particle physics, and after he graduated he joined a government agency whose goal was to create a working a teleporter. After many years without success, they were finally able to create a device that could transport matter from one location to another. However, when the time finally came for a human test subject, Tel’s wife, another particle physicist and the lead of the project volunteered to go though the device. When she came out the other end, her brain was wiped clean and all of her memories and personality was destroyed. Tel was devestated and so left the project, instead working at North Edmonton High School in the physics department, and caring for his wife. His home was near the edge of Edmonton, and a few years after Calamity rose it was destroyed in a fight between Epoch and The Belt, and his wife died in the explosion. Though he was devestated by his wife’s death, he continued to work at the school, was funded by Epoch. When he became an epic, he immediately left to get revenge on those who took his wife away from him.  Now he is returning to teach again.

This was intended to be a joke, but now I’m actually considering rping them

Edited by Ookla the Skeptical
Forgot to finish appearance